Jump to content

Streveler cut


Jetsfan80
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Morrissey said:

how about someone this century?

What?   So if Brady or Montana came out of the CFL we would discount them?  lol  

Most likely, you never saw Moon play.   No doubt one of the most gifted QBs ever.   The guy could sling it.   Moon's socks had more game than Steveler.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What?   So if Brady or Montana came out of the CFL we would discount them?  lol  

Most likely, you never saw Moon play.   No doubt one of the most gifted QBs ever.   The guy could sling it.   Moon's socks had more game than Steveler.

the point was it's rare for a player to come from CFL and make an impact in NFL. Warren Moon payed a long freaking time ago.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

We won 4 games with the 3 dudes we are keeping at QB.  The bald brothers didn't have the balls to try and change it up.

Good point on on the plan B.

Good plan. Let's change QBs every 4 weeks. And the QBs win and lose games all by themselves? The rest of the roster means nothing?    

  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

the point was it's rare for a player to come from CFL and make an impact in NFL. Warren Moon payed a long freaking time ago.

Fair.  The post came off as dismissive of Moon because he played a while back.  I'd agree that the CFL doesn't produce a ton of NFL level QBs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joe F is the guy that needs to go-he is beyond washed 

our current regime would have cut wayne chrebet without question

not sure what else this guy had to do to earn a spot-I hope for him he gets a shot on another team and turns into Kurt Warner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe F is the guy that needs to go-he is beyond washed 

our current regime would have cut wayne chrebet without question

not sure what else this guy had to do to earn a spot-I hope for him he gets a shot on another team and turns into Kurt Warner

I laugh at the people who are excited at Flacco's preseason, thinking that he's going to be 1998 Vinny.  I mean, I hope they get the last laugh but I just don't see it.  It really makes me question Saleh at how enthusiastic he is over Flacco.  I don't know what the heck he's seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

What?   So if Brady or Montana came out of the CFL we would discount them?  lol  

Most likely, you never saw Moon play.   No doubt one of the most gifted QBs ever.   The guy could sling it.   Moon's socks had more game than Steveler.

You’re not trying to say Strev is equal to Moon… are you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh's talent evaluation skills comes into question; Flacco sucks, White sucks, ZW is still questionable

Streveler was never really given a chance and succeeded as best preseason QB in spite of Jets mgmt. Probably their worst nightmare. It comes down to money all ready spent.

If they keep Hardee, Curry and Shepard on roster as well it will really be head scratchers and question this coaching staff direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigB said:

Saleh's talent evaluation skills comes into question; Flacco sucks, White sucks, ZW is still questionable

Streveler was never really given a chance and succeeded as best preseason QB in spite of Jets mgmt. Probably their worst nightmare. It comes down to money all ready spent.

If they keep Hardee, Curry and Shepard on roster as well it will really be head scratchers and question this coaching staff direction.

You think cutting Matt Streveler is what calls this regime’s talent evaluation into question?  Not the thousand previous whiff moves?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

You think cutting Matt Streveler is what calls this regime’s talent evaluation into question?  Not the thousand previous whiff moves?

You mean Chris Streveler. No, he was always going to be cut and just somebody to play QB in preseason but he made plays unlike our current QB group. My point being lets see who they finally cut and put on PS but Saleh just has his favorites. Coaches need to make right decisions for team and not who they are friends with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Flacco is absolutely done. Not sure why they’re wasting a roster spot on him.

Its very simple , if the Jets play Mike White and he lights it up that puts a ton of pressure on both the organization and Zach Wilson. If Flacco on the other hand plays well it really only puts pressure on Zach to be able to lead this team on sustained drives. What this organization does not want is chants of Mike White if Zach struggles his first few games back.

I think they know what they have in White but they feel they have to give Zach every chance to succeed and that's understandable since he's the young #2 overall pick.  

I will say this , if this team comes out flat and Flacco is  his usual slow motion self the Jets better consider bringing White in the game so we don't let the first game of the season get flushed down the toilet watching the offense sputter.

This coaching staff needs to grow some balls playing Flacco in game one is a monumental mistake in every way possible so what I laid out above has to be the way they are thinking. Fan's screaming at a coaching staff is a sure fire way for a coach to land his ass on the hot seat.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

You’re not trying to say Strev is equal to Moon… are you?

