<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

well then u missed my main point about coaching

Ah, I get it now.  Since the “Flacco is Vinny T. 2.0” dream burst into a spectacular showcase of flames today, now it’s the “…coaches can’t develop anyone, Streveler is Kurt Warner 2.0” arc of this roller coaster of a soap opera.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Regardless of the opposition, that was a really nice catch for the TD.  Coverage was there, ball was thrown where he could get it.  Kept the knee in bounds.  IT was a good catch and he is playing a nice game. 

It is okay to give the kid credit for a nice play and a good game.

Noooo you don't get it... people don't want to say Mims had a good game ever because if they do then "the he stinks, period" narrative would have to be dropped...

Leaving them the only option which is to go home and then pick on loved ones.... :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Ah, now that the “Flacco is Vinny T. 2.0” dream burst into a spectacular showcase of flames today, now it’s the “…coaches can’t develop anyone, Streveler is Kurt Warner 2.0” arc of this roller coaster of a soap opera.

i have been critical of these coaches from last year there bud - not just for QB

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know.  The Strevelar thing is fun and all but jeeze Davis Webb looked like an all-pro too.

These QB's against 3rd string, vanilla defenses, no game planning etc. - they should be picking them apart.

Correct…but this is where you have to hope that your GM and CS are good at talent evaluation when you get down to final cuts. 

pretty sure Flacco’s money is guaranteed and he isn’t going anywhere in all likelihood.  Mike White fills a very limited role here as 3rd string QB and nothing else. 

I wonder if LaFleur could put together a ‘package’ around Streveler and if he could find a place in STs too. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets had to win a football game in two weeks to save the Earth from total destruction, and you could only start one of the four guys currently on the roster, there is no chance Zach doesn’t finish fourth in that poll

This silly scenario has no bearing on who should start until there is no question that he is the answer or he isnt. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Noooo you don't get it... people don't want to say Mims had a good game ever because if they do then "the he stinks, period" narrative would have to be dropped...

Leaving them the only option which is to go home and then pick on loved ones.... :) 

hi @Charlie Brown I have to apologize to you. In a rant earlier this year, I blamed you for attacking the “haters.” I was mistaken. It was @Joe W. Namath who was maliciously attacking haters. I am sorry to have confused the matter. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

The second clause invalidates the first clause

He's the starter and they will get him in the game as soon as they can.

They have consistently discussed his growth YoY - and after watching both JF and MW these past few weeks against back-ups - there really should be no question who gives this team to best chance to win.  It seems pretty clear that it's Wilson.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Notice how Mims changed his diet, worked out like a madman during the offseason and is now making plays.  Being away from Saleh and Lefleur has been surprisingly good for bringing out his natural talent. 

Whoever accused me of not being able to troll go F yourself.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If the brain trust had any real balls they'd cut Flacco and keep the yutes.

But they're all cowardly cowards and will cut Streveler to sneak him on the PS only to watch him get scooped up by another team.

Might not be possible financially. Flacco $2.85 mill guaranteed. White signed his RFA original round Tender at like $2.5 mill…any team could have signed White this off season giving the NYJ only a 5 th round DP. Do not think Whites deal is guaranteed but I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i dont want Flacco either so not sure of your point...shall we get break out the board so you can explain yourself better?

Nah, now you just want the 27 year old CFL QB to start now because, obviously, he’s going to replace Joe on that magical steed, come out of nowhere, and do this:

E68E11CB-00C7-4D56-9984-B27EB4B8F7D7.thumb.webp.bbab2189bdc3d94b4fef1c2fce7cecf1.webp

all because he ripped up backups in pre-season, right?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Nah, now you just want the 27 year old CFL QB to start now because, obviously, he’s going to replace Joe on that magical steed, come out of nowhere, and do this:

E68E11CB-00C7-4D56-9984-B27EB4B8F7D7.thumb.webp.bbab2189bdc3d94b4fef1c2fce7cecf1.webp

all because he ripped up backups in pre-season, right?

who said i wanted him to start lol - i think he sh be QB3 and really my comment was more about how inept the coaching staff has been that the QB...over your head i guess..move on

If he gets it done there is no doubt If he falters in the first 4 or 5 games with the talent on this roster a decision will have to be made 
Not sure you realize that Zach has been in the league for just a year ... Mr White .. 5 years, Flacco ... forever. Needs a little time to develop. But I agree he should not look lost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Mims had a really nice game today but does it mean the light finally finally went on? I would like to think so but the inability to line up correctly in past games still makes me very wary to be as optimistic about Mims as I was earlier in training camp 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

who said i wanted him to start lol - i think he sh be QB3 and really my comment was more about how inept the coaching staff has been that the QB...over your head i guess..move on

You used his pre-season, against guys who will selling insurance next week, to determine that “Streveler has outplayed 3 QBs the staff have been developing for 1 year.”

