P Matt Araiza Released by Bills (8/27) after being accused of rape with an underage girl

5 hours ago, sackdance said:

Not blaming the girl, at all, but the image associated with "gang raping an underage girl" may or may not match whatever happened - but that guy is already guilty of the very worst in most people's minds. 

The only lesson is to instill enough character into our sons and daughters to live lives that steer away from dangerous behavior.  

Certainly possible.  People are innocent until proven guilty and these events often turn out to have happened a bit differently than described.  But I'll say this... The accusations are the accusations and she filed them under penalty of perjury.  She's underage and if 3 guys had sex with her against her will then that description isn't really far off at all.

Separately, it sounds like Araiza went to Carolina with the team but did not suit up and did not appear on the sideline.  Probably a smart move right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Certainly possible.  People are innocent until proven guilty and these events often turn out to have happened a bit differently than described.  But I'll say this... The accusations are the accusations and she filed them under penalty of perjury.  She's underage and if 3 guys had sex with her against her will then that description isn't really far off at all.

Separately, it sounds like Araiza went to Carolina with the team but did not suit up and did not appear on the sideline.  Probably a smart move right now.

The claims look horrible and I’m under no obligation to consider anyone innocent until proven guilty unless I sit on a jury

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

He has already admitted to at least one crime, having sex with a minor.  He acknowledged that in the recorded call with the victim that the police arranged.  Couple that with her testimony and now pictures of bruises and things on her body, I see almost no way he doesn't get cut... which should be the least of his issues.  He should be fully prosecuted.

Coach Sean McDermott seems to no longer be backing him.  At the presser after the game he wouldn't answer questions about whether he supports Araiza or if he believes Araiza's denial.  I think this dude's days are numbered. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

I sincerely hope that Araiza gets the full justice he deserves - whatever that turns out to be (and he’s looking pretty far from innocent at this point).  However, the thing that I’m most hoping comes of this development is that every guy out there who doesn’t possess the moral compass or basic human empathy to be disgusted by the idea of sexual assault sees what just happened to Araiza and realizes that their dreams can be destroyed if they do something that horrible themselves.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I sincerely hope that Araiza gets the full justice he deserves - whatever that turns out to be (and he’s looking pretty far from innocent at this point).  However, the thing that I’m most hoping comes of this development is that every guy out there who doesn’t possess the moral compass or basic human empathy to be disgusted by the idea of sexual assault sees what just happened to Araiza and realizes that their dreams can be destroyed if they do something that horrible themselves.

Ideally, agreed. Practically, it won’t. They’ll just look to last week and Deshaun Watson as to the reason why not.

As it always does, the end result will hinge on how good the player is at the thing he/she is paid to do.

If this case is the "money grab" that he and his lawyers claimed, then there will now be a whole lot money less to grab as his contract wasn't guaranteed and he loses everything except his signing bonus of around $200k.

What I have read about the allegations is very disturbing. If he is guilty, he should go to jail and obviously never play in the NFL. Rape is a horrific crime that has life-long consequences for the victim. But it is also one of the crimes with the lowest level of conviction, due to the difficulty in proving/disproving consent.

54 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If this case is the "money grab" that he and his lawyers claimed, then there will now be a whole lot money less to grab as his contract wasn't guaranteed and he loses everything except his signing bonus of around $200k.

What I have read about the allegations is very disturbing. If he is guilty, he should go to jail and obviously never play in the NFL. Rape is a horrific crime that has life-long consequences for the victim. But it is also one of the crimes with the lowest level of conviction, due to the difficulty in proving/disproving consent.

True, but he has already admitted to statutory rape during a phone call with the victim that was recorded by police.  That rape conviction seems to already be in the bag at a minimum.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have no idea if Araiza is innocent or guilty but we live in a country where you're supposed to be presumed innocent.

Meanwhile, how many Jet fans on this forum were salivating at the idea of trading for Tyreek Hill, despite there being video of his incident.

Jurrors are suppossed to presume innocent until proven guilty.  There is no such standard on the general public.  FYI if he merely had sex with her while he knew he had an STD and didn't wrap it, he's pretty much a dirtbag.  Sounds like he admitted that on tape.  

