Game day experience

Trotter

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

I don’t start many threads so please tolerate me on this one.

in game experience has deteriorated to a point of the jets come across as a minor league org.

if there is an opponent penalty, they now post a video of a garbage truck backing up and the beeping sound to go with it. If that is not bad enough you get a small lyric ( one was walk this way) to go with it

sorry but just stupid.

t shirt gun - just please stop.

joe Nolan - I am willing to donate for vocal cord removal.

flight crew - bring them back. Nothing wrong with admiring a pretty girl while mike white is generating minus yards.

I would recommend going on a cold blustery day and sit next to @nycdanir you want a top notch gameday experience.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

flight crew - bring them back. Nothing wrong with admiring a pretty girl while mike white is generating minus yards.

It's not PC to have pretty girls dance on the sidelines.  However, MNF can have a pretty, blonde sideline reporter because that's a "serious job".

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would recommend going on a cold blustery day and sit next to @nycdanir you want a top notch gameday experience.

Here's the dilemma.  It was freaky cold and windy, so sitting downwind from Crusher made sense from a 'sheltering from the weather' perspective.  But then you have to take the tailgate sausage rolls into account.  

Tough call.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

I don’t start many threads so please tolerate me on this one.

in game experience has deteriorated to a point of the jets come across as a minor league org.

if there is an opponent penalty, they now post a video of a garbage truck backing up and the beeping sound to go with it. If that is not bad enough you get a small lyric ( one was walk this way) to go with it

sorry but just stupid.

t shirt gun - just please stop.

joe Nolan - I am willing to donate for vocal cord removal.

They have lost STHs every year. I’ve been a STH since’09 and The turnover is astounding and most STH don’t last more than 2 years. 

its Simply a bad product in the field and the logistics of getting to the stadium, parking, and exiting with traffic just isn’t worth the hassle when you can watch a clearer image on your phone. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Woody needed to save some money.... no boobs for you

Between him and his brother running the franchise, the Johnsons figured there was enough boobs at the top of the Jets organization that they could cut back on the unexposed boobs since they’re covered and save $$$ on game day expenses. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not PC to have pretty girls dance on the sidelines.  However, MNF can have a pretty, blonde sideline reporter because that's a "serious job".

Has nothing to do with PC. It’s about saving $$$ & payrollsince the gate and tix sales don’t attract @sses in the seats anymore to sufficiently pay the game day operating expenses. 

33 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

They have lost STHs every year. I’ve been a STH since’09 and The turnover is astounding and most STH don’t last more than 2 years. 

its Simply a bad product in the field and the logistics of getting to the stadium, parking, and exiting with traffic just isn’t worth the hassle when you can watch a clearer image on your phone. 

I think the win loss record has more to do with then anything. That place was packed out the early ryan years when we were winning. Unfortunately outside a small blip in 15 the teams been frankly terrible. Wins will change it all

• Haha 1

did they get rid of the flight crew?

I do have to agree with the OP some of the in game stuff is beyond annoying and it has gotten worse over the years

just put a good team on the field  and the rest will take care of itself

during the rex /revis island run the stadium was crazy loud and the stadium was packed

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

the parking is beyond awful and i had  the "Green" pass too-it was supposed to be a perk for the select few that ponied up for big psls then they let everybody have  them if they would pay

security at the stadium is pretty awful too-fight breaks out and security shows up ten minutes later usually an old guy or a woman that is not actually equipped to handle it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wins will change it all

That’s the problem!!

They don’t know how to win and 3 HCs and 3 GMs later in the last 10 years (although JD has built a sound core of talent thus far) indicates that THE LACK OF WINS is the only thing they can’t seem to change and THATS THE ONLY thing that matters.

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the parking is beyond awful and i had  the "Green" pass too-it was supposed to be a perk for the select few that ponied up for big psls then they let everybody have  them if they would pay

security at the stadium is pretty awful too-fight breaks out and security shows up ten minutes later usually an old guy or a woman that is not actually equipped to handle it

Security thing is everywhere in the jets defense that was a Covid thing 

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

did they get rid of the flight crew?

I do have to agree with the OP some of the in game stuff is beyond annoying and it has gotten worse over the years

just put a good team on the field  and the rest will take care of itself

during the rex /revis island run the stadium was crazy loud and the stadium was packed

They did.

Look I get why - don't agree with it but I get it.

For me, winning makes the nonsense more tolerable but some of it is just embarrassing.

Another poster stated that this goes on in every stadium. I can't say as I have not travelled to other stadiums but I really do wonder if they do some of this BS in Green Bay or KC.  

I know there has to be a balance based on your customers - but the majority of what they do (non football related) is just garbage.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...