Game day experience

Trotter

• 10 months later...

Went to the game last night.  Update: no improvements on the obnoxious game day presentation.   I actually exchanged emails with a junior person on the team responsible for putting that stuff together.  She told me no promises anything would change, and she was right.  Still abysmal.  

It’s sad that they go out of their way to make sitting in your seat a miserable time. @Trotter @sirlancemehlot

Anyhow, was good to see @Maxman on his birthday with his sick new rig.  

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Went to the game last night.  Update: no improvements on the obnoxious game day presentation.   I actually exchanged emails with a junior person on the team responsible for putting that stuff together.  She told me no promises anything would change, and she was right.  Still abysmal.  

It’s sad that they go out of their way to make sitting in your seat a miserable time. @Trotter @sirlancemehlot

Two observations

joe nolan was in mid season form.

I get the whole it is 3rd down but it is about as obnoxious as you get.

second how do you make the t shirt gun/toss worse?

you get a Gatling gun to shoot multiple at a time.

hopefully the product on the field makes the rest at least tolerable to the point that we are in a good mood and don’t care

• Haha 1

Just now, Trotter said:

Two observations

joe nolan was in mid season form.

I get the whole it is 3rd down but it is about as obnoxious as you get.

second how do you make the t shirt gun/toss worse?

you get a Gatling gun to shoot multiple at a time.

hopefully the product on the field makes the rest at least tolerable to the point that we are in a good mood and don’t care

Yeah Nolan is so bad. But frankly I’ll live with him if his THIIIRDDD DOWN nonsense doesn’t follow a 150 decibel “mash up” (like it always does)

The cannon is actually cool but yeah, that was some preseason level execution 

• Upvote 2

On 8/23/2022 at 12:31 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

They have lost STHs every year. I’ve been a STH since’09 and The turnover is astounding and most STH don’t last more than 2 years. 

its Simply a bad product in the field and the logistics of getting to the stadium, parking, and exiting with traffic just isn’t worth the hassle when you can watch a clearer image on your phone. 

Stadium is sold out this year with a very significant gain in STH's.  None avail in lower level.  Some mezz still avail.  Dramatic upswing.  We'll see how long it lasts. 

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

pm me her email.  I'll join in the complaining to her.

17 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Cant disagree more. The third down is for a reason, it lets the casual fan know it’s time to start Cheering and gives the players the situational awareness. It’s not always about you by the way. (Like how we don’t show close replays of opposing teams) it’s for the jets benefit. 

Metlife overall is a great stadium, clean, efficient and right off 95. Hard to place a football stadium in nyc for obvious reasons. 

Think the staff at Metlife do a great job and looking forward to another sth year 

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Cant disagree more. The third down is for a reason, it lets the casual fan know it’s time to start Cheering and gives the players the situational awareness. It’s not always about you by the way. (Like how we don’t show close replays of opposing teams) it’s for the jets benefit. 

Metlife overall is a great stadium, clean, efficient and right off 95. Hard to place a football stadium in nyc for obvious reasons. 

Think the staff at Metlife do a great job and looking forward to another sth year 

Thanks for validating everything everyone else has been saying for years here lol. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Kevin I agree with most of the above but can’t go with you on the 3rd down awareness and the players being impacted.

so Monday night jets/bills are tied in the 4th and rodgers is driving. Tv timeout and the jets play dance like Carlton and pan the crowd.

you telling me that is going to get them over the hump and score.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Kevin I agree with most of the above but can’t go with you on the 3rd down awareness and the players being impacted.

so Monday night jets/bills are tied in the 4th and rodgers is driving. Tv timeout and the jets play dance like Carlton and pan the crowd.

you telling me that is going to get them over the hump and score.

What would you like? Akward dead silence? That will get the juices going 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

What would you like? Akward dead silence? That will get the juices going 

My opinion - if the jets are being competitive and it is 3rd or 4th down, you don’t need someone screaming to get the crowd going.

it will happen on its own

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

My opinion - if the jets are being competitive and it is 3rd or 4th down, you don’t need someone screaming to get the crowd going.

Yea totally disagree. This has been conducted in studies on human nature. It’s like going to a library or a club. Your body reacts to your surroundings 

it’s why every team does this 

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea totally disagree. This has been conducted in studies on human nature. It’s like going to a library or a club. Your body reacts to your surroundings 

Does that apply to strip clubs?

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m sure you’re right.  I resist the forceful prodding and am turned off by it, but have to assume it works for the majority.

22 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

I’m sure you’re right.  I resist the forceful prodding and am turned off by it, but have to assume it works for the majority.

