After a slow start, JD is on a foundation building streak

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The poll was of agents, not GMs.  Those are guys complaining about contracts, not trades.  Think Mims or Joe Douglas promised Sam Darnold’s parents he’d do ‘everything in his power’ to protect him

Well he didn't lie on that one.  Sending Darnold to another franchise at that time was the nicest thing he could do for sweet, soft Sammy.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do the exercise where you list the top five players on the Jets and you realize that two of them are extremely expensive guards, one is a nickel corner,  maybe a couple of rookies you don’t really know about, and Elijah Moore

Uh, no DL? Reed? Or is he your nickel CB? 

39 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Douglas signed a 6 yr contract, and I think he's somewhere near or in his 4th yr. When can we expect an extension offer, if he gets one?

If the franchise was smart they would wait until after this season and then evaluate. Need to know if Wilson and Saleh are the real deal. He whiffs on both of those, I wouldn’t extend him.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Kinda my point. Reed wasn’t even a top five player on the Seahawks, who absolutely stink. 

I’d say it’s probably a couple OL, a couple DL, and Moore. Which is why drafting OL in the first round again would’ve been terrible team building. Sauce and Breece -the couple of rookies- will have their say, too. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, David Harris said:

The Athletic interviewed 26 agents. Thought this was interesting.

10. Among GMs or front-office leaders, whom do you trust the least?

Eagles GM Howie Roseman (four votes)

• “I don’t trust what comes out of his mouth because he lied to me.”

• “I don’t think he’s very transparent. He kind of tells you what you think you want to hear. He does the same thing with the players.”

Jets front office (four votes)

• “I trust them the least, but (GM) Joe Douglas I actually trust as a man. There’s a lot of s— going on in that building, whether it’s (senior director, football administration) Dave Socie or their f—— ownership.”

• “Joe Douglas because he just doesn’t communicate. Just does not communicate at all.”

Those comments from Jamal's agent ?