P Matt Araiza Released by Bills (8/27) after being accused of rape with an underage girl

12 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

If I've learned anything from these cases its this: wait for the details.

If this is a civil case, it means probable cause for arrest was not found in a criminal investigation.  

Beyond that, wait and see.

There's a criminal case pending whether to submit to a grand jury. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DLJ said:

What a disgusting accusation, and SD state waited 7 months to investigate

When most people ask “ why didn’t you report it to the police” most women don’t because when they do they’re treated as liars as opposed to victims. The school didn’t even care enough to investigate until damn near a year later, when she reported it a day after it happened.

Maybe I misunderstood, but the school is claiming they were told not to do anything by the police since she had reported it to them. In these situations, the police tend not to want private parties to be conducting their own investigation as well. 

Although, many college do drag their feet on these investigations especially with high profile athletes. 

• Upvote 3

This is blowing up right now.  The Bills apparently knew about it before they cut Haack.

They tweeted that they conducted a 'thorough investigation'.  That's going to look really bad by tomorrow as the anecdotal story is piling up to look really bad.  Even if just statutory rape, it's a felony and I saw a tweet (blue check) that he admitted it on a call with her recorded by the police.  But what I'm seeing on Twitter (admittedly not verified) makes it look like it's going to be a lot worse than that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

This is blowing up right now.  The Bills apparently knew about it before they cut Haack.

They tweeted that they conducted a 'thorough investigation'.  That's going to look really bad by tomorrow as the anecdotal story is piling up to look really bad.  Even if just statutory rape, it's a felony and I saw a tweet (blue check) that he admitted it on a call with her recorded by the police.  But what I'm seeing on Twitter (admittedly not verified) makes it look like it's going to be a lot worse than that.

Yup. Per the ESPN article the police were in on the call, he admitted to having sex with her, then may have gotten the sense she was pushing him to admit things and he clammed up.

DDB3066D-4203-4765-A6B8-A307CD15A37B.thumb.jpeg.992549165d9a2e7c04c10cd5baeb06a2.jpeg

No matter what the truth it’s not a good look for the NFL. At best the three college men had a consensual orgy with a high school student. 

At worst….

The NFL does not want this and does not need this. Given the present electrically charged environment out there the woman is to be believed. It has become obvious that he did have sex with her (along with his buddies) - this will not end well unless she fabricated the whole story which is not the case. 

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Thorough investigation = “Did you do it?” “Nah.” “Okay.”