Jump to content

Thoughts on Braden Mann


WowOhWow
 Share

Recommended Posts

I continue to be underwhelmed.  Am I missing something.  To me it seems like every other kick is very short.

Winning will be hard enough for this team - we can't afford to give other teams short fields.  I just feel like there's got to be other punters out there...

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Giants punter holy cow. Multiple punts went over 65 yards in the air yesterday. Insane.

I said the same thing in yesterday's game thread.  That kid was booming punts.  One on a bad snap and off the side of his foot went over 50 yards.  Also like that he's sporting a 70s Allman Brothers Band hair style.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I said the same thing in yesterday's game thread.  That kid was booming punts.  One on a bad snap and off the side of his foot went over 50 yards.  Also like that he's sporting a 70s Allman Brothers Band hair style.

And is named Duane

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying he isn't good but that thin air in Denver definitely helps.
Setting team punting records shows he's still a strong option ... all the guys he outkicked also had the thin air in their favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Braden Mann is on the roster because he was a draft pick. UDFA Braden Mann would have long been a memory. 

JD's 2020 draft might be among the worst of Jets history.

1981 Green Bay Packers draft. 

A QB at #6 overall who went 31 of 68 for 386 yards with 3 TDs and 9 INTs.

A TE in round 2 who had 21 catches for 285 yards and 1 TD

A punter in the 3rd round.

https://totalpackers.com/2011/04/packers-worst-draft-ever-set-tone-for-decade/

image.thumb.png.dd862989a6de941bbbb7e8e65d8fd101.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of these punters get themselves into trouble. I am glad Braden has kept his nose clean at least. 

He also made some good tackles. 

If I am JD and want to minimize the number of games we get blown out, I would invest in a punter with a big leg.   I think we are going to be doing a lot of punting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Some of these punters get themselves into trouble. I am glad Braden has kept his nose clean at least. 

He also made some good tackles. 

If I am JD and want to minimize the number of games we get blown out, I would invest in a punter with a big leg.   I think we are going to be doing a lot of punting. 

Like who?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And is named Duane

I just looked up the Giant punter.  His name isn't Allman, but Jamie Gillan.  Also known as the "Scottish Hammer".  Ya hear, @Warfish?

I should have used Deep Purple in my analogy.  He bears a bit of a resemblance to Purple vocalist, Ian Gillan.

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

Here's a shot of the great singer:

hqdefault.jpg

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I just looked up the Giant punter.  His name isn't Allman, but Jamie Gillan.  Also known as the "Scottish Hammer".  Ya hear, @Warfish?

I should have used Deep Purple in my analogy.  He bears a bit of a resemblance to Purple vocalist, Ian Gillan.

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

Here's a shot of the great singer:

hqdefault.jpg

 

And just to compare, here's another famous Scotsman:

image.png.27903ed6309f4d712d978ac4fe5d1ad8.png

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I just looked up the Giant punter.  His name isn't Allman, but Jamie Gillan.  Also known as the "Scottish Hammer".  Ya hear, @Warfish?

I should have used Deep Purple in my analogy.  He bears a bit of a resemblance to Purple vocalist, Ian Gillan.

Here's the punter:

1346280302-850x560.jpeg

Here's a shot of the great singer:

hqdefault.jpg

 

Brings back fond memories of Deep Purple.

The loudest band I ever saw, knocked you back in your seat

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...