I just returned from Boston with good news

Facts

31 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

How?

Dink and Dunkers dont win in the NFL unless youve got a 2000 Ravens defense and run game to carry you.

Mahomes

Burrows

Allen

Rodgers

Herbert

All aim for the fences. 

You left out Brady who has played in like half the SBs this millenium.

We just had a thread on top 5 QBs in NFL history, 4 of the top vote getters were Brady, Brees, Montana, Manning. Only Rodgers has a rocket arm in the top 5.

Arm strength is important in that it must be sufficient. But above that, it’s much less so than other factors, namely: accuracy, decision-making and football processing speed. This is the reality of the explosion of the WCO. Teams worship at the altar of arm strength at the risk of undervaluing the other, more impactful, characteristics.

All things being equal—yes give me the guy with the strong arm. But there are other factors that matter more. This is what I mean that it’s “overrated” (not synonymous with “unimportant”).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Josh Allen seems like more of a 15+ year baller.

I campaigned hard for Allen.

Huge body, smart, rocket arm, crazy athletic, fiery competitor…

Jee, who could have guessed that he woulda turned out good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I campaigned hard for Allen.

Huge body, smart, rocket arm, crazy athletic, fiery competitor…

Jee, who could have guessed that he woulda turned out good.

Well done. You were one of the few. I had them ranked Baker, Darnold, Allen, Lamar, Jamarcus Russel, Josh “The undraftable one” Rosen.

22 hours ago, jgb said:

You left out Brady who has played in like half the SBs this millenium.

We just had a thread on top 5 QBs in NFL history, 4 of the top vote getters were Brady, Brees, Montana, Manning. Only Rodgers has a rocket arm in the top 5.

Arm strength is important in that it must be sufficient. But above that, it’s much less so than other factors, namely: accuracy, decision-making and football processing speed. This is the reality of the explosion of the WCO. Teams worship at the altar of arm strength at the risk of undervaluing the other, more impactful, characteristics.

All things being equal—yes give me the guy with the strong arm. But there are other factors that matter more. This is what I mean that it’s “overrated” (not synonymous with “unimportant”).

Sure there are many other factors for a Franchise QB, but if you dont have an arm youre not among the Elites.

Right now Mac Jones is Chad Pennington.

16 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Sure there are many other factors for a Franchise QB, but if you dont have an arm youre not among the Elites.

Right now Mac Jones is Chad Pennington.

You can be elite without an elite arm. You cannot be elite without an elite football brain. Not anymore with how complex the game is and all the responsibilities put onto FQBs.

Of course the arm needs to be over a threshold of adequacy. But beyond that, brain becomes infinitely more important.

I never said arm strength means nothing. Only that it is overrated. The passionate defense of it as the most important thing a QB can have only solidifies my point.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can be elite without an elite arm. You cannot be elite without an elite football brain. Not anymore with how complex the game is and all the responsibilities put onto FQBs.

Of course the arm needs to be over a threshold of adequacy. But beyond that, brain becomes infinitely more important.

I never said arm strength means nothing. Only that it is overrated. The passionate defense of it as the most important thing a QB can have only solidifies my point.

Who are the Elite QBs who cant throw deep?

Even Jackson can throw deep and he isnt Elite in my book.

30 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Who are the Elite QBs who cant throw deep?

Even Jackson can throw deep and he isnt Elite in my book.

Throwing deep doesn't equal elite arm strength. In the recent top 5 QBs ever poll, the top 6 were Brady, Montana, Manning, Rogers, Marino, Brees. Only 2 of the 6 had what could be called "elite arm strength."

Again, I am not saying arm strength is unimportant, only that after a point of satisfactory strength, it's way overrated in relation to other, largely intangible, characteristics.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jgb said:

Throwing deep doesn't equal elite arm strength. In the recent top 5 QBs ever poll, the top 6 were Brady, Montana, Manning, Rogers, Marino, Brees. Only 2 of the 6 had what could be called "elite arm strength."

Again, I am not saying arm strength is unimportant, only that after a point of satisfactory strength, it's way overrated in relation to other, largely intangible, characteristics.

Throwing deep with velocity. On a rope. The rainbow deep ball isnt going to cut it.

How did Macaroni Jones look last night?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Mac Jones in Mid-Season Form I See ???? - YouTube

You will be sorely disappointed, again. Mac Jones is not going to suddenly forget how to play football. He’s football smart and mentally tough. He will be a starter in this league a long time.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Facts said:

Dear comrades,

I just returned from Boston, home of the once mighty Patriot.

Tho the snow hasn't thus fallen, their spirits are wounded as pre-battle has not gone as they have wished.

Their once mighty offense is without a cannon or ball. Their offensive battle leader has deserted to Nevada.

They have a new field commander named MacDorkal. He looks rather dweeb-like.

Their general is quite old and fat now. His man-boobs lyeth thus on his chest. Yes, more so than usual I assure you.

It twas a sad sight to see, the Bostonians half drunk and muttering about missing their goat.

Fear not comrades, our time is coming and their time is over. 

Until next time,

(insert old fashioned signing stamp thing here)

I just moved here to Boston. I’ll be wearing my George Sauer, Don Maynard, Wayne Chrebet and Joe Namath jerseys proudly! If you don’t hear back from me send out a search party. ? 

6 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I just moved here to Boston. I’ll be wearing my George Sauer, Don Maynard, Wayne Chrebet and Joe Namath jerseys proudly! If you don’t hear back from me send out a search party. ? 

Nice jersey collection. I hope one day we are considered enough of a threat to the Pats for Jets fans to be concerned for their safety in Boston.

• Haha 1

Mac jones is a smart football player that be annoyingly efficient... ala the Patriot way. Also .. our receivers should take note if how they do it in NE... those receivers dont drop accurately placed balls.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk