Saleh “torn” on playing starters Monday

22 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I like Saleh a ton, one of the complaints I have is he seems to be indecisive. Even on game day. Another example was last week saying all week Carl Lawson was going to play then last second decided to sit him. I see indecisiveness from him with challenge flags, 4th down to go for it or not to go for it. He truly wants to do the right thing but sometimes just have to make a decision and stick to your gut. 

Or you change your mind over playing a key member of your defense you’ve invested heavily in over playing a totally meaningless preseason because of what your gut says.  Belichick and others didn’t play all their starters.  
I don’t see a problem with his challenges or 4th down decisions.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barton said:

Saleh so far is a bust. He talks a solid motivating type game but I'm not seeing the X's and O's. And just handing the keys to LaFleur to run the office and going "Hey, I'm hands off for the offense. I trust LaFleur" is just Rex Ryan-ish. You are the head coach dude. Both sides are your responsibility. And btw, "your" defense sucks. 

Tex Ryanish and just like every defensive coach ever hired. 
You’re not getting what a HCs responsibilities are, they’re not running running the offense and the defense 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Translation;

Saleh really doesn’t want to play the starters but feels somewhat pressured because it is a nationally televised game.

Despite the presdure I think you start rooks and sit everyone else. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I like Saleh a ton, one of the complaints I have is he seems to be indecisive. Even on game day. Another example was last week saying all week Carl Lawson was going to play then last second decided to sit him. I see indecisiveness from him with challenge flags, 4th down to go for it or not to go for it. He truly wants to do the right thing but sometimes just have to make a decision and stick to your gut. 

Looks like Saleh will get some help with those difficult HC decisions. Hope it's not like Herm Edwards and the clock coach - Dick something?

https://nypost.com/2022/08/20/jets-robert-saleh-must-turn-potential-into-results-in-year-2/

Then, there is Saleh. He spent a portion of the offseason scouting himself. He altered the practice schedule in the hope of limiting injuries. He hired a new situational game management coach to help him with in-game decisions.

53 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

To me this is no brainer. The starters should play first half. Rest them against Giants. You can’t put these guys in bubble wrap and many need the reps and time to gel.

I also kind of find it odd Saleh is hedging like this so late in the week

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34430510/robert-saleh-undecided-playing-new-york-jets-starters-second-preseason-game

Torn is code for no plan.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

It’s clear that the Jets are spooked by the injury problem. It seems to have been a focus in free agency and the draft to find durable players. 

My main problem is I feel they are overcorrecting with sacrificing reps. The real problem I feel like is the training staff. The data is clear that the Jets for several years are among the worst if not the worst team with $ committed to IR. This predates Saleh and has been a constant the last several years. 

They switched out strength and conditioning, so giving them a benefit of the doubt it goes back to me on trainers who have been with the org for decades. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s no doubt that this is a major part of their thinking. I think if Zach was available that the starters would be going without question, but Joe Flacco doesn’t really need preseason reps behind an OL still trying to settle its OT situation. 

Just means Flacco and a new OL take their first reps on opening day makes me nervous 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

So why do you “like a ton” him again??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Traits of a crap NFL HC.....

Nice avatar

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Looks like Saleh will get some help with those difficult HC decisions. Hope it's not like Herm Edwards and the clock coach - Dick something?

https://nypost.com/2022/08/20/jets-robert-saleh-must-turn-potential-into-results-in-year-2/

Then, there is Saleh. He spent a portion of the offseason scouting himself. He altered the practice schedule in the hope of limiting injuries. He hired a new situational game management coach to help him with in-game decisions.

Yeah it’s odd how men who have risen to the top level of their profession haven’t mastered the basics. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, slats said:

There’s no doubt that this is a major part of their thinking. I think if Zach was available that the starters would be going without question, but Joe Flacco doesn’t really need preseason reps behind an OL still trying to settle its OT situation. 

PLAY MIKE F WHITE EVERY PLAY IN FIRST HALF

I have nicked named our HC "Saleh the Salesman" because that is all he is. Saleh could sell a ketchup popsicle to a man in a white suit. He talks and talks and talks but does nothing at all to back it up. Same as the Jet organization for that matter, all they do is tell us how good they are every Summer, yet our season is over before October 10 every single year. If we go 4-13 (or worse) again this season, it's time to go get Sean Payton. Enough of this f*****g around with first time, unproven head coaches who hire their goombahs. I don't care what you have to give him, Johnson can afford it. Bring a legitimate winner to NJ for once and not in a blue uniform as it always has been. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, slats said:

if these guys don't get actual game reps before the season then they arent gonna be in game shape for the season. 

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or you change your mind over playing a key member of your defense you’ve invested heavily in over playing a totally meaningless preseason because of what your gut says.  Belichick and others didn’t play all their starters.  
I don’t see a problem with his challenges or 4th down decisions.  

BB does what he wants to do without telling the media what a tough decision or how torn up he is.   Have a plan for multiple circumstances.  Act like you know WTF you’re doing.   Nobody cares that the HC hormone therapy kicked in a couple of days before a preseason game and he needs to puke up his insecurities at a press conference.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I have nicked named our HC "Saleh the Salesman" because that is all he is. Saleh could sell a ketchup popsicle to a man in a white suit. He talks and talks and talks but does nothing at all to back it up. Same as the Jet organization for that matter, all they do is tell us how good they are every Summer, yet our season is over before October 10 every single year. If we go 4-13 (or worse) again this season, it's time to go get Sean Payton. Enough of this f*****g around with first time, unproven head coaches who hire their goombahs. I don't care what you have to give him, Johnson can afford it. Bring a legitimate winner to NJ for once and not in a blue uniform as it always has been. 

He couldn’t sell me a life jacket if I were drowning. I buy nothing from anyone associated with the Jets until I see results. Been scammed too many times by this team. Never again. Results or GTFO. This is where I have been with this team for a long time now. They literally cannot disappoint me because I expect embarrassing circus failure at ever juncture. If the Jets don’t have a meme-worthy cluster eff performance in a nationally-televised game, I’m pleasantly surprised.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

BB does what he wants to do without telling the media what a tough decision or how torn up he is.   Have a plan for multiple circumstances.  Act like you know WTF you’re doing.   Nobody cares that the HC hormone therapy kicked in a couple of days before a preseason game and he needs to puke up his insecurities at a press conference.  

Any other fiction you want to throw out there?  I don’t give a shlt what a HOF HC does in particular, there’s a whole lot of space between one and a lesser HC, never mind the HOF HC who has won nothing without Brady 

• Haha 1

this is why i like and dislike these joint practices. its good because of the no contact but bad when you just spent 2 days with a team and now, they get to hit you for real. its different from watching tape on a team during the season. you just seen these guys 2 days ago. these lines know how to beat each other and now they get hit hit someone. Belichick figured it out that why he sits everyone.