Thoughts on Braden Mann

WowOhWow

I continue to be underwhelmed.  Am I missing something.  To me it seems like every other kick is very short.

Winning will be hard enough for this team - we can't afford to give other teams short fields.  I just feel like there's got to be other punters out there...

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Giants punter holy cow. Multiple punts went over 65 yards in the air yesterday. Insane.

I said the same thing in yesterday's game thread.  That kid was booming punts.  One on a bad snap and off the side of his foot went over 50 yards.  Also like that he's sporting a 70s Allman Brothers Band hair style.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I said the same thing in yesterday's game thread.  That kid was booming punts.  One on a bad snap and off the side of his foot went over 50 yards.  Also like that he's sporting a 70s Allman Brothers Band hair style.

And is named Duane

• Upvote 2

Not saying he isn't good but that thin air in Denver definitely helps.
Setting team punting records shows he's still a strong option ... all the guys he outkicked also had the thin air in their favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Braden Mann is on the roster because he was a draft pick. UDFA Braden Mann would have long been a memory. 

JD's 2020 draft might be among the worst of Jets history.

1981 Green Bay Packers draft. 

A QB at #6 overall who went 31 of 68 for 386 yards with 3 TDs and 9 INTs.

A TE in round 2 who had 21 catches for 285 yards and 1 TD

A punter in the 3rd round.

https://totalpackers.com/2011/04/packers-worst-draft-ever-set-tone-for-decade/

image.thumb.png.dd862989a6de941bbbb7e8e65d8fd101.png

Some of these punters get themselves into trouble. I am glad Braden has kept his nose clean at least. 

He also made some good tackles. 

If I am JD and want to minimize the number of games we get blown out, I would invest in a punter with a big leg.   I think we are going to be doing a lot of punting. 

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Some of these punters get themselves into trouble. I am glad Braden has kept his nose clean at least. 

He also made some good tackles. 

If I am JD and want to minimize the number of games we get blown out, I would invest in a punter with a big leg.   I think we are going to be doing a lot of punting. 

Like who?

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And is named Duane

I just looked up the Giant punter.  His name isn't Allman, but Jamie Gillan.  Also known as the "Scottish Hammer".  Ya hear, @Warfish?

I should have used Deep Purple in my analogy.  He bears a bit of a resemblance to Purple vocalist, Ian Gillan.

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

Here's a shot of the great singer:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I just looked up the Giant punter.  His name isn't Allman, but Jamie Gillan.  Also known as the "Scottish Hammer".  Ya hear, @Warfish?

I should have used Deep Purple in my analogy.  He bears a bit of a resemblance to Purple vocalist, Ian Gillan.

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

And just to compare, here's another famous Scotsman:

image.png.27903ed6309f4d712d978ac4fe5d1ad8.png

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

Brings back fond memories of Deep Purple.

The loudest band I ever saw, knocked you back in your seat

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1