Wed Aug 31st is a big day for zach wilson

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He should play the first week his knee is fully stable and he's had enough practice time. The opponent is irrelevant.  If he is ready physically and has enough time to prepare for week 1, he should play.  If not, aim for week 2 and so on.  The only reason to hold him out is if he is not close to 100% and has not had a week of practice.  He's beyond clipboard holding time in terms of his development.  

Soooo week 12? Cool.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

JD whiffed badly on Sack Wilson 

feeding him to the ravens with a bum knee and missing a lot of camp would be mean. 

id like to see him sit at least 2 games 

Your post makes absolutely no sense.  What does JD whiffing on Wilson have to do with when he plays. He either plays every game when he is healthy or  the Jets decide he is a bust and he does not play at all.  What does sitting an arbitrary 2 games do for him or the Jets.   It's too early to determine he's a. bust.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Your post makes absolutely no sense.  What does JD whiffing on Wilson have to do with when he plays. He either plays every game when he is healthy or  the Jets decide he is a bust and he does not play at all.  What does sitting an arbitrary 2 games do for him or the Jets.   It's too early to determine he's a. bust.  

Notice the man skipped lines, denoting a new thought and/or topic.

2 games isn't arbitrary when it comes to knee surgery. 

Trending is a real concept.

Watch Chris Strevelar run around and play.  Watch Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, and Josh Allen.  

Zach Wilson ended up with knee surgery from a non-contact injury incurred executing a simple, football move-a scramble and run forward.  We passed on Mac Jones because he was not mobile-but how mobile is Zach if he can’t do that?   

When he comes back he should be programmed to play like Tom Brady-not Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson.  I see no reason for Zach to play the AFC North.  Let’s see how he plays when he is completely, completely healed. I think that is late September.  

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If he is a full go in practice game week, he can play w/ no restrictions and the drs clear him, thats not rushing him.back.  That right on the timeline of a 2-4 week injury.

one week of practice? who is he Aaron Rodgers. no hes a kid who struggled last year and missed all of the preseason. even if he is completely healthy and can-do backflips he needs to work on his game. and apparently after his only action this preseason Zach needs the work.

and Joe you better prepare yourself for Zach to sit for a while. if Flacco plays good against the Ravens then he will start week 2.and if he does good he will continue to start until he doesnt.

need proof? look at last year with White. he had that great game against the Bengals. then gets injured the next week. the next time White could play was against Buffalo. there was no way Saleh could not start him then. then White bombed and gave Saleh the excuse to switch to Zach. if White played better against the Bills Zach might still be on the bench. Saleh will play the hot hand.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the day I believe he has to be back on the field in order to be ready to play on sept 11th.  Now he doesnt have to be full go on that day, but he needs to be taking dropbacks, throwing passes etc.  Lets call it a light workout.

A few days of that and that gets us to Monday of game week.  If he can fully participate that week and has no setbacks, he should be a full go for week 1.

August 31st is a big day jet fans?

He was still seen with a limp like 2 days ago. Dude ain't playing to week 3 the earliest.

• Sympathy 1

A few things:

1- if he starts practicing on Wed, hes only missed 2 weeks of camp.  Some are acting like hes been out 2 months and missed thousands of reps.

2- playing week 1 and rushing him back are 2 different things.  No one wants him rushed back.  If he starts practicing on the 31st and is full go practicing game week and the drs clear him, hes ready to go.  Thats not rushing him back cause hes ready.

3- the “ cant put him out there vs the ravens” guys are not making sense.  The ravens def is the easiest def we will play until Nov 27th vs the bears.  The ravens is the best def for him to face 1st as they are the worst on our schedule until Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A few things:

1- if he starts practicing on Wed, hes only missed 2 weeks of camp.  Some are acting like hes been out 2 months and missed thousands of reps.

2- playing week 1 and rushing him back are 2 different things.  No one wants him rushed back.  If he starts practicing on the 31st and is full go practicing game week and the drs clear him, hes ready to go.  Thats not rushing him back cause hes ready.

3- the “ cant put him out there vs the ravens” guys are not making sense.  The ravens def is the easiest def we will play until Nov 27th vs the bears.  The ravens is the best def for him to face 1st as they are the worst on our schedule until Thanksgiving.

