MIMS

5 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

The guy has balls. 7 of them to be exact, for 102 and a TD. Caught some contested balls, created separation with decisive route running, and had hands of glue. Couldn’t be more happy for the guy, it’s just preseason but he showed he has a lot of dog in him. Couldn’t be more happy for us either.. he just increased his trade value if that’s the route we have to take.

Sir. 

That is the exact stat line a 2nd round pick should have against Walmart cashiers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Sir. 

That is the exact stat line a 2nd round pick should have against Walmart cashiers. 

I’m sorry has talent ever been the problem with Mims? Because I thought it was lack of discipline and football IQ. He did his job today, stayed disciplined and avoided his usual dumb mistakes and the result was a great performance. There’s no way to put a negative spin on this unless you’re rooting against him just so your criticism and hate can feel more validated.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

If I never hear this fukkin' name again in my life.  Trade or cut the guy tonight.  Anyone thinking Mims is going to suddenly become a premier receiver is...well... a Jet fan.  If Mims is kept, it will be another of the myriad blunders this team has amassed.

Umm Saleh just announced he made the team lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

If I never hear this fukkin' name again in my life.  Trade or cut the guy tonight.  Anyone thinking Mims is going to suddenly become a premier receiver is...well... a Jet fan.  If Mims is kept, it will be another of the myriad blunders this team has amassed.

Cut him? Why would a good GM do that? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

Yep.  I'm sure they will cut him just like you want.  

Or maybe we'll go with what Saleh said and expect him on the 53.

Honestly, the blind hatred for a player who is, by all measure, turning it around and becoming a very good NFL-level player, is turning more than a few otherwise solid posters into....something else.

Clowns?

Just now, nycdan said:

Yep.  I'm sure they will cut him just like you want.  

Or maybe we'll go with what Saleh said and expect him on the 53.

Honestly, the blind hatred for a player who is, by all measure, turning it around and becoming a very good NFL-level player, is turning more than a few otherwise solid posters into....something else.

It's not hatred.  Just what anyone would have seen from the guy if you were to appraise the effort honestly.  But sure, Mims makes a few catches against in a scrub game and it's all roses.  Congrats, you are now a classic Jet fan.  Welcome to the debacle.

Here's a question to separate the fans from the "I hate Mims more than logic could even support" people.

If you are a GM and you could trade the same thing for either Mims or Jeff Smith, who do you ask for?

I'm pretty comfortable saying 31 out of 31 GMs ask for Mims.  I'm also pretty comfortable saying that at least a handful of posters here will jump in with both barrels blazing about how Smith is better.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

He played well enough to make the team. I hope he can produce when the real games begin. I’m not about to make any grand proclamations from a great second half of the final preseason game though

Exactly.  If he starts popping off with penalties in game-action, then they can demote him to PS or trade/cut him.  But right now, he is productive and capable of helping the team win games.  Also, if Davis gets hurt, Mims is the only other guy over 6' on the roster.  

The knock on him is that he can't play all three WR positions like this team wants.  That's a thing and I can't say how important it is.  But if he's the best 'next man up' in the 'Z' right now, and he's contributing on STs, then he's worth rostering.  It's really that simple.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I’m sorry has talent ever been the problem with Mims? Because I thought it was lack of discipline and football IQ. He did his job today, stayed disciplined and avoided his usual dumb mistakes and the result was a great performance. There’s no way to put a negative spin on this unless you’re rooting against him just so your criticism and hate can feel more validated.

False. 

I didnt knock what he did. I knocked who he did it against. 

This is the type of performance you should expect from someone of his talent level against that particular opposition. 

18 minutes ago, Kendan said:

Mims' talent is undeniable and his upside is significant. He played his heart out. His passion for the game showed out. I'm really glad to see it. 

I think it would be a mistake to let him go. Put the man on the field! I'm rooting for you Denzel!

Funny that it took an audition for other teams to show his alleged ‘passion’.   Mims is an elite athlete and below average NFL wr.   It just is what it is.