This team is just better off without ZW

4 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

This is why any young QB can't make it with the NYJ.  We need to give Zach a full second season.   Trevor Lawrence was no better then ZW, but he plays in Jacksonville and will get a just chance to develop.   There will be bumps in the road with Zach, but he is the only QB on this roster that can make this team special.

Just what about ZW "can make this team special"?

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

And explain what THAT means.  

The UPS drivers for the Giants were on the field when the O started looking good, so please do explain in detail.  

Sure... it's an extreme lack of intelligence that results in 8x a member thread created per ZW pessimist 

You know... the lack of the ability to post in any one of the other 800 Zach sucks threads and believe your idea is so revolutionary and new.....

Well.. ima hav ta make  thread fur dat..

How about that hall

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

I just wish that this team under this ownership family would go back to the way it always used to be with top 1st round draft picks at the QB position; let them sit behind a seasoned veteran for as few years to look and learn the position. 

Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan all started 10+ games their rookie years and it ended up working out just fine for them.  Lamar Jackson started 7 games his rookie year as well.  He went 6-1. 

QB's have been preparing their whole lives to play the position at the pro level.  They don't need a full year to "sit and learn".  As if that's an effective way to learn the position anyways.  You're not going to truly "learn the position" or get used to the speed of the pro game until you start seeing live bullets.  If you struggle your first couple years at that then you likely don't have the processing speed and quick decision-making skills for the game anyways.

Sit them down a few games to start their rookie year?  Sure, fine by me.  The whole season?  Not necessary or even advisable.  There's no way to prove in either direction that sitting longer at the start of a QB's career leads to success.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Lack of durability trumps all of that. 

He got hurt on 2, back-to-back, dirty hits last year, and a freak injury this year.  Maybe hold off on the “lack of durability” for now.  Matthew Stafford payed 13 games in his first two years in the league and then proceeded to play a full 16 games, 8 years in a row.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

He got hurt on 2, back-to-back, dirty hits last year, and a freak injury this year.  Maybe hold off on the “lack of durability” for now.  Matthew Stafford payed 13 games in his first two years in the league and then proceeded to play a full 16 games, 8 years in a row.

I also find it interesting how the Zach is injury prone crew wants to start Mike White ahead of him.  The same Mike White who has never taken 100% of offensive snaps in an NFL game.  He has missed time in every start.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Amazingly, Jimmy GQ is still on the trading block.  We could do worse than him as our backup until Zach fully screws the pooch.

you guys have to get off this Jimmy G stuff. yes he is a good QB but there is no way we trade for a guy making 24 mil to start 2 games and then backup.

and you got to wonder why he still hasnt been traded. my guess is SF is asking too much for a one year rental. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan all started 10+ games their rookie years and it ended up working out just fine for them.  Lamar Jackson started 7 games his rookie year as well.  He went 6-1. 

QB's have been preparing their whole lives to play the position at the pro level.  They don't need a full year to "sit and learn".  As if that's an effective way to learn the position anyways.  You're not going to truly "learn the position" or get used to the speed of the pro game until you start seeing live bullets.  If you struggle your first couple years at that then you likely don't have the processing speed and quick decision-making skills for the game anyways.

Sit them down a few games to start their rookie year?  Sure, fine by me.  The whole season?  Not necessary or even advisable.  There's no way to prove in either direction that sitting longer at the start of a QB's career leads to success.  

Both Darnold and Wilson came into the pros very young with limited starts as USC and BYU

Teams with sh*tty #1 QB's are always obsessed with the #2 and #3.
Because the #1 is sh*tty.
Take a look where Zach Wilson ranked last year amongst starting QB's.
Take a look at his (Brief) one appearance in preseason this year.
Take a look at where Zach Wilson is right now, in his cute little cart.
Now ask yourself again why fans might care about the #2 and #3 QB spots here.

I don’t agree with this. I could see if the #2 and #3 QBs were better, but they’re not. They had a chance last year to run away with the job and failed. Let’s stop pretending that Flacco and White will win more games than Zach when they have a combined 1 win between them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, tfine said:

I don’t agree with this. I could see if the #2 and #3 QBs were better, but they’re not. They had a chance last year to run away with the job and failed. Let’s stop pretending that Flacco and White will win more games than Zach when they have a combined 1 win between them.

Zach was the worst performing QB on the Jets last year by most metrics.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Both Darnold and Wilson came into the pros very young with limited starts as USC and BYU

That's a good argument for avoiding/fading those guys in the draft in the first place.  Not really a good enough argument for sitting them down for a full season.  

Lack of collegiate experience is a very strong correlate to QB bust rate.  So whether you sit those guys or not, they're very likely to be busts regardless.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Use your eyes, it's a simple fact.

