Streveler cut

36 minutes ago, WPGBBFAN said:

You guys pick on the CFL like it's such bad football. You'd be surprised.

Strev played in a Bomber playoff game with a basically broken leg lol. Dudes a ******* legend. Winnipeg loves him. Jets fans would have too.

He's not a starting qb but he does have that certain " it " factor. A true football player. A winner. They could have built a package around him in certain situations and he would have been fun to watch. He's effective.

Oh God now the Winnipeg fanboys are popping in.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, WPGBBFAN said:

Strev played in a Bomber playoff game with a basically broken leg lol. Dudes a ******* legend. Winnipeg loves him. Jets fans would have too.

He's not a starting qb but he does have that certain " it " factor. A true football player. A winner. They could have built a package around him in certain situations and he would have been fun to watch. He's effective.

"Build a package around him in certain situations and he would be fun to watch."  That statement regarding a running QB wearing #15 who has a brief history of late game wins gives me PSTD. No thanks.

• Haha 3

For me it was always a fever dream that we would find our guy and they would see it and it would just happen, but that's not reality.  Even the guy that went from bagging groceries to a HoF career and who liked him, still wasn't screaming about getting him on the roster, just maybe on the practice squad.  If ANYBODY would be all about giving the little guy a chance you'd think it would be Kurt Warner!

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That’s all great and good if you don’t believe in Wilson or Flacco.

And totally understandable

But people giving one smidgeon of their day to debate Mike White vs Chris Streveler is beyond me.

If the Jets are staring down a scenario where either of these dudes is starting a meaningful game then I’ll just find some better sh*t to do with my Sunday afternoon.

We won 4 games with the 3 dudes we are keeping at QB.  The bald brothers didn't have the balls to try and change it up.

Good point on on the plan B.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Do we have a Preseason Heartthrob Thread?  Maybe something like an "All Preseason Team" over the years.  Throw guys like Clowney, Brooks Bollinger, Greg Dortch on there, etc.

can we get 80 to do a 5 greatest crap players Jets fans thought were great poll ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WPGBBFAN said:

Y'all don't even have fourth down. What a mistake!

• Haha 1

As I said before in another Forum, something funny is going on in Florham Park.  I have always thought that Woody gave the FO a rough time about their investments.  It is tough for the Jets to "cut bait" on "sunk costs." 

I guess you could argue that QB3 playing this season is not an unreasonable assumption, given ZW's history and Joe Flacco being 37 years old.  Streveler can obviously play a little bit and would have been a nice bone to throw to the fans.  We fans are usually on the mark with this team, and the overwhelming fan sentiment has been to keep Streveler over White.   

I for one would like to see Streveler on the PS and actually see him play in a few games.  But in today's NFL where teams really do not want to keep three QBs on the 53, I do agree that the chances of another team picking him up are low. 

But this should be the last year that Joe Flacco is on this team, and probably MW as well.  I think at this point the Jets have to start using 2 and 3 round draft picks to find a backup/successor QB.  They would be much cheaper than Flacco and White, who cost $5mm+ combined. 

10 hours ago, WPGBBFAN said:

And yet he doesn’t play for Winnipeg.  

• Haha 1

People losing their minds over a 27 year old dude who's been on 5 teams in 4 years. Why can't people understand results in the preseason games (especially 4th quarter of pre-season games) mean nothing. Coaches learn more in practice against players that will actually make NFL teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1