Saleh “torn” on playing starters Monday

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is why coaches and players hate talking to the media.  People like you attack them when they are open and truthful.  Every team struggles with these decisions.  It can depend on how they look at practice and how many injuries they are already dealing with.  

People like me, huh?  That's funny since that was my first time ever criticizing the coach.  It's a damn preseason game, sit them down or play them and be done with it.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Then, there is Saleh. He spent a portion of the offseason scouting himself. He altered the practice schedule in the hope of limiting injuries. He hired a new situational game management coach to help him with in-game decisions.

Situational game management coach? Good lord! What’s left for him to do? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Situational game management coach? Good lord! What’s left for him to do? 

I don't think Saleh will make it, but this is one of the best things he's done. He saw a weakness and addressed it. The best HCs actually 'do' very little. They have great staffs who advise them and then make decisions. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Rain all day tomorrow and possibly during the game.

Tough decision but I would not fault him in any way if they sat.

I expect tomorrow’s T-storm to be that now annual sudden hurricane monsoon that causes torrential flooding & Millions $$$ in water damage and, sadly, a few casualties. 

I was tempted, but think I may skip attending the game. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think those of us that are planning on going to Monday's game should know whether they are planning on playing the starters.

I will be driving over 4 hours, to sit in the rain, and watch the game .  Yes, it would be fair to say I'd like to know.  However, I was only assuming a series or two anyway.  I will be excited to watch the guys that won't play a major role and won't see on sundays.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hawk said:

I will be driving over 4 hours, to sit in the rain, and watch the game .  Yes, it would be fair to say I'd like to know.  However, I was only assuming a series or two anyway.  I will be excited to watch the guys that won't play a major role and won't see on sundays.

Mainly, I want to see the rookies.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

4 hr drive to a sh*tty preseason game. That's dedication.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ghost420 said:

4 hr drive to a sh*tty preseason game. That's dedication.

My wife got me tickets.  It's not very often you get to watch kids playing for their professional lives.

I am excited to watch the young talent, as I assume there is going to be a fair share of Breece and Clemons and the surprise WRs in Charles and Jackson.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

JWN, is that you?  Btw, he came out of the tent smiling and joking with teammates.  Premature ejaculation.

36 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He's fine walking around the sidelines.

That’s good to hear. Looked like a pretty nasty cut block.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Of course you don’t lol. With all do respect, you’ve never once seen a problem with anything the Jets have ever done. 

Give me  a couple of examples.
With all dues respect, every HC not named Parcells who maybe was too aggressive had no clue how to manage the clock or when to punt, go for it or got 2pt conversions.

Im not seeing the cliche complaints over in game decisions like clock, punting etc.  But do enlighten me over all the examples you have instead of being sarcastic

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barton said:

Saleh so far is a bust. He talks a solid motivating type game but I'm not seeing the X's and O's. And just handing the keys to LaFleur to run the office and going "Hey, I'm hands off for the offense. I trust LaFleur" is just Rex Ryan-ish. You are the head coach dude. Both sides are your responsibility. And btw, "your" defense sucks. 

I don't  100% agree with everything in this post but this defense has been very underwhelming.  I was hoping to see a better showing against the Eagles.