And it's an indictment on the coaching staff that they failed up to this point to utilize Mims properly. Purposely and vindictively, I believe.

We now see what he can do and what I believed all along.

Maybe this board is better off without you. LOL

• Thumb Down 1

Zach was the worst performing QB on the Jets last year by most metrics.

Metrics can be skewed and numbers don’t tell the whole story. They can be inflated if the sample size is smaller. Plus White and Flacco had a healthier supporting cast. We had the most drops in the NFL by WRs. Not saying Zach played well, but let’s not say White and Flacco were better. Zach had 11 picks in 13 games while White had 8 in just 4..I think Damien Woody pointed out that Zach only had the equivalent of one game last season when all of his weapons were healthy. That’s insane.

21 minutes ago, tfine said:

Metrics can be skewed and numbers don’t tell the whole story. They can be inflated if the sample size is smaller. Plus White and Flacco had a healthier supporting cast. We had the most drops in the NFL by WRs. 

Or they can be made up altogether:

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

RankTeamPasses Dropped

1 Los Angeles Chargers 33

2 Carolina Panthers 28

3 Pittsburgh Steelers 27

4 Las Vegas Raiders 25

New York Jets 25

Jacksonville Jaguars 25

Meanwhile, guess who was last in the NFL in "Bad Throw %"?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing_advanced.htm

1.  Zach Wilson (23.8 %)
  2.  Justin Fields (21.9 %)
  3.  Baker Mayfield (20.9 %)
  4.  Trevor Lawrence (20.5 %)
  5.  Lamar Jackson (19.7 %)

And also last in the NFL in "On Target %"?

1.  Zach Wilson (69.9 %)
  2.  Trevor Lawrence (71.3 %)
  3.  Andy Dalton (71.4 %)
  4.  Jacoby Brissett (72.5 %)
  5.  Justin Fields (72.7 %)

So our receivers having a case of the dropsies can't fully dismiss Wilson's accuracy issues anyways.

Justin Herbert's receivers dropped 5.8 % of passes thrown to them last year, 5th highest in the league.  Didn't stop him from balling out.  

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or they can be made up altogether:

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

RankTeamPasses Dropped

1 Los Angeles Chargers 33

2 Carolina Panthers 28

3 Pittsburgh Steelers 27

4 Las Vegas Raiders 25

New York Jets 25

Jacksonville Jaguars 25

Meanwhile, guess who was last in the NFL in "Bad Throw %"?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing_advanced.htm

1.  Zach Wilson (23.8 %)
  2.  Justin Fields (21.9 %)
  3.  Baker Mayfield (20.9 %)
  4.  Trevor Lawrence (20.5 %)
  5.  Lamar Jackson (19.7 %)

And also last in the NFL in "On Target %"?

1.  Zach Wilson (69.9 %)
  2.  Trevor Lawrence (71.3 %)
  3.  Andy Dalton (71.4 %)
  4.  Jacoby Brissett (72.5 %)
  5.  Justin Fields (72.7 %)

So our receivers having a case of the dropsies can't fully dismiss Wilson's accuracy issues anyways.

Justin Herbert's receivers dropped 5.8 % of passes thrown to them last year, 5th highest in the league.  Didn't stop him from balling out.  

For sure.

But total passes dropped is irrelevant because of big differences in pass attempts. Wilson had the highest percentage of “catchable” passes dropped last season according to PFF. Btw, according to this list, Herbert was 7th. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/01/15/zach-wilson-nfl-lead-jets-message/amp/

It is ALSO true that Zach Wilson struggled with his accuracy. And you are right, if someone balls out at QB, drop rate won’t hold them back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Metrics can be skewed and numbers don’t tell the whole story. They can be inflated if the sample size is smaller. Plus White and Flacco had a healthier supporting cast. We had the most drops in the NFL by WRs. Not saying Zach played well, but let’s not say White and Flacco were better. Zach had 11 picks in 13 games while White had 8 in just 4..I think Damien Woody pointed out that Zach only had the equivalent of one game last season when all of his weapons were healthy. That’s insane.

Regardless, if Zach can get over his injury, we'll have plenty of time to find out exactly what he is and isn't this year.

His future is in his hands.  

Check out Michael Carter’s and Moore’s splits with ZW vs without 

Zach Wilson has not shown the ability to keep an offense on schedule 

He has no sense of rhythm and timing 

If the NFL were pure (2-hand touch) backyard ball, he might be an option

But it’s not.  It’s pro football. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Use your eyes, it's a simple fact.

And it's an indictment on the coaching staff that they failed up to this point to utilize Mims properly. Purposely and vindictively, I believe.

We now see what he can do and what I believed all along.

amen brother 

preach 

• Upvote 1