Post-Pre-Season Temperature Check...

jetswinbaby!

I think it’s going to start off rocky. 4 or 5 games until it starts to gel. There are so many new and young players starting. The OL alone only has 1 player starting at the same spot they did last year. 

Once it does click I see them being very exciting. So much talent all over the place. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

It seems like this team is really good. Lots of talent all over the field 

Lots of talent but I just don't know about our CS and QB.  IMHO they are the only holes in the team.  Hope I'm wrong.  Maybe we can expect some improvement in year two.

JD has done his part and than some.      

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

So ...

The Pre-Season is over...

How is everyone feeling about our Jets?...

Optimistic?

Just so-so?

Pessimistic?

Better or worse than after last pre-season?

I know I may end up regetting this, but I am excited...

Optimism about winning games this year - 3 of 10

Optimism about the roster overall - 5 of 10 (and rising).  

Optimism about Zach Wilson - 2 of 10

We'll see where their results take me from here.  But it's the best overall roster in a while.  Lets see what they do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

As long as there is decent QB play, the offense will be fun to watch as soon as the Oline gels.

Still have concerns about the QB position. From reports from training camp, I expected to see an improved play from Zach, but then his preseason game didn’t instill confidence even if it is a small sample size. 

I’m wait and see on the defense. I need to see how well the CS does with the improved talent on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

Going to win more games than last year.

Fun team. Awesome young talent. Great FAs have been brought in.

We will have some growing pains and mistakes coming, and this team is going to have to get all the new players in sync and gelling. There will be frustrating moments, leading to meltdowns on JN, but we are heading up.

With or without Zach panning out this team is heading in the right direction with real talent. 

That said, would love to see Zach come into his own. He's got the talent, he's got the work ethic, he's got the confidence to solicit favors from 45 year old aerobic instructors. Hope he's the guy. 

• Upvote 3

Preseason frankly didn’t tell us very much due to the qb injury, and the restricted amount of time teams have to prepare.

From the little I did see of the 1s, it looked like what we saw last year.   Just sprinkled with a little more raw talent.

From a progression point of view, I am sorta expecting a breakout QW year, b/c of course he will given its a contract year.  I am less rosy about the secondary and lbing.  I suspect the Oline is going to struggle a bit (which was a theme throughout camp), but should settle down and be an upper echelon unit later in the year.  

I think our rooks will be decent, assuming they stay healthy (which is a big if), but i’m sorta expecting less than others are.  They are solid players, but i’m not expecting Von Miller out the gate. 

The worry is, and always has been Zac.  Flacco will keep things stable for awhile, and he is a fringe starting qb in this league, but I mean you aren’t going to win a lot of games with that guy either.  And the problem is that he is probably better than Zac….  Will there be a qb controversy?  It would be very Jetsy.

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The team is much more talented than last year and I think we’ll have some nice moments but I don’t see more than 7 wins against this schedule unless Wilson take a a big jump OR the pass rush becomes elite 

More talent and without Becton less filling.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Honestly, I see the defense getting better and the offense getting worse, the difference being the OL/ running game. 

Ya idk I think the defense is going to be the main issue this year. But the oline did not look great yesterday. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The team is very, very soft and it’s going to get the sh*t kicked out of it for the first half of the season. The Ravens are going to win by 20+ simply through their sheer physical advantage. We should absolutely ignore any cheap wins they get toward the end of the year—the 17 game schedule guarantees a few NBA-style no-shows. The most compelling storyline is obviously going to be Zach, coming off injury, trying to learn how to play QB while being chased around on a bad leg by an array of hostile defenders. The other storyline is how Saleh deals with Zach if/when it becomes clear he’s inviable as the starter. If Saleh ****s that eventuality up, he’s never getting a sniff of a head coaching job again. On a more positive note, it’ll be fun to see if Sauce Gardner can become elite right away like Pat Surtain. Also interested to see Breece Hall operate, but it’ll be difficult to assess offensive players until the QB situation gets sorted out. 

Agree with meaningless end of season wins ... Team looked more physical yesterday with the starters playing.

Regarding the QB Here ... Ill sort it out for you ...

Zach Attack Wilson #1

Josephus Flacster Flacco #2

S T R E V E L E R #3

MR White : Best of luck to you sir.

This team will lose bad until the OL gels.

Edited by Dunnie

• If we can run the ball consistently well - we'll be in most games
  • QBs play will determine if the close games turn into wins or losses
  • If our pass rush is non-existent our vanilla Cover 3 will be shredded and torched
  • Our D has talent but I'm not confident in the scheme / coaching
  • Upvote 2

The D will only be as good as its LB play, which is worrisome.

The O will be productive so long as whoever is at QB is decisive and limits unforced errors. Hopefully Wilson has grown up a bit. I worry that if Flacco plays the first 2 games people will lose patience with Zach because there is no way that he is a better NFL QB than Flacco today, but he has to play because he has a good chance to be better than Flacco by the end of the season.

• Upvote 1