Why does Zach remind me of Glenn Foley?

17 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

Glenn Foley was a bit before my time. Cliffnotes on the guy? Did he actually play and win games?

He was drafted in '94, but didn't get a legitimate chance until Parcells gave him one in '97. He came in to relieve Neil O'Donnell in back to back games and then was named the starter after a comeback win against the Pats......in typical Jets luck he got hurt a game or two later and was out for the year and as a result we just missed the playoffs.  He was fully healthy in '98 and put on a show against the 49ers opening day.  He got hurt the following week and Vinny T. came in and played well leading us to back to back wins.....he came back in week 5 against an inferior rams team and did not play well. Vinny was given the job the following week and held it the rest of the year.  For some reason Parcells traded him for Rick Mirer the following summer and Mirer was Bryce Petty type of bad......he couldn't do anything.  He was eventually benched for Ray Lucas.....too little too late.... We missed the playoffs by one game that year and deep down in my heart I think we would have made it to the dance if we got in the tournament....... I always wonder how that season would have played out if we never traded Foley

• Sympathy 1