Wed Aug 31st is a big day for zach wilson

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

No practice reports today?  Today was a big day in regards to Zach's chances at playing on Sept 11th.  If he was out there getting a light work out in, maybe throwing a pass or 2, how would we know.

Not good, bob.  The other factor is, Saleh said if Wilson cant practice, he cant play.  So I'd say we're looking at a 95% chance Flacco is going to be starting this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Not good, bob.  The other factor is, Saleh said if Wilson cant practice, he cant play.  So I'd say we're looking at a 95% chance Flacco is going to be starting this season.

Are you saying I still have a chance to see the Zack man week UNO ????  

Oh boy!!!!!!

Oh boy!!!!!

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No practice reports today?  Today was a big day in regards to Zach's chances at playing on Sept 11th.  If he was out there getting a light work out in, maybe throwing a pass or 2, how would we know.

You sir are swinging and missing so regularly that you may get dropped to the minors. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just curious, but why does everyone think Zach needs to be practicing right now? When coaches say "full week of practice", I usually interpret that to be 1-2 days in training/rehab/film and 3 days of "FULL" participation on the practice field. Typically, teams perform on-field practice from Wednesday to Friday. The schedule may be different for week 1 since they have extra time to prepare, but I would think that the time to declare Zach out would be if he doesn't put in a full practice next Wednesday. 

Either way, I think Zach will be out week 1 due to an abundance of caution, but I anticipate him returning week 2. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Just curious, but why does everyone think Zach needs to be practicing right now? When coaches say "full week of practice", I usually interpret that to be 1-2 days in training/rehab/film and 3 days of "FULL" participation on the practice field. Typically, teams perform on-field practice from Wednesday to Friday. The schedule may be different for week 1 since they have extra time to prepare, but I would think that the time to declare Zach out would be if he doesn't put in a full practice next Wednesday. 

Either way, I think Zach will be out week 1 due to an abundance of caution, but I anticipate him returning week 2. 

I don't think it's different from week 1.

What you wrote is pretty much what Saleh said in his interview today. 

Plus I think Fri/Sat/Sun are league mandatory off days for players this week. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:41 AM, Greg555 said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I’m ok with Saleh going with Flacco week 1.

and week 2, 3, 4, 5... and until he realizes he's not playing in the college ranks.  we dont need a hero.  just be effective and take what they give

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

and week 2, 3, 4, 5... and until he realizes he's not playing in the college ranks.  we dont need a hero.  just be effective and take what they give

If you don't need a hero...

Tell the rest of the team to do its damn job....

Cause taking what is given only works when you're competetive.

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So where do we stand @Joe W. Namath?  Out for the season?  Starting Week 2?  What's up?

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

At this point, I am leaning towards week 2.  With that being said, we are not getting any news about what is going on during practice.  Is Zach out there lightly jogging, throwing passes on the sideline?  Is so, I will still hold out that he is playing week 1.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At this point, I am leaning towards week 2.  With that being said, we are not getting any news about what is going on during practice.  Is Zach out there lightly jogging, throwing passes on the sideline?  Is so, I will still hold out that he is playing week 1.

John Harbaugh was spotted driving in Florham Park today.

Driving Ace Ventura GIF

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is why you're the most trusted source on JN, Joe

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1