Streveler cut

That's great news!  Gives him a chance to go back to the CFL, where he belongs!

Hopefully for him, he can win back his previous job as the backup QB for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  I wouldn't count on it but I'll be pulling for him!  Worst case, I think he ends up on their PS.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I knew it was coming, but I still feel like it’s the wrong move.

- You know what White is (spot starter, decent backup and camp arm).  Streveler, by all accounts, outplayed White.  You never heard anything about him having egregious days in training camp, despite limited reps and, as meaningless as pre-season is, he definitely outplayed him there.  

- When you’re down to your QB3, your season is, by all accounts, over.  Adding on to the above, why not say “f*ck it” and see if he is anything?  Sure, he most likely isn’t, but there’s still the .1% chance he is, that doesn’t exist with White.

- The kid needed a little bit of time on the 53 to get an NFL pension.  Why not keep him and let him get it, especially when White already has one, was outplayed, and has a better chance of being signed elsewhere if he were to be cut?

Do you know if being on a practice squad goes toward an NFL pension? Because I’d bet he’s a strong candidate for the practice squad. At least for as long as Zach is out. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Do you know if being on a practice squad goes toward an NFL pension? Because I’d bet he’s a strong candidate for the practice squad. At least for as long as Zach is out. 

I don’t believe so.  Based on what I could find, I believe you have to be a part of the 53-man roster and there are a different set of benefits for “Active Practice Squad” players:

D31983D0-5F4A-4692-B0CB-67E1E6FBE57B.thumb.jpeg.09f806e5a37f75e5d36658e56a9abd5c.jpeg6E09D415-35EB-4106-8270-F1A4247B917A.thumb.jpeg.313ab44cec9aa2c3ee566cb15e506776.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I know people will be up in arms about this, and I like Streveler, but the QB3 spot is not making or breaking this team. Odds are way higher that he’s Brett Ratliff than Kurt Warner. He played against 4th string competition. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Can’t have a QB controversy.  Hack Wilson chucking INTs and the crowd chanting for Streveler.  Nope might crush the little kid.

again no QB competition 

too late they already created it by cutting him.  Now imagine Flacco starts Baltimore game, stinks up the joint and gets hurt, then come in HOF White who proceeds to finish stinking up the joint and then the rain of Boooooos and calls for Stifler

• Upvote 2