Mims requested a Trade

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Great organizations aren't great because they don't fire people. They are great because they hire the right people to begin with.

You are conflating causation with correlation.

Fired multiple super bowl HCs or ****ed around with them enough that they quit... 

So many that it's a running joke... So yes firing them too soon is a problem.... Bowels will be the next

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Fired multiple super bowl HCs or ****ed around with them enough that they quit... 

So many that it's a running joke... So yes firing them too soon is a problem.... Bowels will be the next

That wasn't the point I was responding to. But ok.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great organizations aren't great because they don't fire people. They are great because they hire the right people to begin with.

You are conflating correlation and causation.

This is right.  We have hired poorly forever and THAT is on Woody.  The 4 years he was playing house in London, this team got worse if that's even possible.   Between he and his dumber brother Chris, can you imagine a worse ownership group?  We are amongst the worst 4 teams in the NFL  last 12 years and the kool aid drinkers here who won't admit it, are in fantasy land.  JD's 2022 draft hasn't played a down and they act like JD is a savior.  2020 is a BUST, 2021 hangs on ZW and 2022 we will see.   Saleh looks underwhelming as do some of his coach hires.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you can't build it, buy it. FQBs are switching teams more and more. If BYU busts, we need a 2-prong approach. Play the draft lottery if you feel good about someone, but also bring in a legitimate veteran.

Sounds great but studies have shown that bringing inn VETS works when you have a core of young drafted talent. You MUST have draft capital and we just do not as of 2020.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This is right.  We have hired poorly forever and THAT is on Woody.  The 4 years he was playing house in London, this team got worse if that's even possible.   Between he and his dumber brother Chris, can you imagine a worse ownership group?  We are amongst the worst 4 teams in the NFL  last 12 years and the kool aid drinkers here who won't admit it, are in fantasy land.  JD's 2022 draft hasn't played a down and they act like JD is a savior.  2020 is a BUST, 2021 hangs on ZW and 2022 we will see.   Saleh looks underwhelming as do some of his coach hires.

I have no problem with people drinking the kool aid. It's their pack-like takedown of those who don't that is ridiculous since the evidence is plainly, indisputably on our side.

• Upvote 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Sounds great but studies have shown that bringing inn VETS works when you have a core of young drafted talent. You MUST have draft capital and we just do not as of 2020.  

Listen I just want entertaining football at this point. That starts with a QB that doesn't blow.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No but it shows that the Jets organization doesn't have consistency and they have fired many HCs that have won the superbowl after being on the jets... Hence giving up on them too soon... 

It exactly relates to your point but you do you

My point was that turnover level doesn't predict success; success predicts turnover level.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not true... Chris hired poorly... And Woody kept giving up on coaches too early... That is an issue...

• Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No but it shows that the Jets organization doesn't have consistency and they have fired many HCs that have won the superbowl after being on the jets... Hence giving up on them too soon... 

It exactly relates to your point but you do you

Many? I can think of Pete Carrol. What other Jets HC went on to win a superbowl as a HC elsewhere?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I have no problem with people drinking the kool aid. It's their pack-like takedown of those who don't that is ridiculous since the evidence is plainly, indisputably on our side.

The irony is...

You and your group have no idea you're just as face up in the Kool aid.... it's just a different flavor. 

Your group is just as much pack animals and trying to drag everyone down misery lane with them. 

I know you try to justify your ridiculously too small data sets as "fact" while simultaneously ignoring anything that smells like an NFL standard or trend. 

But in the end... your opinion is no more or less valid than the optimists.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Not true... Chris hired poorly... And Woody kept giving up on coaches too early... That is an issue...

Who has Woody hired that is above average and made a real impact?

Who did he give up on that we should have kept?

REX?   After 2 years REX was toast.   Herm???  Please.   Tanny???

Anyone???  

download.jpg

Just now, southparkcpa said:

I'm not here to educate the masses. :)

Good response.  You get my point.  What team has had real success that has had a string of busts at 1st and 2nd round like we have?

How many years have we been here discussing bust players, coaches and the seemingly disastrous direction of the team in the pre-season?   2022 is just another example of failure instead of success.  SOJ.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many years have we been here discussing bust players, coaches and the seemingly disastrous direction of the team in the pre-season?   2022 is just another example of failure instead of success.  SOJ.

Im not ready to say 2022 is a bust.  BUT we as fans have set the mark at what??? 6-7 wins??  Name ONE organization that is successful that believes 6-7 wins is a success.  The acceptance of less than mediocrity by this fan base is numbing.

Look at all the kool aid drinkers who bought Darnold jerseys, Wilson jerseys before they even through a pass. 

They are just simple passionate fans and they down vote guys like us who see the reality.  We are a bottom 3 team. It's VERY simple.

Woody is the constant.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Post UK Woody is a top owner in this league.  Hes been wonderful and has given Joe and Robert everything they have asked for.  You guys keep living in the past and hammering Pre UK Woody.  He doesnt exist anymore.  

We are lucky to have Post UK Woody as our owner.  

A true businessman would NEVER have turned a 4-5 billion dollar asset over to his unaccomplished brother.

Saleh looks shaky.... JD looks average at best until we turn the corner.

1 hour ago, PorP said:

The irony is...

You and your group have no idea you're just as face up in the Kool aid.... it's just a different flavor. 

Your group is just as much pack animals and trying to drag everyone down misery lane with them. 

I know you try to justify your ridiculously too small data sets as "fact" while simultaneously ignoring anything that smells like an NFL standard or trend. 

But in the end... your opinion is no more or less valid than the optimists.

You couldn't be more wrong because our argument is based on math, statistics, and probability. We do acknowledge there is a chance he could still succeed. After all that's what a probability means. We are playing the odds but get treated like Jet-hating, fake fan troglodytes.

If you think we've expressed an opinion in error -- that he has, unfortunately, an extremely high bust chance, which increased after his rookie year, then make that argument and tell us why you believe that. The amount of data and analysis that supports our position has been documented again and again on here. I've never seen any data whatsoever from the pro camp. Just hope. Which is perfectly fine. Fans are allowed to hope. But let's not call it something else.

42 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm not here to educate the masses. :)

Good response.  You get my point.  What team has had real success that has had a string of busts at 1st and 2nd round like we have?

I just wanted to call bs on the research you were referencing. I’m not arguing the point or subsequent questions.

• Haha 1