Friendly Reminder from your favorite JetNation poster; NFL Preseason "games" are meaningless garbage!

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know everyone is super duper jazzed about this evenings contest (I could barely sleep!) vs. the Atlanta Flacons and while I'm confident this friendly word of caution will not be read or heard by all and we will still have some ridiculous overreactions either way but I do just want to remind everyone, this "game" is totally meaningless garbage.  This "game" will provide you with zero indications of what to expect in the regular season and will be the least entertaining Football "game" you've ever watched.  These "games" are completely and totally unbearable and make my eyes bleed trying to pay attention.   They're miserably covered, miserably shot, the level of play is atrocious and it's truly a waste of good air time for better fresh programs like Cheers and M.A.S.H reruns. 

So, with that said, have fun tonight boys and girls!  Enjoy watching fringe roster players battle for a roster spot without actually knowing what you're watching or/and what the coaches want to see from those players!  Put on your favorite Jets gear, fire up some good eats, poor you some of your finest spirits, get comfy in your favorite chair and have the remote control ready to flip to something, anything, more interesting!

if Mims catches a pass but runs into the wrong end zone?  maybe coaches bet on game and want him to do that...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know everyone is super duper jazzed about this evenings contest (I could barely sleep!) vs. the Atlanta Flacons and while I'm confident this friendly word of caution will not be read or heard by all and we will still have some ridiculous overreactions either way but I do just want to remind everyone, this "game" is totally meaningless garbage.  This "game" will provide you with zero indications of what to expect in the regular season and will be the least entertaining Football "game" you've ever watched.  These "games" are completely and totally unbearable and make my eyes bleed trying to pay attention.   They're miserably covered, miserably shot, the level of play is atrocious and it's truly a waste of good air time for better fresh programs like Cheers and M.A.S.H reruns. 

So, with that said, have fun tonight boys and girls!  Enjoy watching fringe roster players battle for a roster spot without actually knowing what you're watching or/and what the coaches want to see from those players!  Put on your favorite Jets gear, fire up some good eats, poor you some of your finest spirits, get comfy in your favorite chair and have the remote control ready to flip to something, anything, more interesting!

Yet the ratings are #1 across all networks airing said program......

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

I will enjoy the game for what it is, a chance to root for my team and watch some fringe players battle for roster spots. Vanilla offenses and defenses aside, it’s still football and satisfies my itch no matter how poorly it is played or covered.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Official thread found in forum 

Jet nation etiquette please

According to the times showing for the threads it says that this thread was started 3 minutes prior to your “official” thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just think of it as glorified practice.

It's not meaningless .. just not anything special really either.

It helps guys like Brett Ratliff and Mike White elevate their trade value.

So the players are playing for sonething.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

This preseason game more than most because they’ve already had two days of practice against each other in a controlled environment. I don’t blame Saleh for maybe not playing his starters under conditions where they might get hurt when there’s probably not much left to learn from Atlanta. 

But I’ll be watching. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be watching for the most Jetsy thing to happen. Reports had the Jets running a train on the Falcons in practice to the point where people had to put ice on the excitement. "It's the Falcons they're competing for the #1 pick", "the Jets are doing what they're supposed to do", etc; which is all true but now the Falcons are about to run wild on the Jets and embarrass them during the game. 

There will be mental breakdowns, multiple threads calling for Saleh & Douglas to be fired, all sorts of crap like that. 

wayward pines GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Looks like someone is already trying to throw an asterisk on yet another Mike White 400 yard masterpiece. Despicable. 

Disgusting attempt for laugh emoji's and it worked, shame on all of you, I'm Mike White's biggest fan.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

I will enjoy the game for what it is, a chance to root for my team and watch some fringe players battle for roster spots. Vanilla offenses and defenses aside, it’s still football and satisfies my itch no matter how poorly it is played or covered.

Enjoy it, my friend! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll be watching for the most Jetsy thing to happen. Reports had the Jets running a train on the Falcons in practice to the point where people had to put ice on the excitement. "It's the Falcons they're competing for the #1 pick", "the Jets are doing what they're supposed to do", etc; which is all true but now the Falcons are about to run wild on the Jets and embarrass them during the game. 

There will be mental breakdowns, multiple threads calling for Saleh & Douglas to be fired, all sorts of crap like that. 

wayward pines GIF

I was hoping maybe this thread would educate those but it's wishful thinking that Jets fan can evolve and learn.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peebag said:

I was really expecting something from Jetsrule128.

What, why?   These are his favorite games.  He gets to see all the favorite future practice squad players, he gets to see his roster causalities that he'll update us on when they land somewhere else and potentially see a 4th string kicker who once appeared on a season of Big Brother!

21 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What, why?   These are his favorite games.  He gets to see all the favorite future practice squad players, he gets to see his roster causalities that he'll update us on when they land somewhere else and potentially see a 4th string kicker who once appeared on a season of Big Brother!

but...but...he's my favorite poster.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You told me several times over the summer that you thought Chris Leak would have been a better pro than Zach Wilson. cc: @Jet Nut @FidelioJet

Chris Leak threw for the most passing yards in the history of the Florida Gators.  He was so talented, he led the Florida Gators to a National Title defeating Ohio St. and then met President, George W. Bush.  

Zach Wilson leads BYU in nothing and his signature win was Central Florida and is best known for banging his moms friend.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

In game reps for a young team matter. Not sure where the nothing matters mindset came from but it seems relatively new. 

It matters in the least mattering form of mattering, the scrimmages matter, this, sure, for guys who you wont see in the regular season but otherwise, meaningless.