The awful Carton and Roberts interview Robert Saleh

He’s such a likable coach, really hope it works out for him and the teams sake.

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions without dumbing down with sophmoric attempts at humor that miss the mark

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i dont want ******* likeable...show me some wins then maybe Ill like him

Well you March on down to 1JD and scream it loud as can be.

We can’t have a coach that we root for to succeed?  Missed the part where I said I hope he works out?  Have any idea what the point was other than to win?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

EXACTLY…. Most Giants players disliked Parcells.  

They also hated Joe Judge. It can go either way. 

Just win. If you win and your players hate you, they'll still respect you and buy into your system. If your players love you and you win, that's the best of both worlds. Bottom like is just win and your personality doesn't matter. Rex was a players coach. Run through walls for him, rah rah rah. That was great when he was winning with Mangini's roster. When his drafting input inevitably ran the team into the ground, players loving him didn't mean anything. 

• Upvote 3

Saleh was not very good last year. I understand the roster was weak and they had a rookie QB but nothing he did  gave me any confidence he can get the job done. His team looked woefully unprepared, he looked like a deer in headlights on the sideline, and his defense was the worst in the league. Stop the "all gas no brakes" bullsh*t and start winning some games with your improved roster. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I don't know that I'd allow Carton access to my franchise after he asked the starting QB what it's like to have such a hot mom.  Might be the creepiest thing I've heard in what's supposed to be a legitimate interview.

And he's a douche.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh was not very good last year. I understand the roster was weak and they had a rookie QB but nothing he did  gave me any confidence he can get the job done. His team looked woefully unprepared, he looked like a deer in headlights on the sideline, and his defense was the worst in the league. Stop the "all gas no brakes" bullsh*t and start winning some games with your improved roster. 

This x100

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s such a likable coach, really hope it works out for him and the teams sake.

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions without dumbing down with sophmoric attempts at humor that miss the mark

Saleh is in way over his head.  Nice guy or not

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

I don't know that I'd allow Carton access to my franchise after he asked the starting QB what it's like to have such a hot mom.  Might be the creepiest thing I've heard in what's supposed to be a legitimate interview.

And he's a douche.

Carton trying to be a pre-Hollywood Howard Stern is as creepy as it gets

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

And he's a douche.

So what was Wilson's answer?

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions

Going to have to listen to this interview solely to find out what questions @Jet Nut considers to be “tough” when it comes to Jets personnel. “Which of the four wins do you feel most prepared this team for a Super Bowl run?”

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Saleh is in way over his head.  Nice guy or not

Initially I was going to make the subject line "The awful Carton and Roberts interview the awful Robert Saleh" but (despite not being optimistic about him) I still want to give Saleh a 2nd year before making a judgment like that.

• Thumb Down 1