Could Joe Flacco be this Jets teams 1998 version of Vinny?

Matt39

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Vinny came over to the Jets on the heels of his 2 best season of his career in Balt.  Flacco has been on the roster for 2 years and is 0-5 as the Jets starter.  lmfao  What?  

Vinny was behind Glenn Foley in 98

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Vinny came over to the Jets on the heels of his 2 best season of his career in Balt.  Flacco has been on the roster for 2 years and is 0-5 as the Jets starter.  lmfao  What?  

Exactly.  Vinny was just in the pro bowl and the playoffs in Baltimore.   Flacco got run out of baltimore and was a complete disaster in Denver and now hasnt played much in 3 years.

This is in no way comparable to 98.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly.  Vinny was just in the pro bowl and the playoffs in Baltimore.   Flacco got run out of baltimore and was a complete disaster in Denver and now hasnt played much in 3 years.

This is in no way comparable to 98.

He went 8-20 as a starter as a Raven lol

• Post of the Week 1

While the prospect of losing another AFCCG is very appealing, I must say I have very little interest in watching the corpse of Joe Flacco lead us to a failed playoff appearance (or worse). 

The only hope we have as a franchise right now is that Zach Wilson turns it around and becomes a franchise QB. The likelihood of that happening is a difference conversation but we need to find out who he is this season. If he continues to suck, fine, move on and draft a QB. But we should all be rooting for Zach to do great things this year.

He's a 2nd year QB. It will probably look rough at times. Hopefully not frequently. QB's need to be developed and often take 2-3 years to really show they have it.  Give the kid a chance, for now he's our only hope.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

can come in here and duplicate what Vinny did....who cares?  this is a young team.  let's get Zach in there and see what he can do with actual weapons!

So… Even if Flacco can repeat what Vinny did, which was lead the best Jets team of my lifetime, who cares because “Zach is young”?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So… Even if Flacco can repeat what Vinny did, which was lead the best Jets team of my lifetime, who cares because “Zach is young”?

Yeah that one stuck out for me, too. You responded first, though.

Even if Flacco has top-5 QB numbers and is good enough to get the team within 20 game-min of the super bowl, then go with Zach anyway? Um, no.

I'll believe 37 year-old Flacco has that ability in him when I see it, but on the extreme off-chance he does, ffs he's the unquestioned starter until he sucks again, no matter how hard Wilson throws or how fast his release or whatever skills/upside he's got.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

yes.  even if Flacco could lose an AFC Championship game for the Jets (my God it's hard to type as I am hysterically laughing just thinking about that statement) - what does that do for us?  so we start off next year with Flacco retiring and us wondering if Zach is "the guy" all over again.  great!!  huge win guys!

17 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

yes.  even if Flacco could lose an AFC Championship game for the Jets (my God it's hard to type as I am hysterically laughing just thinking about that statement) - what does that do for us?  so we start off next year with Flacco retiring and us wondering if Zach is "the guy" all over again.  great!!  huge win guys!

Basically, yes.

You have a great run this year. The whole team gains incredible experience winning. Then next year, you plug Zach in and basically do what you’re advocating we do this year. See what we’ve got… but at least you cram a killer season in the middle of it.

Were the Jets. Success is alien to us. Of course our fans would trade a playoff run for ‘seeing if Zach is good’. I have news for you. He’s not. Not yet. A year of learning and observation might be exactly what he needs. Evidence has show man Jets QBs don’t have a high trajectory when they start as rookies.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah that one stuck out for me, too. You responded first, though.

Even if Flacco has top-5 QB numbers and is good enough to get the team within 20 game-min of the super bowl, then go with Zach anyway? Um, no.

I'll believe 37 year-old Flacco has that ability in him when I see it, but on the extreme off-chance he does, ffs he's the unquestioned starter until he sucks again, no matter how hard Wilson throws or how fast his release or whatever skills/upside he's got.

This.

I’m not saying I think he’ll do it. I’m saying if he is doing it, you go with it. Not doing so is simply puzzling.

• Upvote 2