Mac Jones not fully “prepared” for year 2

Rhg1084

Betting my life that this is utter BS and NE will win their usual 10+ games, including 2 easy and embarassing wins against you know who. "Same old Same old, different day."

Rinse

Repeat

Fire CS in January 

Get me Sean Payton god damn it

---and---

Due Lipa is FIRE

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure.  Jets fans are getting awfully cocky about a team we haven't beaten since December of 2015, and who has beaten us by the following scores in that span:

• 2021:  54-13; 25-6
  • 2020:  30-27; 28-14
  • 2019:  33-0; 30-14
  • 2018:  27-13; 38-3
  • 2017:  24-17; 26-6
  • 2016:  22-17; 41-3

Average margin of defeat:  20.4 points.

But enough of that; the last line in your post is the one I'd rather focus on.

Dua Lipa Backbend GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Dua Lipa Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

dualipa-dua.gif

Cocky is one thing. Calling fans who are skeptical "trolls" (or worse) is ******* ridiculous lol.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

What is a person who has excessive enthusiasm for something?

An extremist?  Zealot?  Sectarian?  Partisan?  Radical? A militant diehard?

Oh, you probably mean fanatic.

Wait, don't they all mean the same thing?

I am so confused right now.....

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure.  Jets fans are getting awfully cocky about a team we haven't beaten since December of 2015, and who has beaten us by the following scores in that span:

There is a difference between calling out a player or the media and being cocky. My point is that the Pats wins 10 games last year in spite of Mac Jones. That had Mac Jones played on the Jets he would have been the worst QB in the league. And, most other QBs playing for the Pats would have had the same/similar record.

My point was the Mac Jones wasn't very good and that he wasn't the reason the Pats won 10 games. So, how is that being cocky about the 'pig is ripe'. The utter love any Pats player gets here is ridiculous. It is bad enough the way many over value Jet players and completely under value them (Wesco is so bad, nobody would have him on the team - yet a bunch of teams put a claim on him), but at least these are Jet fans talking about Jet players on a Jets site. The fascination with Mac Jones on this site truly confuses me.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

There is a difference between calling out a player or the media and being cocky. My point is that the Pats wins 10 games last year in spite of Mac Jones. That had Mac Jones played on the Jets he would have been the worst QB in the league. And, most other QBs playing for the Pats would have had the same/similar record.

My point was the Mac Jones wasn't very good and that he wasn't the reason the Pats won 10 games. So, how is that being cocky about the 'pig is ripe'. The utter love any Pats player gets here is ridiculous. It is bad enough the way many over value Jet players and completely under value them (Wesco is so bad, nobody would have him on the team - yet a bunch of teams put a claim on him), but at least these are Jet fans talking about Jet players on a Jets site. The fascination with Mac Jones on this site truly confuses me.

They beat the bills with zero yards passing. I think saying they won despite of Mac is a fair assessment 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

The Jets and Pats both took QBs in round 1 last year, and the Pats’ version had a better year and went to the playoffs.  Yet you’re confused why we talk so much about a division rival’s 2nd-year QB?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets and Pats both took QBs in round 1 last year, and the Pats’ version had a better year and went to the playoffs.  Yet you’re confused why we talk so much about a division rival’s 2nd-year QB?

No - I wonder why when people talk about the QB we are labeled as being cocky about the Pats - my point was that he wasn't good and yet the Pats still won, so not assuming that the 'pig was ripe'.

I wonder why there is such love for Mac Jones when he clearly wasn't great. The media and the fans love him, not sure why Jet fans do.

I am also just so tired of hearing about the guy (as I live in NE). So, a bit cranky.

BTW, not implying that you are the one loving him, calling me/us cocky, or anything else. I just hope he (and of course the pats) fail miserably this year, but I am not counting on it.

Edit: I am also a little cranky as I come to this site to hear about and discuss the Jets as I don't get any media coverage here. It makes me sad/angry that I come here and there is so much talk about the Pats and how great Mac Jones is...

• Sympathy 2

Just now, bostonmajet said:

No - I wonder why when people talk about the QB we are labeled as being cocky about the Pats - my point was that he wasn't good and yet the Pats still won, so not assuming that the 'pig was ripe'.

I wonder why there is such love for Mac Jones when he clearly wasn't great. The media and the fans love him, not sure why Jet fans do.

I am also just so tired of hearing about the guy (as I live in NE). So, a bit cranky.

BTW, not implying that you are the one loving him, calling me/us cocky, or anything else. I just hope he (and of course the pats) fail miserably this year, but I am not counting on it.

I was suggesting that Jets fans are being cocky about the Pats demise and our chances of beating them.  Not being cocky about Mac Jones.  We have no business expecting a sweep over the Pats after going 0-12 against them over the last 6 seasons.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was suggesting that Jets fans are being cocky about the Pats demise and our chances of beating them.  Not being cocky about Mac Jones.  We have no business expecting a sweep over the Pats after going 0-12 against them over the last 6 seasons.  

Agreed. I think the Jets are much better than last year. It doesn't mean that we are going to be good. Add to that the Pats with Mac Jones beat one of the best teams in the league last year with no passing. I don't expect us to sweep any team in the division let alone the Pats with BB as coach.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets are going undefeated this season. So by a process of simple math that tells me that the Jets will sweep the Patriots.

This has very little to do with Mac Jones. There is nothing he can do to stop this.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

But enough of that; the last line in your post is the one I'd rather focus on.

Dua Lipa Backbend GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Dua Lipa Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

dualipa-dua.gif

EDIT:  Just realized I forgot to tag @munchmemory on this action.

Glad to see I still warrant a shout.  I've been on the Dua Lipa bus for years.   She's stunning.  Gorgeous face with legs that go on for days.

The duet she did with St. Vincent was fantastic.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Glad to see I still warrant a shout.  I've been on the Dua Lipa bus for years.   She's stunning.  Gorgeous face with legs that go on for days.

Yeah I thought of you when I posted it.  Figured I wouldn't even need to tag you on it, and that you'd be called to it like a sexy bat signal.  

But when several days went by and you hadn't yet reacted to it, I knew it was time.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I thought of you when I posted it.  Figured I wouldn't even need to tag you on it, and that you'd be called to it like a sexy bat signal.  

But when several days went by and you hadn't yet reacted to it, I knew it was time.

Gettin' old, dude.  My "sexy bat signal" is coal powered, so needs more manpower than I can manage most days.  lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Which she'd use to break Deion Sanders' 40-time if you got within 150 yards.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mac Jones through 3 games 786 yards, 2TD/5INT.

Markedly worse stats than Joe Flacco, but the same record. Might have an ankle injury which presumably, will have an impact on his pace.

Karma for those clowns for targeting zachs knee last year and running the score up on us