Mac Jones not fully “prepared” for year 2

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Belichick’s winning percentage without Brady (.468) is better than Walsh without Montana/Young (.383).

I hate Belichick but before we dance on the grave, let’s make sure there is a body in it.

Oh, I'm not dancing on the grave.

BB, even without Brady, has won considerably more often than the Jets have over the past 11 seasons. But I view the Pats as just another team now. They may contend, they may not. But they shouldn't be the object of our obsession and fear any longer. The "pig" everyone talks about is in Buffalo now. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, I'm not dancing on the grave.

BB, even without Brady, has won considerably more often than the Jets have over the past 11 seasons. But I view the Pats as just another team now. They may contend, they may not. But they shouldn't be the object of our obsession and fear any longer. The "pig" everyone talks about is in Buffalo now. 

Allow David Cross GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Belichick’s winning percentage without Brady (.469) is better than Walsh without Montana/Young (.383).

I hate Belichick but before we dance on the grave, let’s make sure there is a body in it.

Bill Walsh was a big picture genius.  BB is a genius of minutia.   The BB coaching tree is bare.  You can't teach Asperger's.

Walsh is in a completely different catagory than BB.  He changed the way the game is played.  He was a great teacher and passed it along to countless coaches.

• Upvote 4

I find Jones creepy. Like "off" creepy. Hearing some day that he got hooked on drugs, was a friend of Jared the subway guy, or anything of that ilk would not surprise me in the least. Not saying he does anything like that but I just get a deep cringe feeling from the guy,

• Haha 4

On 8/29/2022 at 8:04 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Hard to second guess Belichick but the decision to turn a DC & ST coach into offensive coordinators for a 2nd year QB sure is a head scratcher. If the offense crashes and burns BB has to take the blame.

It’s actually not hard to second guess Belichick.  He has a losing record without Tom Brady and replaced his offensive coordinator with a mediocre at best defensive coordinator 

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, JiFapono said:

It's a weird way of framing the critique.  He's not prepared to play in the NFL this year but he was as a rookie?  lol  Pretty nonsensical honestly.  Maybe better stated by saying, Mac is struggling to pick up an offense that doesnt have an identity.  But being prepared?  Seems like this is more of a criticism of the Patriots coaching staff and lack of cohesion rather than Mac Jones being prepared.

The loss of Joshy could be big for the Pats.

Jones finished the season last year like crap. He regressed as the season went on.

Add to that a disorganized system and this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

On 8/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Wow shocking news out of New England 

193DF79E-1F37-41FB-90CB-49C47DEA2145.png

Yeah, but.  Disaster?  No.  Great?  No.  Inconsistent?  Yes.  The OL has struggled with the new outside run blocking scheme being adopted.  This has resulted in struggles running the ball and pass protection.  Subsequently, Mac has struggled.

It is not a good sign for the season.

23 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not a Mac Jones fan by any means (nor do I hate on him) but these preseason reports need to be taken with a grain of salt.

I mean remember 2012 preseason our offense didnt score a TD the entire preseason!

And we….and we….

Cheated?

8 hours ago, Hex said:

Remember when Belichick said he thought the Jets had a shot at beating the Pats last season?

Belichick has been trolling the league for years. Refuses to join the coaches’ association, won’t let his likeness be used in video games, cuts up his clothes like a hobo while still technically complying with wearing sanctioned sideline gear, cheating out of compulsion…

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, JiFapono said:

It's a weird way of framing the critique.  He's not prepared to play in the NFL this year but he was as a rookie?  lol  Pretty nonsensical honestly.  Maybe better stated by saying, Mac is struggling to pick up an offense that doesnt have an identity.  But being prepared?  Seems like this is more of a criticism of the Patriots coaching staff and lack of cohesion rather than Mac Jones being prepared.

The loss of Joshy could be big for the Pats.

Seems like they're saying he's not ready to make the critical Year 2 leap?  I dunno.  It's fantasy analysis.  Sometimes those guys overreact a bit to preseason stuff.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:13 PM, jgb said:

Belichick has been trolling the league for years. Refuses to join the coaches’ association, won’t let his likeness be used in video games, cuts up his clothes like a hobo while still technically complying with wearing sanctioned sideline gear, cheating out of compulsion…

So?

I understand some of the things Jets bitch about when it comes to Bill.  Your obsession with his membership or lack thereof to the coaches association is one of the.  Other than this old complaint or Bill not taking the coaches picture, can you name one thing the NFL Coaches Association has done or does?  No Googling.  I cannot think of one.

Similar with the NIL.  So?  

On 8/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, Dwight Englewood said:

It’s actually not hard to second guess Belichick.  He has a losing record without Tom Brady and replaced his offensive coordinator with a mediocre at best defensive coordinator 

He's 10 and 5 with Matt Cassell, 2 and 0 with Jimmy G,  10 and 7 with Mac Jones and 16 and 15 with Vinny T.   Vinny's record for his career is 90-123-1.  Matt Cassell's career record is 36 and 45.

54 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

So?

I understand some of the things Jets bitch about when it comes to Bill.  Your obsession with his membership or lack thereof to the coaches association is one of the.  Other than this old complaint or Bill not taking the coaches picture, can you name one thing the NFL Coaches Association has done or does?  No Googling.  I cannot think of one.

I’m actually not bitching. I respect it to some degree. I wish the Jets were smart enough to cheat if that’s all it takes to win 7 rings (truth: that’s not all it takes, as much as we want to believe it is).

As far as him thumbing his nose at NFL convention? Good.

15 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

So?

Hey the Belichick thread got you back here, nice!  :)

On 8/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, varjet said:

Its a trap!  Count out BB and the Patriots at your peril.  Zach Wilson is years away from being able to execute an offense against BB's defense, if he ever can. 

Agreed.  Even though it's fun to joke that "TPIR!", I won't actually believe it until I see it.  I still think BB is the GOAT HC.