<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Is it okay to point out that White and the offense have done nothing in the second half. 

I mean, is that allowed around here.

Well its too bad Ty can't convert a 4th and 1 with the team driving yet again but lets not look at that or the 142 yards and 2 TD's in quarter 2 with the 2's 

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Let me give 27 cuts after the 3rd qtr

• QB Streveler
  • RB Knight, Johnson, Bawden, Perine
  • TE Cager Yeboah
  • WR Jackson, Charles Black Jackson Smith
  • OL Glaser Hermanns Piersbacher McDermott
  • DL Curry, Smart, Zuniga, Rankins???
  • LB Nasilrideen, Phillips, Thomas
  • CB Dunn, Wildoose
  • S Adams, Davis

I don’t see them cutting Cager, at least I don’t think it would be smart of them to do so.

He won’t make it to the practice squad, he’ll be picked by a team real quick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

White still throws short of the sticks more than you would like 

He has a tendency to attack the outside a little too much.  Not sure why.  He’s been successful attacking the middle today, but far too often he looks away to settle for the 3rd or fourth read at the boundaries and you’re seeing it now.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He’s got a roster spot.  No need to, especially since he started the off-season hurt.

Rich wouldn't know curious if it poked him behind in the dark. 

Ruckert is assured a roster spot... Kenny Y and Cager? We dunno... hence why they're out there. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Disagree.  If he’s not going to be on the sidelines with his teammates, he should be in the booth with the offensive coaching staff to get a sense of the play calling.  Having him sit all by himself in a suite is a wasted opportunity 

I don't care if you disagree lol

You have no idea what he was told to do or what to do with his time... period... just like me. 

And there is no point in either of us pulling a fake answer to a non questions from our arses.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

what skill set would you be talking about ?? Really explain . Dont just say it prove it what skill set does he not have ?>

I could post his prospect profile which heavily lays out his natural limitations.  But that was 5 years ago...so just what I see in him..

1) He has an incredibly slow release - painfully slow

2) He is slow and Unathletic

3) When he pushes the ball down field he often floats it

4) His deep ball accuracy is atrocious 

Bottom line though - Slow release and unnathletic - those two things combined are enough to to keep him out the NFL starter caliber conversation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, PorP said:

I don't care if you disagree lol

You have no idea what he was told to do or what to do with his time... period... just like me. 

And there is no point in either of us pulling a fake answer to a non questions from our arses.

Why the douchey response?  Obviously no one knows what he was told.  I’m faulting the Jets for not either having him with his teammates on the sidelines or with his coaches in the booth.  There is something Zach can gain with both of those options and nothing to be gained from him sitting alone in a suite

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well its too bad Ty can't convert a 4th and 1 with the team driving yet again but lets not look at that or the 142 yards and 2 TD's in quarter 2 with the 2's 

White struggled in game 1.  He struggled in game 2.  Had a great first half tonight.  And has thrown for 30 yards in the second half.  And yet at least half the site is crowning him.  Once again.

I just want to see a QB for this team pay consistently well.  Have not seen that for many years.  IF White is the guy, great.  But it seems like the bar is set pretty low for him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

New to the thread. Has anyone brought up Michael Clemons yet? 

i think he’s going to murder people 

He destroyed Tyrod Taylor really bad earlier (Taylor ended up getting hurt after the hit), but unfortunately Taylor was still able to get the pass off in time. 

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

Maybe he is still not 100 per cent?

If so that would mean they are keeping at least 4 TEs

Nah, I don’t think so.  The offense is very complicated and my guess is that he’s a little behind so you don’t want to put him out there if he doesn’t know the ins and outs yet, ala Mims last year.  Plus, he always needed some seasoning due to his lack of opportunities at Ohio State, so it was always going to be a, mostly, developmental year.

• Upvote 2