Streveler

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He’s def looking better than Mike White but doubtful Jets will cut White after last year.  Actually Streveler has snaps in the NFL and starts in the CFL. He was known as more of a slash player used more on running downs than as a passer. 

Yes, but he now passed with accuracy even a bit downfield. I do not see from this 3rd string QB battle what White would be showing that he should win that spot. It would be a mistake to not keep Streveler on the 53 man roster. Jets can't just toss good QBs aside with all the issues of injuries and play of the QBs we always have occurring. Streveler showed touch on passes I saw and we just didn't see any 25+ yard passes but those routes were maybe not open. Gotta keep this kid.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Great story and I absolutely think he should be our number 3 QB.  White is extraordinarily limited, and if he didnt have that fluke game vs cincy, there wouldnt be much of a discussion.  Thankfully for White, he also got a great story out of it as throwing for 400 yards in an NFL game is legit - it just doesnt mean you are actually good.

As for Streveler, we have seen this story before when guys light up 4th stringers and he has a very odd motion (similar to Rivers) but he can run, and definitely provides more of a spark then White.  Not sure what else he needs to do to make the roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Strev is fun to watch.  Especially compared to White and Wilson, who look like fawns lost in the woods.

But lets get real here.  Strev likes to take off when his first look isn't open.  In the NFL against a good, crunching regular season defense?  He's going to get hurt.  

Watching White trying to scramble for a first down was agonizing. Streveler certainly tossed his cowboy hat in the ring as the third string QB. But it ends there, 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Every year… JETS fans fall in love with QBs who will never see a snap in the regular season… and if they do it means the season was a tragedy…

I think all we're really talking about is who's going to be the 3rd string QB on the Jets.  I don't think most rational fans expect to find anything more than what that is...

But with Zach's knee  and Flacco being 37 - it's possible this guy may see some time.  

If something happens and you need a guy to come in a win a game or two to keep the season alive - the question is who better to do that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think all we're really talking about is who's going to be the 3rd string QB on the Jets.  I don't think most rational fans expect to find anything more than what that is...

But with Zach's knee  and Flacco being 37 - it's possible this guy may see some time.  

If something happens and you need a guy to come in a win a game or two to keep the season alive - the question is who better to do that?

Sometimes you just need a guy to take the snap from the center.  

36 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Every year… JETS fans fall in love with QBs who will never see a snap in the regular season… and if they do it means the season was a tragedy…

Without fail.....you’d think people would learn their lesson by now ?

All due respect to Strev while he provided some excitement to a few preseason games, I need to see him do it in real time and not against the Walmart workers of the world. He’s not going to get the opportunity to do so...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Perhaps this says something about how truly horrible our ACTUAL starting QB's have been, that we're so deeply invested and passionate about our #3 or even #4 QB's.

All this goes away the second we have a starting QB performing at normal average NFL standards IMO.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously the coaches are privy to a lot more details on players than we are but it's hard to see how Mike White can make the roster for QB3 over Streveler after what we've seen so far. If we even roster a QB3 ...

Steveler is what you want at QB3, something different, someone who can come in and catch a team off guard for a game or two. Mike White had one off the greatest games Ive seen a Jets QB have, perfect storm like shit. Not sure now the league has seen him it will ever happen again and I’m positive it won’t happen every week. Keep Steveler

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Steveler is what you want at QB3, something different, someone who can come in and catch a team off guard for a game or two. Mike White had one off the greatest games Ive seen a Jets QB have, perfect storm like sh*t. Not sure now the league has seen him it will ever happen again and I’m positive it won’t happen every week. Keep Steveler

Streveler reminds me of a young Ryan Fitzpatrick to be honest, gritty, will use his legs, throws seem a little limited. No clue how he would do against legitimate defense but I don't have any expectations.

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

Streveler reminds me of a young Ryan Fitzpatrick to be honest, gritty, will use his legs, throws seem a little limited. No clue how he would do against legitimate defense but I don't have any expectations.

Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad who processed the game at the speed of light. What I saw of Streveler sorta reminded me of Taylor Heinicke. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

QBs who threw for 400+ yards and 3+ TDs last season:

Mahomes

Burrow

Aaron Rodgers 

Dak Prescott

Mike White

#EndOfList

Thats like cherry picking bands when saying who was # 1 on the charts at one time:

the stones

led zep

guns and roses

sy ( gangdem style)

nice try

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

As for Streveler, we have seen this story before when guys light up 4th stringers and he has a very odd motion (similar to Rivers) but he can run, and definitely provides more of a spark then White.  Not sure what else he needs to do to make the roster.

You'd have to be @T0mShane level to not recognize the limpness that takes over the team when White is out there...

• Sympathy 1