Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter

Facts

Just now, Jet Nut said:

What’s with the flip from why is Flacco even on this team?

What’s with the idea that saying what Flacco is as a long term QB have to do with Wilson?  That’s two QBs you used that defense for.  Flacco hasn’t won a game in 3 seasons.  You want me to say he’s good because why?

I want you to say he’s good because he looks good.  Like a pro QB.  It’s nice to have a pro level QB from time to time.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, tfine said:

Yea let’s change coaches every 3-4 years. That’s been working out really well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

LOL

Saleh was supposed to be a fiery, defensive guru who brings the whole team together.

That’s literally why he was hired

If a year after fielding the worst defense in Jets history he again puts a sh*t product on the field, his ass should be blistering.

You don’t stick with an obvious incompetent based off the delusional belief that he may start piecing sh*t together in another few years.

The Jets may not be world beaters against the run this year, but there’s no reason that this defense should be Bottom 5 or even Bottom 10 in the league this season with the amount of FA cash and draft picks that have been invested.

If Saleh needs to tell Jeff Ulbrich “go eat a bag of dicks, I’m taking over the playcalling duties” in order to make that happen, then he needs to make it happen.

Otherwise, he can get lost and Woody should throw the bank at Payton come seasons end.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I want you to say he’s good because he looks good.  Like a pro QB.  It’s nice to have a pro level QB from time to time.  

Except he hasn’t been good.  You can trash a rookie for struggling as a rookie.  With nothing around him but I have to say Flacco’s good?  A pro level QB?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I just thought it was funny I opened a thread and it looked like that. Those guys have been on my list for a long time.

@Bronx used this be on it but I let him off on a probationary period for good behavior.

Lol I'm pretty sure a couple people have me on ignore because they have no sense of humor and don't get that im just ****ing with them and looking to get ****ed with back.

People taking their their opinion, fandom, and honestly life way too seriously. 

The Jets may suck forever and if they do I'm gonna have fun with you ***holes along the way.

Buy the ticket take the ride and when the ride ends don't be the ***hole nobody wants to deal with on the other side.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

LOL
Saleh was supposed to be a fiery, defensive guru who brings the whole team together.
If a year after fielding the worst defense in Jets history he again puts a sh*t product on the field, his ass should be blistering.
You don’t stick with an obvious incompetent based off the delusional belief that he may start piecing sh*t together in another few years.
The Jets may not be world beaters against the run this year, but there’s no reason that this defense should be Bottom 5 or even Bottom 10 in the league this season with the amount of FA cash and draft picks that have been invested.
If Saleh needs to tell Jeff Ulbrich “go eat a bag of dicks, I’m taking over the playcalling duties” in order to make that happen, then he needs to make it happen.
Otherwise, he can get lost and Woody should throw the bank at Payton come seasons end.

You do realize that our talent level on defense was the worst in the NFL right? I mean literally every lvl of our defense was made up of mostly rookies and second year players drafted in like the fourth, fifth or sixth round.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Lol I'm pretty sure a couple people have me on ignore because they have no sense of humor and don't get that im just ****ing with them and looking to get ****ed with back.

^^

This would be a good tagline for a Grinder profile.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

Prepare to be disappointed 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Please with this nonsense.  I don’t want him to fail I want him to win every game he plays.  Has nothing to do with I want our #2 to play and develop.  If you can’t see the difference, sorry

Yes, it does suck when one's fandom is questioned when they are not bullish on a player.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, it does suck when one's fandom is questioned when they are not bullish on a player.

Oh great.  Another University of Delaware fan jumping on the bandwagon.  

Freaking everyone jumping on the Jets bandwagon - like always.  Trying to get on board before the next seasons top 10 draft pick.

14 minutes ago, Facts said:

If that was the only account reporting it then maybe.

It, quite literally, was the only account reporting it at the time.  It was called out by a number of people on the beat, and Dov Kleiman for being an account that makes sh*t up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It, quite literally, was the only account reporting it at the time.  It was called out by a number of people on the beat, and Dov Kleiman for being an account that makes sh*t up.

There are 4 tweets in that original post and 2 of them are directly saying Flacco outplayed Zach and the other 2 infer it.

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Facts said:

There are 4 tweets in that original post and 2 of them are directly saying Flacco outplayed Zach and the other 2 infer it.

