Jump to content

The awful Carton and Roberts interview Robert Saleh


TuscanyTile2
 Share

Recommended Posts

He’s such a likable coach, really hope it works out for him and the teams sake.

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions without dumbing down with sophmoric attempts at humor that miss the mark

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, southparkcpa said:

EXACTLY…. Most Giants players disliked Parcells.  

everybody hates BB even up in MA - where I have friends and relatives...they just shrug and say yeah thats just how he is  - who cares as long as he keeps winning

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i dont want ******* likeable...show me some wins then maybe Ill like him

Well you March on down to 1JD and scream it loud as can be.

We can’t have a coach that we root for to succeed?  Missed the part where I said I hope he works out?  Have any idea what the point was other than to win?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Well you March on down to 1JD and scream it loud as can be.

We can’t have a coach that we root for to succeed?  Missed the part where I said I hope he works out?  Have any idea what the point was other than to win?

WTF are u babbling

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

EXACTLY…. Most Giants players disliked Parcells.  

Which has what to do with Saleh comes off likable in interviews? 
Players loved Walsh and others who won too.  So what

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

WTF are u babbling

That you’re not making a stitch of sense and are the one babbling.  
I said he come off likable, wants an invite for some mindless rant

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

EXACTLY…. Most Giants players disliked Parcells.  

They also hated Joe Judge. It can go either way. 

Just win. If you win and your players hate you, they'll still respect you and buy into your system. If your players love you and you win, that's the best of both worlds. Bottom like is just win and your personality doesn't matter. Rex was a players coach. Run through walls for him, rah rah rah. That was great when he was winning with Mangini's roster. When his drafting input inevitably ran the team into the ground, players loving him didn't mean anything. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh was not very good last year. I understand the roster was weak and they had a rookie QB but nothing he did  gave me any confidence he can get the job done. His team looked woefully unprepared, he looked like a deer in headlights on the sideline, and his defense was the worst in the league. Stop the "all gas no brakes" bullsh*t and start winning some games with your improved roster. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

everybody hates BB even up in MA - where I have friends and relatives...they just shrug and say yeah thats just how he is  - who cares as long as he keeps winning

where do you live?... Cuba? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know that I'd allow Carton access to my franchise after he asked the starting QB what it's like to have such a hot mom.  Might be the creepiest thing I've heard in what's supposed to be a legitimate interview.

 

And he's a douche.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh was not very good last year. I understand the roster was weak and they had a rookie QB but nothing he did  gave me any confidence he can get the job done. His team looked woefully unprepared, he looked like a deer in headlights on the sideline, and his defense was the worst in the league. Stop the "all gas no brakes" bullsh*t and start winning some games with your improved roster. 

This x100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s such a likable coach, really hope it works out for him and the teams sake.

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions without dumbing down with sophmoric attempts at humor that miss the mark

Saleh is in way over his head.  Nice guy or not

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

I don't know that I'd allow Carton access to my franchise after he asked the starting QB what it's like to have such a hot mom.  Might be the creepiest thing I've heard in what's supposed to be a legitimate interview.

 

And he's a douche.

Carton trying to be a pre-Hollywood Howard Stern is as creepy as it gets

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

I don't know that I'd allow Carton access to my franchise after he asked the starting QB what it's like to have such a hot mom.  Might be the creepiest thing I've heard in what's supposed to be a legitimate interview.

 

And he's a douche.

So what was Wilson's answer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Carton and Roberts never have been better, that was a great interview, asked all the tough questions

Going to have to listen to this interview solely to find out what questions @Jet Nut considers to be “tough” when it comes to Jets personnel. “Which of the four wins do you feel most prepared this team for a Super Bowl run?”

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Saleh is in way over his head.  Nice guy or not

Initially I was going to make the subject line "The awful Carton and Roberts interview the awful Robert Saleh" but (despite not being optimistic about him) I still want to give Saleh a 2nd year before making a judgment like that.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...