Did the post really come across that way?  I was saying to say the opposite; that it didn't matter if a QB had played a long time ago.  I used Moon as an example of a great former CFL player.  And that Steveler was not in the same universe talent wise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I laugh at the people who are excited at Flacco's preseason, thinking that he's going to be 1998 Vinny.  I mean, I hope they get the last laugh but I just don't see it.  It really makes me question Saleh at how enthusiastic he is over Flacco.  I don't know what the heck he's seeing.

 

Saleh is just vocal about supporting players who show up and work. Look at the video in the locker room after the last preaseason game. Saleh was in there hyping up Streveler almost certainly knowing that guy was getting cut this week. 

I've never been enthusiastic about Flacco but let's hope he plays a handful of games looking to prove something and delivers a few wins.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, pointman said:

I logged off yesterday to cool off. Today, I am no less hot than I was. I legit cannot believe how we do the same mistakes over and over. Its amazing. GM changes. Coach changes. But the same mistakes don't. A. MA. ZING. FIRE EVERYBODY.

starship troopers im from buenos aires and i say kill em all GIF

You were seriously that upset?  I assumed at least some of that was tongue-in-cheek (which is what it was for me).  I'm confident that if you look back at this a few games into the season you'll almost certainly laugh at taking it that seriously.  Preseason football is a joke.  Aside from the coaches playing 3rd and 4th stringers, they also use vanilla schemes. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

 

Saleh is just vocal about supporting players who show up and work. Look at the video in the locker room after the last preaseason game. Saleh was in there hyping up Streveler almost certainly knowing that guy was getting cut this week. 

I've never been enthusiastic about Flacco but let's hope he plays a handful of games looking to prove something and delivers a few wins.

I don't think Streveler ever had a chance to make the team.  QB1, QB2, and QB3 were locked in before camp even started and the Jets just needed a camp arm.  Streveler sure made it interesting though, and I think that surprised everyone.  One of the reasons that the players like Saleh is that he sees it as his job to help players reach their full potential and get praise/paid for the work they do, even if it ends up being for another team (his "put it on tape" mantra).   I think his hyping of Streveler was genuine, even knowing he wasn't going to stick on the Jets' active roster, and if Streveler ends up somewhere where he can make a contribution, Saleh will be genuinely happy for him and happy to have played a role in getting him there.

Having said that, I'm still hoping that Streveler clears waivers and signs to the Jets practice squad.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, pointman said:

I can't wait til Saleh gets fired. Blow this thing up.

Over Streveler? Really? The team needs to get blown up because they released a 4th string QB? Also, while I am sure Saleh gets a ton of input, the decision is really JD's to make.

I loved Streveler, but to be fair if ZW is healthy - no body cares about the 3rd string QB, and I would have preferred Strev. But, if ZW isn't healthy week 1, you are down to two QBs - you probably want the guy who has had more practice time on the team. I wouldn't worry too much; one ZW is healthy, they may release White too and they both may be on the practice squad.

Not sure I fly a plane to unseat the HC over a 3rd string QB decisions, however.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You were seriously that upset?  I assumed at least some of that was tongue-in-cheek (which is what it was for me).  I'm confident that if you look back at this a few games into the season you'll almost certainly laugh at taking it that seriously.  Preseason football is a joke.  Aside from the coaches playing 3rd and 4th stringers, they also use vanilla schemes. 

Nah, tongue in cheek. But annoyed. Its frustrating seeing the dunce brigade running the same stuff over and over again. I am just not high on Flacco or White. I just don't see this season going all that well. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Over Streveler? Really? The team needs to get blown up because they released a 4th string QB? Also, while I am sure Saleh gets a ton of input, the decision is really JD's to make.

I loved Streveler, but to be fair if ZW is healthy - no body cares about the 3rd string QB, and I would have preferred Strev. But, if ZW isn't healthy week 1, you are down to two QBs - you probably want the guy who has had more practice time on the team. I wouldn't worry too much; one ZW is healthy, they may release White too and they both may be on the practice squad.

Not sure I fly a plane to unseat the HC over a 3rd string QB decisions, however.

Over the same stuff. Where is the growth? Where is the giving the best guy the chance. Zach is qb1, of course. White and Flacco are what they are. We know what they are, and it isn't qb2 level play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...