Streveler cut

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Over the same stuff. Where is the growth? Where is the giving the best guy the chance. Zach is qb1, of course. White and Flacco are what they are. We know what they are, and it isn't qb2 level play. 

I get that, wasn't happy about Yabooah (although I can't spell his name so it may be for the best) - but you can't keep everyone. They are taking some chances - released Edoga, finally got rid of Westoc - kept WR turned TE Cager over him; kept Knight over Perine (previous draft pick). They have kept some promising players in leu of Vets and Draft picks.

Again, a JD thing, but part of the reason not holding on to more promising players is that the depth is much better than last year. Also, do forget, they will sign back a bunch of these players to the practice squad.

52 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I get that, wasn't happy about Yabooah (although I can't spell his name so it may be for the best) - but you can't keep everyone. They are taking some chances - released Edoga, finally got rid of Westoc - kept WR turned TE Cager over him; kept Knight over Perine (previous draft pick). They have kept some promising players in leu of Vets and Draft picks.

Again, a JD thing, but part of the reason not holding on to more promising players is that the depth is much better than last year. Also, do forget, they will sign back a bunch of these players to the practice squad.

I know. Its tough this time of year (although easier for this team than most). But when you cut someone who has clearly shown a ton of talent and promise, as opposed to the stale garbo in front of him, its just not a comforting look. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I know. Its tough this time of year (although easier for this team than most). But when you cut someone who has clearly shown a ton of talent and promise, as opposed to the stale garbo in front of him, its just not a comforting look. 

Yep, I get it. Hopefully will stick to practice squad and next year ... but who knows.

• Upvote 1

I don’t wish injury on anyone…  but I would like to see Streveler called up for the three games that would give him his NFL pension. I know it’s important to him, and it would be nice for the Jets to get it to him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1