Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter

Facts

The Zach Wilson reign was a fantastic portion of 1 year.

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt reports Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter in training camp. 

Flacco has operated as New York's starter after Zach Wilson suffered a frightening knee injury in the team's first preseason game. Wilson has since undergone surgery and likely won't be ready for Week 1. Flacco, 37, recently completed 10 straight passes in 11-on-11 practices, hitting pass catchers in stride and demonstrating a command of the Jets offense. Rosenblatt said Flacco on Tuesday "completed 14 of 17 passes, with four touchdowns, all of them in the red zone — an area in which Wilson had struggled at times in training camp." There's a reasonable argument that Flacco would be better for the fantasy prospects of Jets pass catchers than Wilson, who has struggled at times during camp. New York receivers have complimented Flacco's delivery since he took over as starter. Flacco could be a pleasant surprise in superflex formats early in the regular season. He would have a revenge game against Baltimore in Week 1. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/702/joe-flacco

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson fans complaining about any non-Zach QB only doing well in a short sample is bizarre considering their whole argument rests on Zach having a mediocre game (58%, 234 yards, 1 TD) once against an injured Bucs defense in absolute garbage time. 

T0m, being a Real Jets Fan™ means defending one Jets player even if it means taking a huge dump onto all the other players, coaches, staff, other fans, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I’m pulling for Zach to come back by Week 2-3 and look like the QB we drafted him to be, but it’s not batsh*t crazy to think that the team could be 2-0 with Flacco going into the Bengals game.

Again, Flacco doesn’t even remotely have a future here beyond this season, but the guy is still a solid vet who can avoid the critical mistake and steer the ship with a cast of young playmakers around him.

The hate for him by many around here is goofy.

That Ravens defense isn’t what it used to be and Lamar Jackson isn’t the player who was league MVP 3 years ago. These run first QB’s like Vick, Vince Young and Lamar are always going to be contained and exposed eventually, I don’t give a sh*t what anyone says to the contrary.

And who the hell is shaking in their boots over a Jacoby Brissett-led Browns squad even though they still have Garrett and Clowney coming off the edge?

If Flacco is playing well and the Jets are winning, then the Jets will have a conundrum on their hands.

Douglas may not completely be on the hotseat this year, but Saleh sure as hell will be. Especially after turning in the worst defense in franchise history last year and if the rumors are true about Sean Payton considering the Jets one of his preferred destinations.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I’m pulling for Zach to come back by Week 2-3 and look like the QB we drafted him to be, but it’s not batsh*t crazy to think that the team could be 2-0 with Flacco going into the Bengals game.
Again, Flacco doesn’t even remotely have a future here beyond this season, but the guy is still a solid vet who can avoid the critical mistake and steer the ship with a cast of young playmakers around him.
The hate for him by many around here is goofy.
That Ravens defense isn’t what it used to be and Lamar Jackson isn’t the player who was league MVP 3 years ago. These run first QB’s like Vick, Vince Young and Lamar are always going to be contained and exposed eventually, I don’t give a sh*t what anyone says to the contrary.
And who the hell is shaking in their boots over a Jacoby Brissett-led Browns squad even though they still have Garrett and Clowney coming off the edge?
If Flacco is playing well and the Jets are winning, then the Jets will have a conundrum on their hands.
Douglas may not completely be on the hotseat this year, but Saleh sure as hell will be. Especially after turning in the worst defense in franchise history last year and if the rumors are true about Sean Payton considering the Jets one of his preferred destinations.

Yea let’s change coaches every 3-4 years. That’s been working out really well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Facts said:

Nah, Flacco was reportedly outplaying Zach for weeks now.

One day it was asked.  By one internet site.  It’s what they’re known for.  On the the 3rd of Aug, a week into camp.  You fell for it.
Zach finished by stringing together a number of good practices, you weren’t even hearing about Flacco. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What’s with the campaign to disparage every non-Wilson QB on the roster?

What’s with the flip from why is Flacco even on this team?

What’s with the idea that saying what Flacco is as a long term QB have to do with Wilson?  That’s two QBs you used that defense for.  Flacco hasn’t won a game in 3 seasons.  You want me to say he’s good because why?

5 minutes ago, tfine said:

I don’t understand the madness. We have a QB that’s injured. The backup QB and had a good practice with the ones. That’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There's one rule.... everything is always bad 

Welcome brother 

Please stoke the pyre accordingly we must prepare the fire for the feast of Zach's and Mekhi's and the others.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, jgb said:

You'd rather see Flacco fail than admit to being wrong on the Internet!!! Fake fan!!! Fake fan!

Please with this nonsense.  I don’t want him to fail I want him to win every game he plays.  Has nothing to do with I just want our #2 pick to play and develop.  If you can’t see the difference, sorry

• Upvote 2