Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

has to be somehting in the works for safety.  At least I hope so. Pinnock and Parks both gone.  And yet Ashtyn Davis is still on the team.  At least for the moment.

Wow. Both of these are surprises, I thought Pinnock was a lock. Tony Adams just ate up the guys in front of him, I guess. And they've got to be looking at bringing in someone like Jefferson or Tartt

15 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Having to cut good players is new to us.  Shows how well Douglas has been loading up this team.  We're almost there boys!!!!

Definitely a good sign. The problem at safety is we cut the good players and kept the bad ones. We got Whitehead. Then you have Joyner and Davis to round out the room. ?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

We're only about halfway through with the cuts, but with Pinnock and Parks gone, our safety room is as follows:

Jordan Whitehead
Lamarcus Joyner (often hurt)
Ashtyn Davis (sucks)
Tony Adams (who?)

Someone else is coming in... must be

Tony Adams UDFA from Univ of Illinois 

The 23-year old Adams is listed at 6’0” and 205 pounds and had over 200 tackles along with three sacks and six interceptions in his five seasons with the Fighting Illini.

Adams has average size and length but his combine numbers were excellent as he posted a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash, a 41.5 vertical, a 130-inch broad jump and solid strength and agility numbers. Had he posted the same numbers as a combine invitee, he’d have placed in the top-three for all attendees for short shuttle and vertical jump and fourth among defensive backs for the broad jump.

In 2018, he started off at cornerback but then ended up filling it at safety due to injuries. He started seven games and had 43 tackles including a career-best four tackles for loss.

In his junior year, Adams saw action at safety, cornerback and nickelback, recording two interceptions for the only time in his career, including one that he returned for a touchdown.

As a senior, he started off at cornerback before moving to safety for the rest of the year once again. He ended up with 51 tackles.

In 2021, he opted to return for a fifth season and he set career highs with 63 tackles and five passes defensed. He also played in a career-high 12 games, mostly at cornerback.

Adams wasn’t invited to the scouting combine but some experts thought he might be a late round pick after an impressive pro day workout.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

56 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Oh the irony. Lest we forget your takes on Michael Carter, who you felt was no better than Perine:

Just phenomenal takes. As always!

Definitely funny, you got some good rep from it but if I took the time to share all your misses, I'd break the interwebz.  haha

Now, lets go back to your original hot take before you presented the strawman and lets go back to how it was probably the dumbest sh*t I've read on this site in years, which is saying something.  Perrine was the worst pick since Hackenberg?.  lmfao  So ******* terrible, dumber than dumb, just a brain dead comment.  Becton, Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga and Denzel Mims were all taken before Perrine in the same draft.  The year before?  They took Polite in the 3rd round.  This team took Jamal Adams over Pat Mahomes and Watson and then took Marcus Maye in the 2nd but Perrine was the worst pick since Hackenberg?  Jeezus h Christ.  

Now, go stick your nose in the corner of the room and say penance, then maybe I'll allow your apology. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Wow. Both of these are surprises, I thought Pinnock was a lock. Tony Adams just ate up the guys in front of him, I guess. And they've got to be looking at bringing in someone like Jefferson or Tartt

Forgot about Adams. I didnt notice him in the games. Was he balling out?

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Ashtyn Effing Davis, really?  

I know I'm an ignorant fan who doesn't get to see ota's or TC but

I liked Riley, Parks and Pinnock all better than Davis.

Wasn't it Parks or Riley that took TB12's interception back back to him for signature?  We should have kept em just for that!!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Hope we can get him on our practice squad.

I think we will.  If someone claims him, he has to go to the active roster.  What team is going to use a roster spot on an unproven QB (no matter how good he looked in the preseason) who has no knowledge of the playbook and has not established any chemistry with WRs. 

I think the possiblity of Streveler being claimed is remote.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1