Boomer Thinks Zach's Performance in First Preseason Game "Troubling"...

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So not mentioning him is now equivalent to the below statement   

I was as disappointed as the next guy in that throw, but it’s one throw - in a pre-season.  

My best guess as to what has happened - Zach’s been talking about trusting his reads and just let it rip, play within the timing of the offense etc.  his read was wrong.  Not exactly inspiring, but it’s my guess as to what happened.  

I don’t care about the INT. He’s a young QB who should throw INTs. Granted, he should throw INTs while trying to make plays down the field, but beggars can’t be choosers. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Boomer Esiason, on his morning show, did not like what he witnessed in Zach's limited play before his injury...

INT on short pass was a repeat of the same problem that Wilson had in his Rookie season...

And on that ill-advised run that he got hurt on: why was he scrambling/running up the field so early in game one of preseason?...

Why not just go down in such a meaningless situation?...

He thinks they were "rookie" mistakes, when we had heard that Wilson had made big strides in the off-season...

The tools are there, the good judgement is not...

88f361a6-672b-4b8d-b568-144f6e9975fe_text.gif

I would just like to ask those who think that Zach Wilson is going to be great: What have you seen that makes you have all this blind faith in Wilson's ability to be an even good quarterback never mind great or a star? What am I missing? I think I've seen one decent quarter of good football from him so far.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Boomer Esiason, on his morning show, did not like what he witnessed in Zach's limited play before his injury...

INT on short pass was a repeat of the same problem that Wilson had in his Rookie season...

And on that ill-advised run that he got hurt on: why was he scrambling/running up the field so early in game one of preseason?...

He thinks they were "rookie" mistakes, when we had heard that Wilson had made big strides in the off-season...

Kinda agree with the int. Not with the run. Dude was trying to make a play preseason or not. It's competitiveness.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Link??

See comments in your post.  You are the spin doctor.  You took an article that was 80-90% positive and extracted all of the out of context bullsh*t to spin your yarn.  Are you and SAR1 the same guy?

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/167684-what-is-you-top-priority-for-2022/?do=findComment&comment=5416001

41 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I would just like to ask those who think that Zach Wilson is going to be great: What have you seen that makes you have all this blind faith in Wilson's ability to be an even good quarterback never mind great or a star? What am I missing? I think I've seen one decent quarter of good football from him so far.

Watch the Tampa game.  Toe to toe with the great TB12 all day.  If the defense could get a stop...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Zach has some nice physical tools but his football acumen is a drooling over bite with a hair lip. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

You can't take much from 5 passes in a preseason game. That being said, when Wilson starts playing again (and he will the minute the staff feels he is ready), we need to start seeing some obviously good football out of him. I try not to mess with the Zach disciples as much as I used to, but at some point Wilson needs to start putting together 4 good quarters of play. Not "he's playing better" or "he had zero picks in his last 4 games". If you pick a QB second in the draft, you are looking for a stud, not Case Keenum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Its hope. You root for a franchise that is a perennial loser so if you're not going to be a fair weather fan and jump ship until brighter days, then you do what you can.. hope. We drafted a super athletic, explosive college athlete that many professionals (with better eyes than us) said he had the makeup of being elite one day. Personal, hearing Chris Simms (who's word on anything else means nothing to me) speaking so glowingly made me hope harder. Also, seeing that #1 overall who went to Jacksonville whos about to be a bust reply 'Wow' when Zach made that epic throw in his pro day also made me hope hard. 

In closing, all we got is hope. Don't ruin it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Jersey color

2 hours ago, GandWFan said:

So when he plays poorly, he is a bum, but when he plays well, he's a blind squirrel.

Haha.  Gotcha.  No agenda here.

Everyone who chooses to share an opinion with others by definition has an agenda. It’s not an indictment to “accuse” someone of having an agenda and it certainly isn’t some cheat code to stifle, much less win, a debate.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

No one should be troubled by a few snaps in pre-season and it should not have changed anyone's opinions -- the sample size was far too small. I am, however, troubled by his 2021 performance.

I’m more troubled by the back to back knee injuries than anything else. Players become injury prone very quickly. 

seemed nervous in the first preseason game with the backup OTs in. Not a major concern to me. I actually think he was settling down and was going to score on the drive he got hurt on. Converted a couple of third downs.  

I also think Wilson will always be somewhat erratic - The key to unlocking his potential is to give him a chance to make more big plays. 

• Upvote 1