<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, WhartonJet said:

Zach is just sitting by himself in a suite.  I thought he was with the offensive coaching staff.  Not a good look

We don't know what the CS wanted... it isn't any kind of look without knowing anything...

Sheesh....

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mimsy has been great today.  Give us a 1st or 2nd round pick or he stays a jet.

Stop it.  No way any sentient being is giving us a 1st or 2nd for Mims.  I would personally drive Mims to any team's facility who offered us a 4th or 5th.  I'd even make us a nice box lunch, with various desserts and beverages.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, K Clue said:

I’d like to see Streveler used in a Taysom Hill type of role

He would also be activated in case they need a Qb to play regular role. I could also see him being used on special teams. Chances are if him or White cut they’d be picked up. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Couldn’t tune in until 2nd half. Anybody sack anybody? 

Yup.  QW got a sack on the opening drive.  1st team D generated a lot of heat.  Clemons nearly killed Tyrod Taylor, but he got the ball away before the hit.  Taylor did not return.

Clemons looks to be legit.

• Upvote 4

Just now, PorP said:

We don't know what the CS wanted... it isn't any kind of look without knowing anything...

Sheesh....

Disagree.  If he’s not going to be on the sidelines with his teammates, he should be in the booth with the offensive coaching staff to get a sense of the play calling.  Having him sit all by himself in a suite is a wasted opportunity 

• Upvote 2

Just now, WhartonJet said:

Disagree.  If he’s not going to be on the sidelines with his teammates, he should be in the booth with the offensive coaching staff to get a sense of the play calling.  Having him sit all by himself in a suite is a wasted opportunity 

no not for this game - they would be talking about who to keep to to cut

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Zach is just sitting by himself in a suite.  I thought he was with the offensive coaching staff.  Not a good look

Again, you usually see this so the QB can see the top down view and see everything unfold, unlike the sideline.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If Zach is a 5th year QB and isn't a better QB than what Mike White is now I will surely agree with you....

Let me be very clear - Zach has yet to prove he can become a good QB (I nor anyone is arguing that) but he has the natural skill-set required to be a good one, so giving him time to grow has major upside if it works out.. -

Unfortunately Mike White doesn't have that skill-set - doesn't carry the big upside.  Playing a middling talent because he had a good game once isn't a smart strategy.   Mike White didn't take a 3rd string job because he had options.  The league knows what he is - he's been around long enough.

Lastly, - I like Mike White, think he's a good kid, works hard, team player - had that truly special game I loved...and wish he did have that upside and give me reason for hope - but just accepting reality.

what skill set would you be talking about ?? Really explain . Dont just say it prove it what skill set does he not have ?>

Let me give 27 cuts after the 3rd qtr

• QB Streveler
  • RB Knight, Johnson, Bawden, Perine
  • TE Cager Yeboah
  • WR Jackson, Charles Black Jackson Smith
  • OL Glaser Hermanns Piersbacher McDermott
  • DL Curry, Smart, Zuniga, Rankins???
  • LB Nasilrideen, Phillips, Thomas
  • CB Dunn, Wildoose
  • S Adams, Davis