Your optimism is to be acknowledged and I mean that in a positive way, but there is simply no chance he plays week 1.

if he ever did, then this coaching staff is not going to be around very long.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

one week of practice? who is he Aaron Rodgers. no hes a kid who struggled last year and missed all of the preseason. even if he is completely healthy and can-do backflips he needs to work on his game. and apparently after his only action this preseason Zach needs the work.

and Joe you better prepare yourself for Zach to sit for a while. if Flacco plays good against the Ravens then he will start week 2.and if he does good he will continue to start until he doesnt.

need proof? look at last year with White. he had that great game against the Bengals. then gets injured the next week. the next time White could play was against Buffalo. there was no way Saleh could not start him then. then White bombed and gave Saleh the excuse to switch to Zach. if White played better against the Bills Zach might still be on the bench. Saleh will play the hot hand.

Great post.  We have actually seen something like this before when Zach was hurt last year, saleh did the right thing, let everything with Mike White play out and it did in a way to put zach back into the lineup "organically".

This whole situation does not need to be one or the other.  Both "flacco should start at minimum week 1" and "we need to evaluate ZW this season" can both be true and they are.  There is zero chance that the smartest decision is to have zach start against the ravens with 1 week of practice.  We have a competent backup who will have had a month of work with the first team and who should absolutely start against the ravens.

After that game, each week saleh will evaluate Zach's health and practice time along with flacco's performance and make a decision.  If flacco is 4-0 zach isnt playing, thats just how this works, that is highly unlikely but if it happens, zach isnt playing.  But most likely there will be a point in the first 5 weeks where the timing is right for zach to step in and hopefully show the organization he can be the guy.  

• Sympathy 1

i blame Saleh and his coaches for this mess.  They should have brought in Flacco or one of the other 5 or 10 veteran QBs looking for a job last year and sit Zack.  Work out all the kinks and wait until about game 8 when the whole world would have been clamoring for Zach and they were out of playoffs hope already.  Then it would have been a lot less pressure for the kid, they would not have damaged both his confidence and his knee. They were arrogant and thought they could just change everything, concepts, scheme, players on both sides of the ball and then throw a rookie QB behind the plate so to speak to thoroughly get his ass beat, broken even.  Salah and his "all players are the same player A and player B...." bullsh*t , i mean come on WTF.  This was all arrogance and huge coaching rookie mistake that could have already derailed the whole program and jeopardizes their own future here.  Hopefully the players they chose in last 2 drafts and FA can rise above their decision makers and just make plays using their god given talent and erase the last 12 months.

but I agree Zach should sit until they figure out which running plays will work and which will not - it is not just about the OL gelling and hopefully they can find some success on defense too.  Once Zach goes in the rest of the team should carry Zach like Saleh promised him so we can finally see if he can be a QB.

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the day I believe he has to be back on the field in order to be ready to play on sept 11th.  

Per you he was 100 % out for the year with an ACL tear.  Thus, I stopped paying attention to this story and have no clue what you're talking about.  Do you mean Sep 11, 2023?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Great post.  We have actually seen something like this before when Zach was hurt last year, saleh did the right thing, let everything with Mike White play out and it did in a way to put zach back into the lineup "organically".

This whole situation does not need to be one or the other.  Both "flacco should start at minimum week 1" and "we need to evaluate ZW this season" can both be true and they are.  There is zero chance that the smartest decision is to have zach start against the ravens with 1 week of practice.  We have a competent backup who will have had a month of work with the first team and who should absolutely start against the ravens.

After that game, each week saleh will evaluate Zach's health and practice time along with flacco's performance and make a decision.  If flacco is 4-0 zach isnt playing, thats just how this works, that is highly unlikely but if it happens, zach isnt playing.  But most likely there will be a point in the first 5 weeks where the timing is right for zach to step in and hopefully show the organization he can be the guy.  

and im ok with running the table with Flacco all season if he plays well. if he is 4-0 or 3-1 you let Flacco play until he gets to 500 or under. Zach is under contract for 2 more years so if Flacco is playing well we have plenty of time to see what he is. 

reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the movie "Major League" when Jake Taylor is talking to Roger Dorn about tanking on that ground ball...

Jake Taylor: Ya know Dorn, I liked you so much better when you were just a ballplayer. If you wanna be an interior decorator now that's none of my business. But some of us still need this team. Now you listen to me! This is my last shot at a winner and for some of the younger guys it could be their only shot. I don't know what happened to you. But if you ever, ever tank another play like you did today, I'm gonna cut your nuts off and stuff em down your ****in throat!

the bold says it all. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Per you he was 100 % out for the year with an ACL tear.  Thus, I stopped paying attention to this story and have no clue what you're talking about.  Do you mean Sep 11, 2023?

Thank you, Dr. Andrews, thank you.

• Haha 2