Saleh “torn” on playing starters Monday

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Any other fiction you want to throw out there?  I don’t give a shlt what a HOF HC does in particular, there’s a whole lot of space between one and a lesser HC, never mind the HOF HC who has won nothing without Brady 

Than why bring it up if you don’t give a sh*t?  I don’t give a sh*t what BB does either.  The point is Saleh gives a sh*t and continues to put out mixed signals and has yet to get material results.  And yes I get that he has a no talent, injured team to work with.  That team still needs a HC that isn’t handicapped by his insecurity.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Than why bring it up if you don’t give a sh*t?  I don’t give a sh*t what BB does either.  The point is Saleh gives a sh*t and continues to put out mixed signals and has yet to get material results.  And yes I get that he has a no talent, injured team to work with.  That team still needs a HC that isn’t handicapped by his insecurity.  

The point is everything we’re talking about someone you somehow think it’s relevant to compare a 1st year HC coaching a team devoid of talent with a HOF HC after the 1st 6 years of his career as if it’s a barometer we should be using.  
Let us know how his “insecurities” are actual insecurities and not some internet psychobabble you’ve picked to describe changing his mind about starting a player who has a history of injuries and missed the entire 2021 season because of a preseason injury.  It’s total nonsense 

Wilson shouldn’t have played, the preseason is meaningless and he was put in a position he shouldn’t have been in.  Now Lawson should have played in that same game.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm old enough to remember January of 2021, when everybody wanted a CEO type head coach who left the Xs and Os to the coordinators.

Thank you.  I have repeatedly said that’s what JD and presumably the owners wanted and what we wanted and what we hired.  A Belichick, Harbaugh, Tomlinson type HC.  
The number of fans who call it Salehs D and because they weren’t good, regardless of the reason, he sucks as a HC is embarrassingly high.  They seem to know nothing about the basics of the team too often

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The point is everything we’re talking about someone you somehow think it’s relevant to compare a 1st year HC coaching a team devoid of talent with a HOF HC after the 1st 6 years of his career as if it’s a barometer we should be using.  
Let us know how his “insecurities” are actual insecurities and not some internet psychobabble you’ve picked to describe changing his mind about starting a player who has a history of injuries and missed the entire 2021 season because of a preseason injury.  It’s total nonsense 

Wilson shouldn’t have played, the preseason is meaningless and he was put in a position he shouldn’t have been in.  Now Lawson should have played in that same game.  

I don't mind him changing his mind.  He doesn't have to make it public.  It makes him look soft and like a tool.  Not like an NFL HC.  Saying he's torn makes him look unprepared and soft.  

Last years team wasn't deviod of talent.  It wasn't a flush NFL team and despite that the roster was badly handeld and the coaches sh*t the bed with Zach's development before they got lucky and he was hurt but not permanetly.  

The thing that seperates NFL teams isn't just talent.  It's coaching.  Good coaches despite the cap and draft picks that work againt them consistently win more than half their games in the NFL.   They also develop talent and adjust to circumstances every day without being torn. 

• Thumb Down 1

My first negative comment on Saleh.  He is the leader of this team...HEAD COACH!  And he's torn whether to play the starters part of the game in a little over 24 hrs from now?  Not a good look to have the HC indecisive, especially with the game tomorrow.  I can see if it was one or two players where a game time decision has to be made...not this.

• Haha 1

There's no way in hell I'd send a single starter out for a single play the entire PS. Not one play. 

With Flacco the potentially week 1 starter, he gets to watch the game with a ball cap too.

There're 50 dudes on the squad we've never heard of before. Let them eat. Give these men who may or may not be cut the very next morning as many snaps as possible to show Saleh/JD what they can do, or in some cases what they cannot do.

I don't mind him changing his mind.  He doesn't have to make it public.  It makes him look soft and like a tool.  Not like an NFL HC.  Saying he's torn makes him look unprepared and soft.  

Last years team wasn't deviod of talent.  It wasn't a flush NFL team and despite that the roster was badly handeld and the coaches sh*t the bed with Zach's development before they got lucky and he was hurt but not permanetly.  
The thing that seperates NFL teams isn't just talent.  It's coaching.  Good coaches despite the cap and draft picks that work againt them consistently win more than half their games in the NFL.   They also develop talent and adjust to circumstances every day without being torn. 