On 8/26/2022 at 6:10 AM, neckdemon said:

wow if this is true what pieces of sh*t these guys are. this is what the death penalty should be used for.....people that do things like this

At the very least, I see a sex change operation happening before he goes to prison lol...

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Jurrors are suppossed to presume innocent until proven guilty.  There is no such standard on the general public.  FYI if he merely had sex with her while he knew he had an STD and didn't wrap it, he's pretty much a dirtbag.  Sounds like he admitted that on tape.  

There are MANY dirtbags in the NFL though who haven't lost their jobs.  Btw, how many people on this forum were bitterly disappointed when the Jets just missed out on trading for Tyreek Hill? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There are MANY dirtbags in the NFL though who haven't lost their jobs.  Btw, how many people on this forum were bitterly disappointed when the Jets just missed out on trading for Tyreek Hill? 

What exactly is your point ?   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.  Tyreek Hill is an absolute scvmbag too, yet there were many people on this forum who badly wanted the Jets to acquire him. 

That’s what needed to be said in this situation?

odd hill to die on 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.  Tyreek Hill is an absolute scvmbag too, yet there were many people on this forum who badly wanted the Jets to acquire him. 

What hypocrisy?  If Hill is criminally charged or sued in Court and goes to jail for commiting a felony, I'm all in.  I'm not a big fan of the NFL's policy.  I'm very comfortable with both Hill and Arazia spending time behind bars and lossing a ton of money in a settlement.  The problem in the HIll case is the mother was clearly lying and abusing her son along with Hill.   They both should be prosecuted and if found guilty of child abuse do time.

The BIlls think there's enough smoke to get out from under now.  Probably a very good move.   

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

What hypocrisy?  If Hill is criminally charged or sued in Court and goes to jail for commiting a felony, I'm all in.  I'm not a big fan of the NFL's policy.  I'm very comfortable with both Hill and Arazia spending time behind bars and lossing a ton of money in a settlement.  The problem in the HIll case is the mother was clearly lying and abusing her son along with Hill.   They both should be prosecuted and if found guilty of child abuse do time.

The BIlls think there's enough smoke to get out from under now.  Probably a very good move.   

There are people who want to convict Araiza before trial though.  When that's brought up, we get arguments like "but he's a dirtbag anyway".  But how many people on here who think Araiza is "a dirtbag that should be banished from the NFL" but, yet, were upset when the Jets didn't get Tyreek Hill. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There are people who want to convict Araiza before trial though.  When that's brought up, we get arguments like "but he's a dirtbag anyway".  But how many people on here who think Araiza is "a dirtbag that should be banished from the NFL" but, yet, were upset when the Jets didn't get Tyreek Hill. 

I don't think he should be banned from the NFL, I think he should be in jail.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the accusations are true then I agree with you.  

We have laws for these stuff.  The NFL is not the arbitor of the law.  The real shame is if you have money and fame there's not a lot of equality under the law.  The flip side of that if you don't have either the law can run you over even if your innocent.  

Just now, Biggs said:

We have laws for these stuff.  The NFL is not the arbitor of the law.  The real shame is if you have money and fame there's not a lot of equality under the law.  The flip side of that if you don't have either the law can run you over even if your innocent.  

If Araiza played QB and looked like a superstar, you know it would be a different story.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

True, but he has already admitted to statutory rape during a phone call with the victim that was recorded by police.  That rape conviction seems to already be in the bag at a minimum.

I still really would like to know why he  wasn’t arrested immediately , if he admitted to rape?  Is there more to this story? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

People pick and choose what they want to virtue signal over....all of a sudden everyone's an expert on the Matt Arieza rape case. 

What's real simple is he can face up to 20 years and a life time sex offender registration. If he did this I hope he gets the full sentence destroying him and his NFL career. Let's stop and think of the damage done to this girl who will carry this with her the rest of her life and in that case so should he. Obviously this can all change in court and the sentences will vary 

• Upvote 1