<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is kinda silly.

Arguing about Mike White being a good QB is pointless.  We'll just go back and forth.

With that said,  if you want to tell me White should play over Flacco - sure, I would have no problem with that decision.  I think this fan base has over hyped what Flacco is too - why not White?  

That's all I've been saying MW should be the game one starter and Zach comes back when he's healthy. 

• Upvote 3

Didn't watch; only so many beach Sunday Fundays left before opening day. And really been through too many Browning Nagle-type preseasons to draw any concrete conclusions based on August football. 

Did watch Wilson's awful quarter. it's concerning, but again, August. The real concern though is you have a QB who habitually makes poor decisions. And because of that, expect it will be Flacco vs. the Ravens.  

There is an argument based off his small sample White should get a shot. This QB slot  should be a fluid situation. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So according to you , Wilson is the worst QB on the roster, and even though there is increasing pressure for Saleh and Douglas to start winning games, they will stubbornly continue to play the worst QB and ensure that they both lose their jobs.  

Saleh LaFleur and Douglas see Wilson practice every day, and their assessments are based on those observations.  And fwiw, your assessment of Wilson is based on how many preseason snaps that you personally saw Wilson play?

Bowles did you even read my post ? My assessment of Wilson is based on what he did last year not sure where you came up with this Preseason snaps thing but I never said that is why I felt Zach was the worst QB in the NFL by any stretch nor did I say he was the worst QB on the roster because I don't believe that to be true  . The Joke @T0mShane brought up about saving the earth was just that ...a joke.

Right now based on his last season he is the worst ranked QB in the NFL that MUST change once he starts playing again in the real season. If it does not we have some problems and if things don't get good after 5 games I believe MW should start playing QB and even then I would only sit Zach for 3-4 weeks and give him another shot to right the ship. If we see the exact same crap as last year this argument is over. Im not a Zach hater but Im also not a hater of the truth

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Flacco looked like absolute dog water today; did we watch the same game?

At times. As in other times...not the one pick you saw ok high lights. Flacco is a bum, don't get me wrong but even he does complete a few passes in our system. Guy should not be a starter in any capacity for the record 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we’re winning many games regardless, but you’d really start Zach over the other two if you were trying to win eight games this season to keep your job?

At some point Saleh is going to start whom ever gives him the best chance to win . And right now don’t see how that’s a fragile Wilson .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Bowles did you even read my post ? My assessment of Wilson is based on what he did last year not sure where you came up with this Preseason snaps thing but I never said that is why I felt Zach was the worst QB in the NFL by any stretch nor did I say he was the worst QB on the roster because I don't believe that to be true  . The Joke @T0mShane brought up about saving the earth was just that ...a joke.

Right now based on his last season he is the worst ranked QB in the NFL that MUST change once he starts playing again in the real season. If it does not we have some problems and if things don't get good after 5 games I believe MW should start playing QB and even then I would only sit Zach for 3-4 weeks and give him another shot to right the ship. If we see the exact same crap as last year this argument is over. Im not a Zach hater but Im also not a hater of the truth

Agree almost entirely except I wouldn’t pull him for a reset if he plays bad. Once he’s back in healthy, he needs to ride or die to the bitter end. A starting QB in this league needs to be able to self-reset after setbacks.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson gives this team the best chance to win and the NY Jets believe that as well.  

Zach still has to prove that he gives this team the best chance to win. As for Flacco he should not be starting game 1 and from what we have seen in preseason I would much rather keep White and Strevler due to the age factor and send Flacco Paccko not personal just business

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach still has to prove that he gives this team the best chance to win. As for Flacco he should not be starting game 1 and from what we have seen in preseason I would much rather keep White and Strevler due to the age factor and send Flacco Paccko not personal just business

To be honest, I thought Mike White threw the ball better yesterday than I've ever seen him throw it. And that includes the Bengal game. If it's a choice of White vs Flacco for the opener, I think White is the guy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

To be honest, I thought Mike White threw the ball better yesterday than I've ever seen him throw it. And that includes the Bengal game. If it's a choice of White vs Flacco for the opener, I think White is the guy.

I agree.  In the little I saw of the game, I was pleasantly surprised at his arm strength.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

At times. As in other times...not the one pick you saw ok high lights. Flacco is a bum, don't get me wrong but even he does complete a few passes in our system. Guy should not be a starter in any capacity for the record 

Flacco is a 37 year old journeyman QB at this point in his career.  People should keep their expectations low.

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree.  In the little I saw of the game, I was pleasantly surprised at his arm strength.  

Same here. He threw a variety of 15-25 yard passes, to different spots on the field, and they had some nice zip to it. His accuracy was very good.  Was a much bigger variety of play calls for him than usual, and he responded.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, HighPitch said:

Well for the second time in a row i read the thread and then watched the game and again this board needs therapy 

The game i watched is not the game i read about.

aside from some shakey qb play this team looked solid. Great rb, wr, o line d line play. Solid tackling and fire. 

I dont know why you guys arent feeling pretty good right now

New here?