It does seem ironic though that of all the posters on this board who bring up human nature studies it is the guy who threatened the gm of a football team

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Via The Athletic

NFL stadium rankings: All 30 NFL venues from best to worst
Jon Machota

Aug 21, 2023

25. MetLife Stadium

Teams: New York Giants, New York Jets

Seating capacity: 82,500

Google review: 4.5 stars

Despite it not being old, 13 ballots had it ranked as one of the five worst stadiums in the league.

“When MetLife was completed in 2010 it cost $1.6 billion,” Jets reporter Zack Rosenblatt wrote. “The money was not particularly well spent. It’s a boring stadium — which is something universally agreed on by both Giants and Jets fans, a rarity — both in look and feel. The food is poor. And it’s always a disaster exiting the stadium, especially for fans — and that gets even worse after concerts. There’s a mall nearby but otherwise it’s not exactly an exciting area, especially as the home base for two teams that are supposed to represent New York City.”

FYI

1. U.S. Bank Stadium

Team: Minnesota Vikings

30. FedEx Field

Team: Washington Commanders

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via The Athletic

NFL stadium rankings: All 30 NFL venues from best to worst
Jon Machota

Aug 21, 2023

25. MetLife Stadium

Teams: New York Giants, New York Jets

Seating capacity: 82,500

Google review: 4.5 stars

Despite it not being old, 13 ballots had it ranked as one of the five worst stadiums in the league.

“When MetLife was completed in 2010 it cost $1.6 billion,” Jets reporter Zack Rosenblatt wrote. “The money was not particularly well spent. It’s a boring stadium — which is something universally agreed on by both Giants and Jets fans, a rarity — both in look and feel. The food is poor. And it’s always a disaster exiting the stadium, especially for fans — and that gets even worse after concerts. There’s a mall nearby but otherwise it’s not exactly an exciting area, especially as the home base for two teams that are supposed to represent New York City.”

FYI

1. U.S. Bank Stadium

Team: Minnesota Vikings

30. FedEx Field

Team: Washington Commanders

I agree with the poor food (even though I tailgate so I don't really care), and the terrible ingress/egress is something I've been crowing about for years.

But really I'd feel less bad about all the things that suck at MetLife if they just made sitting in your seat a less annoying experience.

• Upvote 2

On 8/23/2022 at 6:38 AM, Trotter said:

I don’t start many threads so please tolerate me on this one.

in game experience has deteriorated to a point of the jets come across as a minor league org.

if there is an opponent penalty, they now post a video of a garbage truck backing up and the beeping sound to go with it. If that is not bad enough you get a small lyric ( one was walk this way) to go with it

sorry but just stupid.

t shirt gun - just please stop.

joe Nolan - I am willing to donate for vocal cord removal.

flight crew - bring them back. Nothing wrong with admiring a pretty girl while mike white is generating minus yards.

But is it good enough for a 5-month old?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I agree with the poor food (even though I tailgate so I don't really care), and the terrible ingress/egress is something I've been crowing about for years.

But really I'd feel less bad about all the things that suck at MetLife if they just made sitting in your seat a less annoying experience.

Speaking of which which I wish they would prevent people ( notice I didn't say fans) from getting up during plays to walk in/out the aisle . I sit on an end seat aisle and am constantly telling people trying to get in to wait till the plays over. 

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Speaking of which which I wish they would prevent people ( notice I didn't say fans) from getting up during plays to walk in/out the aisle . I sit on an end seat aisle and am constantly telling people trying to get in to wait till the plays over. 

It is all about them - etiquette is out the window.

I sit in a low row near the goal line. You would think this would never happen but if there is a play within the 20 or so, people will stand up while the ball is about to be snapped and take selfies. 

Another reason why it should be legal to carry and use stun guns.

Can't fix stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Trotter said:

It always has. Whenever the jets were competetive.  '98.  Pennigton's playoffs and season leading up to it.  Loud Crowd for Rex's teams too.  Sack exchange years as well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Dumb question - Last season pre & post game in Metlife parking lot I wasn't able to get cell reception. I have a current iphone & Verizon..Common issue?  A change needed in my settings? 

Disclosure I am not well versed on all these modern gadgets. Just how to turn on & off

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dumb question - Last season pre & post game in Metlife parking lot I wasn't able to get cell reception. I have a current iphone & Verizon..Common issue?  A change needed in my settings? 

Disclosure I am not well versed on all these modern gadgets. Just how to turn on & off

Not just you.  The place is an absolute wasteland of cell service and wifi.  Pretty embarrassing for a place so heavily sponsored by Verizon.

• Upvote 1