Report: Panthers Interested in Dealing for Jets’ Mims

14 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not hating on Denzel as by all accounts he worked hard in the off season and I really thought he has the talent to be Al Toon lite but dam between the drops the inability to line up correctly and some dumb play on special teams just don’t think he can cut it with the system LaFleur runs I would be happy if the Jets got a couple of cans of Play Dough for him

Don’t think the Jets can get a third round pick for Mims but hey JD got a fifth for Cashman so you never know 

You never know until you try, but I hear you, and you aren't wrong. However, a sucker is born every second, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, being honest doesn't mean you're hating on him.  "Hating/hater" is a term generally used to escape critique or when feeling jealous neither of which is involved in your statement. 

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Panthers treat unwanted former Jets players like pokemon.  Gotta catch em all!  @Nolder

• Sam Darnold
  • Robbie Anderson
  • Frankie Luvu
  • Juston Burris
  • Trenton Cannon
  • Pat Elflein
  • Julian Stanford
  • Lac Edwards
  • Andre Roberts
  • Denzel Mims???

David Clowney...

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Panthers treat unwanted former Jets players like pokemon.  Gotta catch em all!  @Nolder

• Sam Darnold
  • Robbie Anderson
  • Frankie Luvu
  • Juston Burris
  • Trenton Cannon
  • Pat Elflein
  • Julian Stanford
  • Lac Edwards
  • Andre Roberts
  • Denzel Mims???

Man I'd be so f'ing pissed if I was a Panthers fan. Of all teams to decide to scoop up the trash from they chose the Jets who haven't seen the post season in a decade.

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Anyone remember when half this board had a hard on for Matt Rhule..... 

a47.jpg.2cea27c645aa7febb04670ad97480338.jpg

Not having a QB makes or breaks a lot of these guys. Look at John McCarthy with the Packers- I think he’s a terrible coach but he had Aaron Rodgers. I think Rhule would’ve been ok had he had a QB.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

All I heard from this offseason is how hard Mims is working; came into camp in his best shape ever; even working hard in ST. He isn't moping or pouting. He is being honest with himself and trying to save his career. Between history, a couple bad years and that fact that he was drafted for a. different HC/offense, he has little chance of getting much if any playing time here. Without playing time he will not get better and will not have a career when his 4 years are over.

I realize that there is a ton of hate for this kid. But these guys do not get to pick where they go; they have no real negotiating power and they are locked for 4 years. He could have pouted, but he worked his butt off both prior to and during TC. Why shouldn't he ask to be moved to a team where he has a better shot? The system is rigged against these types of players and he politely and apparently respectfully requested a change of scenery. I think more people should consider this kid, yes he is still in his 20s, is just asking for a chance for a better career. I choose to pick a more compassionate approach.

Great take but you don't have to be compassionate to understand that treating players who don't fit the right way is good for business.  Players that fit the system are watching.  

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Anyone remember when half this board had a hard on for Matt Rhule.....

His record through 2 seasons, 10-23 (5-11 and 5-12).

Adam Gase's record here, 9-23.

Robert Saleh's record here, 4-13.

Just looking at that, it's pretty hard to say we did much better, or should be gloating about not wanting Rhule.

Both franchises pretty much look like poop the last few years.

Difference is, Carolina is likely to compete this year with Baker at QB, moving on quickly from their Sam mistake.

Will we compete as well or better than Carolina this year?  I hope we do, we certainly have the talent now.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Denzel Mims is not a malcontent by any means. Seems like a good kid who made some mistakes during the regime change (thinking he had arrived) . I don't blame hime for wanting a new start on a team that might be a better fit, and his agent is doing his best. All reports say Mims is trying hard.

This is NOT a Jamal Adams situation.

It definitely isn't Adams was a good NFL football player

I really would not understand if JD gets offered a 6th round pick for Mims, him not taking it.

I know JD doesn't want to trade Mims for pennies on the dollar, but to me, Mims is only worth pennies, until he can prove otherwise.

I could see JD not wanting to trade Mims for a 7th round pick, but not much more than that.  

Even the Panthers aren't stupid enough to part with a 5th round pick for Mims. 

4 hours ago, Green Truth said:

This team is average at best, these prima-donna's do not get to dictate terms, he is under contract and that's, that. Be a professional. They will carry 6 receivers and 5 will be active every week.  Denzel will be on the outside looking in and The Jets can destroy any credibility he still has with the league.  Bam looks average, kick-off returns against scrubs mean nothing in pre-season.  They will carry 4 TE's and Cager will make it.

Ask your boss to be traded to another group and you will be on the unemployment line, if they do not bow down to your terms.

If he was a professional, he would just do the job asked and shut up.

As a player, you only get one shot.  If he doesn’t think the offense fits him and the coaching staff is not giving him a shot, he HAS to ask for a trade.  He can’t just restart the game if it doesn’t go well.  

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Great take but you don't have to be compassionate to understand that treating players who don't fit the right way is good for business.  Players that fit the system are watching.  

Yes. Treat the players right is good business. And, I don't hate on the Jets for the way he was treated either. Football is a business. He was drafted for a certain role and that role has changed and he failed to. make the best of the chances he was given. The system, however, is rigged for the owners/teams - it is the way it is. I don't expect the jets to act any differently.

It just seems that fans that root against him because he took up a draft pick, etc. it isn't his fault. He didn't kill anyone or assault anyone. He didn't pan out. Instead of pouting he worked his butt off all off-season, and it is clear he isn't getting any real playing time. So, he asked to be traded where he can try and find a better situation.

The fan reaction was - he is pouting, whining, the nerve of him; that is the compassion I was talking about.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I really would not understand if JD gets offered a 6th round pick for Mims, him not taking it.

I know JD doesn't want to trade Mims for pennies on the dollar, but to me, Mims is only worth pennies, until he can prove otherwise.

I could see JD not wanting to trade Mims for a 7th round pick, but not much more than that.  

Even the Panthers aren't stupid enough to part with a 5th round pick for Mims. 

JD cannot take less than value or he will never be offered it again.

It's about future trades and he's already set a precedent. 

• Sympathy 1