Would you rather ...

What would you rather see happen?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see happen?

• Flacco Leads Jets to AFCCG Loss
    • Wilson Leads Jets to 8-9 no playoff season but looks like FQB

a) See Flacco have a renaissance season leading the Jets deep into the playoffs only to stumble and lose a 1st half lead in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.

b) See the Jets struggle in the first half of the season but turn it on in the second half with Zach Wilson playing great and looking like a real deal FQB, but finish 8-9 and miss the playoffs?

inspired by 

I can't imagine this team only going 8-9 with Wilson looking like a FQB (unless of course Flacco starts the first 3-4 games and loses all of them), but that's the easy choice to me.  This year is all about Wilson making the leap....or not.  No matter how fun a deep playoff run with a resurgent Flacco sounds.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't imagine this team only going 8-9 with Wilson looking like a FQB (unless of course Flacco starts the first 3-4 games and loses all of them), but that's the easy choice to me.  This year is all about Wilson making the leap....or not.  No matter how fun a deep playoff run with a resurgent Flacco sounds.

I can see it happening with a rough first half schedule and a 2nd year QB having early struggles before the lights turn on.  

something like:

Ravens - L
@Browns - W
Bengals - L
@Steelers - L
Fins - L
@Packers - L
@Broncos - L

<--- right about here JN is a miserable hell hole with everyone fired, new coach/gm threads, necro bumps, etc

Patriots - W
Bills - L
@Patriots - W
Bears - W
@Vikings - L
@Bills - L
Lions - W
Jags - W
@Seahawks - W
@Dolphins - W

• Upvote 3

I honestly feel bad for Flacco.  he's in a "Super Bowl or bust" situation.  He needs to play the full season, lead the Jets deep into the playoffs and win the SB for this to be a successful Jets season with him as the QB.  Wilson....needs to win like 7 games.

Speaking for myself, I think most of us would give up ANYTHING for ONE SB win for the Jets.  So yes, I would give up Zach's year of development if Flacco can win the SB for the Jets.  anything else is a complete waste of a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can see it happening with a rough first half schedule and a 2nd year QB having early struggles before the lights turn on.  

As long as it isn't just the last 4 games that sounds good to me.  We've had far too many QB's lately who finished a season hot only for it not to mean d*ck the next season.

FQB scenario of course. As fun as playoffs would be, give me the real deal at QB.

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

something like:

Ravens - L
@Browns - W
Bengals - L
@Steelers - L
Fins - L
@Packers - L
@Broncos - L

<--- right about here JN is a miserable hell hole with everyone fired, new coach/gm threads, necro bumps, etc

Patriots - W
Bills - L
@Patriots - W
Bears - W
@Vikings - L
@Bills - L
Lions - W
Jags - W
@Seahawks - W
@Dolphins - W

I need Zach to throw a 3/1 TD/INT ratio in that second half. I might even take 3/2. Points need to be scored.

stop with this flacco is our savior this season - he has much value as spot starter but either wilson is the guy or we have to draft another potential franchise qb - to even think of flacco starting for this team for a whole season is one of the most counterproductive things i could think of - wilson will be the starter once healthy and he should be and at seasons end we will know what we have

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

False choice.

Looking like FQB would mean playoffs in every circumstance, except the foolish example of Sanchez and Rex being gifted a spot by the Colts.

nah - rough first half, things start to click in the Packers game and he goes toe to toe w/Rodgers and then R. Wilson in back to back losses then started crushing it. We lose a few close ones to good teams in the second half.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

something like:

Ravens - L
@Browns - W
Bengals - L
@Steelers - L
Fins - L
@Packers - L
@Broncos - L

Patriots - W
Bills - L
@Patriots - W
Bears - W
@Vikings - L
@Bills - L
Lions - W
Jags - W
@Seahawks - W
@Dolphins - W

The last time the Jets swept the Patriots, Drew Bledsoe was the QB...   #JustSayin

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

nah - rough first half, things start to click in the Packers game and he goes toe to toe w/Rodgers and then R. Wilson in back to back losses then started crushing it. We lose a few close ones to good teams in the second half.

Nope, this is derpy nonsense.

For a team that has largely been a complete dumpster fire for 12 years, I'm not sure how you can vote against an AFC Championship Game appearance.

It would validate Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh as leaders of this team for the foreseeable future. It would mean that all or most of the young pieces on this team are a hit (Moore, Wilson, Breece, Gardner, AVT, Carter, Johnson, etc.).

With all this said, it's very hard to imagine the Jets going 8-9 with Wilson looking like a FQB. It just doesn't add up, and I dont see that as a realistic option in this poll.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

something like:

Ravens - L
@Browns - W
Bengals - L
@Steelers - L
Fins - L
@Packers - L
@Broncos - L

Patriots - W
Bills - L
@Patriots - W
Bears - W
@Vikings - L
@Bills - L
Lions - W
Jags - W
@Seahawks - W
@Dolphins - W

No way they lose 6 out of 7 games to start the season

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The only answer is Wilson taking the leap and looking legit . That sets us up for a future as a perennial contender. We’ve all seen option A before.

I’d be genuinely curious to hear a cogent argument for option A. 

Wilson playing well enough to go 8-9 doesn't really set us up for anything, does it? Sam Darnold went 7-6 as a starter in 2019.

• Sympathy 1

If Flacco is playing winning football you have to let him continue in the starting capacity. Winning breeds confidence and a young team needs to learn how to close out games anx what winning football looks and feels like

Also a players career is relatively short and if they have a chance to contend for a Lombardi trophy you as a coach need to play the person that brought you to that precipice. Especially true for the veterans on the squad who might not ever get the chance again 

• Upvote 1