***Official Jets - Falcons Gameday thread***

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

The ESPN pregame stuff wasn’t super flattering for saleh.   Made him look like a herm-like hype man with no real responsibilities.  No clipboard, no notes, just daps and a bunch of bs. 

He’s a fraud and will be exposed. I was never sold, and it’s only one season, but the evidence thus far makes it rather self-evident he’s not the answer. He just always looks clueless during the game and speechless in post game pressers. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shevys said:

Don’t care, Ones or Twos playing, this is yet again another national TV embarrassment, just a putrid showing. Zero pride being shown.

Fortunately this makes cutting a JAG like Wesco a no-brainer. And I don’t care how vanilla this defense is supposed to be tonight, these guys out there playing clearly have no idea what they’re doing  or where they are supposed to be on the field. I blame Ulbricht, he’s in over his head. Saleh likely as well.

Sad. 

Lmfao.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

The ESPN pregame stuff wasn’t super flattering for saleh.   Made him look like a herm-like hype man with no real responsibilities.  No clipboard, no notes, just daps and a bunch of bs. 

I think that can work if you have star coordinators under you, but Saleh hired his buds. Ulbrich is a hanger-on and LaFleur is like ten years away from being able to lead anyone anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Don’t care, Ones or Twos playing, this is yet again another national TV embarrassment, just a putrid showing. Zero pride being shown.

Fortunately this makes cutting a JAG like Wesco a no-brainer. And I don’t care how vanilla this defense is supposed to be tonight, these guys out there playing clearly have no idea what they’re doing  or where they are supposed to be on the field. I blame Ulbricht, he’s in over his head. Saleh likely as well.
Sad. 

LOL! 70% of the people that care about this game are on this message board.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

I’m def part of the pre-season is meaningless crowd but the falcons wr’s being so open is a bit concerning.    They are college level open just running free through the secondary which you don’t really see in the nfl - even the scrubs. 

Eh.  It was really two guys getting picked on in Bryce Hall and Javelin Guidry.  One is the 4th CB and the other I genuinely didn’t know was still on the team.

1 minute ago, tfine said:

LOL! 70% of the people that care about this game are on this message board.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I imagine it’s like what being in an enclosed circle with other people and passing Around a crack and meth pipe simultaneously.

Except Jets football and the posts of the self-loathing members of this board are substitutes for the crack & meth. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think that can work if you have star coordinators under you, but Saleh hired his buds. Ulbrich is a hanger-on and LaFleur is like ten years away from being able to lead anyone anywhere.

Lafleur showed promise and had decent pedigree coming from the shanahan system. 

Ulbrich, on the other hand looks lost and clueless. If the defense looks as bad this year as last year Ulbrich may not even finish the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

LaFleur is probably holding Mike White back when you really think about it.

You anti-White trolls can have your fun tonight, but he’s been the best Jets QB since that one stretch where Ryan Fitzpatrick was in a contract year, you ingrate turds. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I’m def part of the pre-season is meaningless crowd but the falcons wr’s being so open is a bit concerning.    They are college level open just running free through the secondary which you don’t really see in the nfl - even the scrubs. 

cover 3; weak secondary players; no pass rush - it is too be expected.

Of course, it doesn't mean when the play real football they are going to look good, but remember they have to release 30 players soon - i am thinking at least 8 from each side of the ball are going to be gone...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think Robert Saleh tells guys playing for their job to play with no heart.

Really?  You don’t see the lack of fire on this team as an indictment and reflection of the head coach?

The problem is these guys forth this completely lackluster effort on both sides of the ball and they here Saleh being interviewed saying they “played well”.

Positive vibes only can be the mantra for my son’s 7 year old flag football team, not fora professional head coach.  I wish he would have called a spade a spade when he got interviewed after the 1st quarter and layed into the team’s effort and performance.

Nope…..all we get is “we are playing well” while their backup QB leads another 80 yard drive

• Upvote 1

You anti-White trolls can have your fun tonight, but he’s been the best Jets QB since that one stretch where Ryan Fitzpatrick was in a contract year, you ingrate turds. 

But you said Joe Flacco was the difference, flip flopper

• Haha 2

I think the comparisons between Zach Wilson and Johnny Manziel are totally invalid.

Johnny Manziel was actually good in college

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3