1.  I don’t know how many times I’m going to have to tell you that NFLrums is an account that has already been caught as a fraud account before you understand that everything they say is utter bullsh*t.  This goes back before Zach Wilson.  They have been exposed by National writers.  It’s one San Francisco 49ers fan living in Kansas City trying to make money off of engagements on Twitter by aggregating legitimate news or making things up, and then claiming that they, with their “sources” were the first to report something. 

2.  Ah yes, you mean the sarcastic tweet with emojis from “NEPInsider” the Patriots fan, that was supposed to be a joking/poking the bear type reference to the NFLrums tweet that sent Jets fans into a tizzy that morning!!  How could I have been so SILLY?!

3.  The other two tweets are praise from Saleh towards his backup QB, and a literal report of what happened in one portion of one practice.  They don’t infer anything.  If we’re going to start reading heavily into stuff like that, then let’s just talk about how Saleh just said Zach would be the starter, if he’s healthy, week 1?  What can we “infer” from that?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Quinnen Williams is a pro-bowl level DT in the NFL. People around here have been jizzing their pants over Carl Lawson for the last 18 months. And now he’s 100% healthy.

The Jets have also made investments in the likes of JFM, Jermaine Johnson, Jacob Martin, and Michael Clemons along the DL.

C.J. Mosley, despite not being worth the contract, is still a very good MLB. Kwon Alexander can’t stay healthy to save his life, but he’s certainly adept in coverage as a nickel backer in obvious passing situations.

Sauce Gardner is a Top 5 pick who has elite length and athleticism for the CB position on top of the Jets bringing in Reed and having promising young players like Hall, Carter, Echols and Guidry at corner.

Whitehead and Joyner are at the very least an “average” safety duo in the NFL.

If you’re a supposed defensive savant and still can’t field at least a “solid” group with that collection of talent…then of what use are you to me?

There’s no reason that the Jets shouldn’t field a Top 15 defense this year. And if they don’t, then that’s a big reflection on Saleh.

Ok but it seems like you're already convinced the defense is going to be terrible again. Is that because of preseason week 1?

• Haha 1

Quinnen Williams is a pro-bowl level DT in the NFL. People around here have been jizzing their pants over Carl Lawson for the last 18 months. And now he’s 100% healthy.
The Jets have also made investments in the likes of JFM, Jermaine Johnson, Jacob Martin, and Michael Clemons along the DL.
C.J. Mosley, despite not being worth the contract, is still a very good MLB. Kwon Alexander can’t stay healthy to save his life, but he’s certainly adept in coverage as a nickel backer in obvious passing situations.
Sauce Gardner is a Top 5 pick who has elite length and athleticism for the CB position on top of the Jets bringing in Reed and having promising young players like Hall, Carter, Echols and Guidry at corner.
Whitehead and Joyner are at the very least an “average” safety duo in the NFL.
If you’re a supposed defensive savant and still can’t field at least a “solid” group with that collection of talent…then of what use are you to me?
There’s no reason that the Jets shouldn’t field a Top 15 defense this year. And if they don’t, then that’s a big reflection on Saleh.

I agree, but I just don’t agree with blaming Saleh for how bad the defense last year. The backups of the backups were pretty much starting.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ok but it seems like you're already convinced the defense is going to be terrible again. Is that because of preseason week 1?

I’m saying that there’s no reason for the defense to be terrible again.

And if it is, that’s a big reflection on Saleh and his job should in no way be safe.

The whole reason the guy was brought in was because of his defensive prowess and ability to motivate.

This defense has young talent all over the place. And if they still can’t apply pressure, can’t generate turnovers and get run all over…then that is a major issue.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’m saying that there’s no reason for the defense to be terrible again.

And if it is, that’s a big reflection on Saleh and his job should in no way be safe.

The whole reason the guy was brought in was because of his defensive prowess and ability to motivate.

This defense has young talent all over the place. And if they still can’t apply pressure, can’t generate turnovers and get run all over…then that is a major issue.

agreed

Zach Wilson fans complaining about any non-Zach QB only doing well in a short sample is bizarre considering their whole argument rests on Zach having a mediocre game (58%, 234 yards, 1 TD) against an injured Bucs defense in absolute garbage time. 
... your not wrong ... but he did that in his own with only Berrios. ... even whitehead said he was impressed with the kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1