Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I think they are trying to release him early so he sneaks through waivers

Isn't everyone released during this time (except veterans) subject to waivers and can only be claimed wed at noon? I think even if one was released Friday they can't be claimed till wed at noon.

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Releasing him the day before the deadline probably means he isn’t being targeted for the practice squad.  Teams usually wait until the last second to waive their PS targets 

So I saw @Skeptable post and it made some sense to me to justify timing of the announcement and now i see your post Sarge.

now I'm confused again.

Why announce it now when it's not required for another 24 hours? Is there some advantage in not saying it now rather than waiting?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PorP said:

So I saw @Skeptable post and it made some sense to me to justify timing of the announcement and now i see your post Sarge.

now I'm confused again.

Why announce it now when it's not required for another 24 hours? Is there some advantage in not saying it now rather than waiting?  

preference... sometimes Belicheck would release early in the confusion hoping nobody would see.... sometimes he would release a veteran to then release him 2 days later... to slip through and resign the veteran

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PorP said:

now I'm confused again.

Just checked last years cut downs to see if the Jets cut anyone early and then brought them back onto the PS.  

Last year, two days before cut down day, they cut Bennett Jackson.  They did not resign him after that...so...can't tell anything at least from last year.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Isn't everyone released during this time (except veterans) subject to waivers and can only be claimed wed at noon? I think even if one was released Friday they can't be claimed till wed at noon.

Pretty sure this is the way it works.