Flacco has High Praise for Receiver Elijah Moore

Joe Flacco

For anyone who still feels Jets receiver Elijah Moore is a slot receiver who isn’t quite big enough to be a number one receiver, you may want to check in with Joe Flacco.

The current Jets QB1 was asked which receiver Moore reminds him of and Flacco brought up one of the better receivers of this generation in former teammate Steve Smith.

Joe Flacco, when asked who Elijah Moore reminds him of, compares his explosiveness to Steve Smith ? pic.twitter.com/vbluGOPaNk

— Jets Videos (@snyjets) August 19, 2022

Smith, who posted 8 seasons of 1,000 yards or more spent time in Baltimore with Flacco where the two teamed up to put up 1,065 yards in 2014.

While some detractors still view Moore as only a slot receiver who lacks the height to be a top receiver in the NFL, it’s clear on tape from both college and the NFL that he can absolutely get open on the boundary or in the slot.  The rare combination of speed and agility processed by Moore give him the potential to rack up plenty of 1,000 yard seasons himself.

Flacco and Moore hooked up for a big 42-yard completion in today’s joint practice with the Falcons.

The post Flacco has High Praise for Receiver Elijah Moore appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I will die on the Elijah Moore is awesome hill. I know we all like him but I’m not sure if how good he is/can be is fully appreciated.

Can't believe how many people watched Moore last season and can't see his ceiling.  We'll see multiple 1,000 yard season out of him and 1,500 at some point wouldn't shock me.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Pretty sure I’ve made the Steve Smith comp before. Love hearing it from Flacco.

Same.

Although Smith had a far more powerful lower half.

But sky is the limit for Moore.

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pretty sure I’ve made the Steve Smith comp before. Love hearing it from Flacco.

I saw some Steve Smith comps for Garrett Wilson also, after the draft.  It may be premature (wouldn't be my first time) but if we have two Steve Smiths on the team, I think I'd be OK with that.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I usually do well and target no Jets aside from maybe a late round flyer. ?

"OK pointman. You're up. With the second pick of the 2021 fantasy football league, your pick is?"

Me "Pfft. EEEASSSY. That would be the one and only, perennial All Pro, future Hall of Famer, Jets defense"

*Crowd goes wild*

john cena wrestling GIF by WWE

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Can't believe how many people watched Moore last season and can't see his ceiling.  We'll see multiple 1,000 yard season out of him and 1,500 at some point wouldn't shock me.

As long as he stays healthy, he'll be an all pro 

I’ve said it weeks ago. Flacco is NOT a bad Backup to have in that the helps the young receiving playmakers develop to the pro  game and the offense isn’t stunted by a neophyte QB that would probably grossly benefit from sitting and watching HOW the QB is a complimentary role for this offensive scheme to Flourish. 

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Genuinely exciting talent with the potential to do all of those things but but but….injuries!

we have to stay healthy and guys like Moore, Sauce, Breece Hall & Carter are key,

I just don’t trust our recent history not to bite us again and we end up with these guys playing sporadically and missing large chunks of time…we need to see the injury bug nixed for me to feel properly confident in those 1K seasons you talk about 

• Upvote 1