Streveler cut

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Considering the absurdity of a bunch of guys sitting on the internetz to discuss a damn football team everyday  notwithstanding, what makes this thread so much more absurd?

This thread is the equivalent of my children throwing a tantrum because I didn’t make them eat their vegetables.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Best people at every position. That's how I run my job anyway. 

People were just recently ready to sweep the #2 overall pick under the rug for a f*cking guy who hasn’t attempted a pass over 30 yards since high school.

Damn near every team in the league has a fringe roster QB who has balled out in the pre-season.

This isn’t exclusive to the Jets

I’m ready to scrap the pre-season entirely just to do away with the silly ass false hopes that it instills after people have been starved for football for 6 months.

• Upvote 1

I truly hope this kid gets picked up by NE and dominates the **** out of the division...

Chances are like 2% .. but he did everything and more asked of him and in the end he was he was told what we all knew .. he never had a chance from day 1. Instead Mr Miktoast gets his spot.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

People were just recently ready to sweep the #2 overall pick under the rug for a f*cking guy who hasn’t attempted a pass over 30 yards since high school.

Damn near every team in the league has a fringe roster QB who has balled out in the pre-season.

This isn’t exclusive to the Jets

I’m ready to scrap the pre-season entirely just to do away with the silly ass false hopes that it instills after people have been starved for football for 6 months.

I don't trust QB #'s 1 & 2 to stay healthy or perform well. Hope Zach pans out but unfortunately I have the evidence on my side, for now at least.  His draft position means ****all to me, BTW. It's like I'm catching sh*t for saying the New York Jets aren't a well run team, lol. This team sucks. Why not keep a guy who performed well, preseason or not, and seems to have some support from his teammates? 2022 is the dumbest timeline ever, I swear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't trust QB #'s 1 & 2 to stay healthy or perform well. Hope Zach pans out but unfortunately I have the evidence on my side, for now at least.  His draft position means ****all to me, BTW. It's like I'm catching sh*t for saying the New York Jets aren't a well run team, lol. This team sucks. Why not keep a guy who performed well, preseason or not, and seems to have some support from his teammates? 2022 is the dumbest timeline ever, I swear. 
.. or QB3 .. did he succumb to injury after 2 games last year?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

That’s all great and good if you don’t believe in Wilson or Flacco.

And totally understandable

But people giving one smidgeon of their day to debate Mike White vs Chris Streveler is beyond me.

If the Jets are staring down a scenario where either of these dudes is starting a meaningful game then I’ll just find some better sh*t to do with my Sunday afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

But people giving one smidgeon of their day to debate Mike White vs Chris Streveler is beyond me.

If the Jets are staring down a scenario where either of these dudes is starting a meaningful game then I’ll just find some better sh*t to do with my Sunday afternoon.

I'm with you there. My Sundays post- September have been pretty open the past few years. Luckily I live in the South.  

• Upvote 1

Which is why it's so baffling that JD was too scared to take a flyer on the guy that brought tha magic.

1 hour ago, BigGreenFan said:

Damn!  He was our BEST QB!!!

Where else are the Jets going to find a guy who was good enough to be the backup QB for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers? 

Maybe the Arizona Cardinals will pick him up.  Oh, wait ... they did want him either since they cut him last year.

britney-spears-huh.gif

You guys pick on the CFL like it's such bad football. You'd be surprised.

Strev played in a Bomber playoff game with a basically broken leg lol. Dudes a ******* legend. Winnipeg loves him. Jets fans would have too.

He's not a starting qb but he does have that certain " it " factor. A true football player. A winner. They could have built a package around him in certain situations and he would have been fun to watch. He's effective.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

That's exactly what would have happened. And JD knows it.

this is precisely why they didn’t deal a 6th for Minshew 

Didn’t want the fans calling for Mullet Jorts 

Strev is a maestro.

He’s got some magic to him.

probably not good enough to cut it in the NFL as a starter but I love what he brings to the table 

I don’t care if it was vs 4th string or not

Those TD throws were on the money 

• Upvote 2