Wed Aug 31st is a big day for zach wilson

This is the day I believe he has to be back on the field in order to be ready to play on sept 11th.  Now he doesnt have to be full go on that day, but he needs to be taking dropbacks, throwing passes etc.  Lets call it a light workout.

A few days of that and that gets us to Monday of game week.  If he can fully participate that week and has no setbacks, he should be a full go for week 1.

August 31st is a big day jet fans?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

I don't want two straight seasons of throwing zach into week 1 when he probably shouldn't. I'm fine with week 3 or 4. Ravens might be a hard one to win but the Browns game should be pretty easy given their QB1 is suspended. I see no need to rush Zach in given they think he improves their chances of winning over Flacco's

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

I don't want two straight seasons of throwing zach into week 1 when he probably shouldn't. I'm fine with week 3 or 4. Ravens might be a hard one to win but the Browns game should be pretty easy given their QB1 is suspended. I see no need to rush Zach in given they think he improves their chances of winning over Flacco's

Yeah, no game is “pretty easy” to win for the Jets. Good grief 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think at this point I'd be upset if Zach started week 1.  Let him take as much time as he needs (as long as it's not a Becton timetable) until he's healthy.   I'm thinking Zach will be back week 3 or 4 and I'm perfectly okay with that.  And I won't even expect much of Zach when he first comes back.  I'll give him a couple of weeks to get his bearings before he (hopefully) starts kicking it in gear.  So much about the direction of this franchise depends on him so they'd better handle this situation well.  The one silver lining if Zach misses a few weeks of regular season is that the OL will have a chance to work together a few weeks before he gets in there.  

sheeeet, you beat me to it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the day I believe he has to be back on the field in order to be ready to play on sept 11th.  Now he doesnt have to be full go on that day, but he needs to be taking dropbacks, throwing passes etc.  Lets call it a light workout.

A few days of that and that gets us to Monday of game week.  If he can fully participate that week and has no setbacks, he should be a full go for week 1.

Why do you hate Joe Flacco?

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok, there is no need to rush him back, have we not learned anything. Too many factors to list as why he should not start week 1. 

If he is a full go in practice game week, he can play w/ no restrictions and the drs clear him, thats not rushing him.back.  That right on the timeline of a 2-4 week injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I thought it was National MILF day

Ok, @jgb beat me on this one

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If he is a full go in practice game week, he can play w/ no restrictions and the drs clear him, thats not rushing him.back.  That right on the timeline of a 2-4 week injury.

Why play him when he hasn’t practiced and got reps with with an O-line that is still coming together it would be a disservice to him and the team. I am in the don’t rush him until he is ready and by that I mean physically, mentally, and game speed ready. He hasn’t had much of an off season to just throw him out there and expect him to be successful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Meniscus surgery is "small" but its also not. I've done it and then some. His leg is still swollen and he is still wincing when he shifts a tad bit when taking a piss. He won't be here week 1 and if he is he will be a shell of himself. 

• Upvote 2

Wilson is young, his mobility in and out of the pocket is going to be important given his play style, and it sounds like there’s not a significant gap between him and Flacco right now. This isn’t Brady who’s a statue, old, and the difference between Tampa winning and losing with an injury.

Wilson should come back after he’s established the knee is steady and feels good for a week or two, and behind what looks like a competent and cohesive offensive line.

If that’s week one, great. If that’s week five, great. It’d be great to get him reps but risk/reward wise and where he is in his development it’s not worth risking further injury or trying to have him develop on the field while he’s thinking about the knee.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

He should play the first week his knee is fully stable and he's had enough practice time. The opponent is irrelevant.  If he is ready physically and has enough time to prepare for week 1, he should play.  If not, aim for week 2 and so on.  The only reason to hold him out is if he is not close to 100% and has not had a week of practice.  He's beyond clipboard holding time in terms of his development.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2