Nah, talent separates NFL teams and the ability for that talent to stay healthy. Jets have had neither for a long time. Just look at the playoffs last year. Look at the roster of every team. Every roster is on the moon talent wise compared to the Jets. Coaching does play a part, but at the end of the day your players need to have the ability to compete with players on other teams. There’s only so much you can out of a player if he does not have the ability. Stephon Diggs vs Brandon Echols. You tell me who wins that matchup 9/10 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

this is why i like and dislike these joint practices. its good because of the no contact but bad when you just spent 2 days with a team and now, they get to hit you for real. its different from watching tape on a team during the season. you just seen these guys 2 days ago. these lines know how to beat each other and now they get hit hit someone. Belichick figured it out that why he sits everyone.

No he doesn't. He played all his 1's.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

this is why i like and dislike these joint practices. its good because of the no contact but bad when you just spent 2 days with a team and now, they get to hit you for real. its different from watching tape on a team during the season. you just seen these guys 2 days ago. these lines know how to beat each other and now they get hit hit someone. Belichick figured it out that why he sits everyone.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I have nicked named our HC "Saleh the Salesman" because that is all he is. Saleh could sell a ketchup popsicle to a man in a white suit. He talks and talks and talks but does nothing at all to back it up. Same as the Jet organization for that matter, all they do is tell us how good they are every Summer, yet our season is over before October 10 every single year. If we go 4-13 (or worse) again this season, it's time to go get Sean Payton. Enough of this f*****g around with first time, unproven head coaches who hire their goombahs. I don't care what you have to give him, Johnson can afford it. Bring a legitimate winner to NJ for once and not in a blue uniform as it always has been. 

Well stated.  I agree.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

My first negative comment on Saleh.  He is the leader of this team...HEAD COACH!  And he's torn whether to play the starters part of the game in a little over 24 hrs from now?  Not a good look to have the HC indecisive, especially with the game tomorrow.  I can see if it was one or two players where a game time decision has to be made...not this.

This is why coaches and players hate talking to the media.  People like you attack them when they are open and truthful.  Every team struggles with these decisions.  It can depend on how they look at practice and how many injuries they are already dealing with.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Hes weighing the advantages of playing time for starters and developing the units vs the risk of an injury.  Hes been consistent with this dilemma for two preseasons when asked about starters playing time in the preseason

Whats so hard to understand about the dilemma

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes weighing the advantages of playing time for starters and developing the units vs the risk of an injury.  Hes been consistent with this dilemma for two preseasons when asked about starters playing time in the preseason

Whats so hard to understand about the dilemma

That it’s Sunday and he hasn’t made a decision 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That it’s Sunday and he hasn’t made a decision 

You know this how. by what he said yesterday?  
Or did he call early this morning?  This is the 1st time you've heard a coaches PC?

You care why?  It changes what exactly?  

Other than just provides something for those who constantly need something to complain about to complain about?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm old enough to remember January of 2021, when everybody wanted a CEO type head coach who left the Xs and Os to the coordinators.

Saleh has me worried for a number of reasons. The glaring one is of course his defense which was gos awful. Then again he didn’t have a lot of talent. Second, I hate “player friendly” coaches, should of learned our lesson from Bowles. The only advantage to me seems to at times be able to snag someone in FA to come play for you. Third, he waffles a lot, you can tell in games and like this situation. Weird insight that he’s like basically admitting it’s how he feels when he wakes up. Like wow. Ok Robert 

• Thumb Down 1

Saleh is an idiot. Either is quite the egregious offense, IMO: for actually not knowing what to do and for divulging his indecisive manner instead of keeping it close to the vest and treating the Jets beat reporters like mushrooms: Keep ‘em in the dark and feed them $hit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Saleh is an idiot. Either is quite the egregious offense, IMO: for actually not knowing what to do and for divulging his indecisive manner instead of keeping it close to the vest and treating the Jets beat reporters like mushrooms: Keep ‘em in the dark and feed them $hit.  

After all the huckstering from ownership and media, tell me any of us expected what Saleh has shown us so far.  This guy is a clown act.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

18 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

I don't want to hear excuses if we struggle in the beginning of the season

Brace yourself. The narratives are trickling out slowest already 

1) Zach didn’t have a full pre season

2) The team is “gelling” 

3) we are “young”

Only a matter of time till we hear 23 is actually when we are supposed to be competitive and 24 is the new magic year 

Just watch

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Brace yourself. The narratives are trickling out slowest already 

1) Zach didn’t have a full pre season

2) The team is “gelling” 

3) we are “young”

Only a matter of time till we hear 23 is actually when we are supposed to be competitive and 24 is the new magic year 

Just watch

I should change my sig to "NY Jets:  The Next Year Bunch".

• Sympathy 1