Nothing went over my head.  You just said something absolutely ridiculous, lmfao.

• Upvote 3

You used his pre-season, against guys who will selling insurance next week, to determine that “Streveler has outplayed 3 QBs the staff has been developing for 3 years.”

Nothing went over my head.  You just said something absolutely ridiculous, lmfao.

i fear most every goes over your head..he did out play them all while also playing with insurance salesman

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i fear most every goes over your head..he did out play them all while also playing with insurance salesman

Let’s rewind since I think this logic loop has broken your thought process and you don’t even know what your saying anymore:

You don’t want him to start.

You think he’s QB3.

…but he’s outplayed the other QBs this off-season and you don’t think that has anyyyyyyything to do with the fact that he’s lighting up meaningless pre-season games against, aforementioned, insurance salesmen?

So the guys who want to cut Mims because he was awful the last two season, and can completely ignore that he's tearing it up this preseason, are the same guys who want to start Mike White because he was generally awful last season (5 TDs and 8 INTs) after one crazy good game, and awful the first two weeks of this preseason, but had a good game today.

It's good to see consistency burns brightly here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Let’s rewind since I think this logic loop has broken your thought process and you don’t even know what your saying anymore:

You don’t want him to start.

You think he’s QB3.

…but he’s outplayed the other QBs this off-season and you don’t think that has anyyyyyyything to do with the fact that he’s lighting up meaningless pre-season games against, aforementioned, insurance salesmen?

again this is about coaching - the guy comes in with no coaching and plays better than the guys that Saleh and team have been trying to teach this offense for 1 year (not 3 years as you miss-quoted me)

Most of those games he was playing against the same players White was playing against and White was doing 3 and outs.

He may have been playing against insurance salesmen (so was White) but he was also playing WITH insurance salesmen but regardless he executed the plays called flawlessly from the playbook.

Not sure this is such a hard concept for you to comprehend.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

hi @Charlie Brown I have to apologize to you. In a rant earlier this year, I blamed you for attacking the “haters.” I was mistaken. It was @Joe W. Namath who was maliciously attacking haters. I am sorry to have confused the matter. 

My Man @T0mShane  you can do wrong in my book, funny and erudite.... When you said that stuff I actually thought did I type something crazy in my sleep!!

Let's Go Jets!  :)  

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

again this is about coaching - the guy comes in with no coaching and plays better than the guys that Saleh and team have been trying to teach this offense for 1 year (not 3 years as you miss-quoted me)

Most of those games he was playing against the same players White was playing against and White was doing 3 and outs.

He may have been playing against insurance salesmen (so was White) but he was also playing WITH insurance salesmen but regardless he executed the plays called flawlessly from the playbook.

Not sure this is such a hard concept for you to comprehend.

The only difficult concepts for anyone to comprehend here is the one where you don’t put Jack Sh*t into pre-season, and you CERTAINLY don’t make it the end all be all to determine who outplayed who in the off-season.  Using your ass-backwards logic, Denzel Mims and Calvin Jackson have outperformed every single WR in the off-season.  You really shouldn’t have needed this explained to you.

Just now, Mogglez said:

The only difficult concepts for anyone to comprehend here is the one where you don’t put Jack Sh*t into pre-season, and you CERTAINLY don’t make it the end all be all to determine who outplayed who in the off-season.  Using your ass-backwards logic, Denzel Mims and Calvin Jackson have outperformed every single WR in the off-season.  You really shouldn’t have needed this explained to you.

u sound butt hurt

BTW, not sure if it was mentioned during the game, but Tanzel Smart did not live up to his name on the Kwon-induced fumble.  He tried to pick up the ball and let a Giants player fall on it.  Really did not look good to me on the screen at the time.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, nycdan said:

BTW, not sure if it was mentioned during the game, but Tanzel Smart did not live up to his name on the Kwon-induced fumble.  He tried to pick up the ball and let a Giants player fall on it.  Really did not look good to me on the screen at the time.

Tanzel Dumb

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

there really should be no question who gives this team to best chance to win.  It seems pretty clear that it's Wilson.

How is that clear at all? He was a part of three Jets wins last year and you could only say he was a positive contributor in one of those (Titans) despite starting thirteen games. He threw for 145 yards and 102 yards in the other two wins, both against teams that were actively tanking for draft position. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1