Keep 2, Cut 2 - What would you have done differently if you were JD? Swap out two guys who were kept for two guys who were cut.

Cut:

A. Davis: just does not show anything

Vinny Curry: nice story but hardly on field

Justin Hardee: save $ and just ST player

Keep:

Jason Pinnock: need another safety and its not Davis

Javelin Guidry: need another Nickel

Chuma Edoga: need someone as backup OT

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

who is our FB? i think Wesco was the backup FB....now he is gone...i dont think any of those TE's can play that role can they?

Ruckert if they don't add anyone else.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Every year I’m worried a guy the Jets cut will become a player elsewhere but then I think about how often that has actually happened and I feel a little better.

We are coming up on the 12th anniversary of the Jets releasing Danny Woodhead.

I can't think of a more recent example.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

The one guy who I bet wishes was cut was Jeremy Kerley. He would’ve been Julian Edelman on the Pats…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

IIRC, the Jets didn't even want to cut Woodhead.  They needed to make a roster move for some other player and I think they were hoping he'd clear waivers.  The end result is the same but at least it's not like the Jets didn't value the player.

I couldn't stand how much Woodhead loved stomping on the Jets though.  We still were the team that gave him his first opportunity in the league.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, the Jets didn't even want to cut Woodhead.  They needed to make a roster move for some other player and I think they were hoping he'd clear waivers.  The end result is the same but at least it's not like the Jets didn't value the player.

I couldn't stand how much Woodhead loved stomping on the Jets though.  We still were the team that gave him his first opportunity in the league.

It’s always this way — players bring the extra juice against their former teams, regardless of the reason they left.

13 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, gonna see some bottom of the roster churn over the next couple days. Probably a returnee or two to the 53. 

Pretty sure the churn part is true.  Several things from yesterday don't make sense to me so pretty sure I don't know the master plan...

Notably 4 safeties / 4 LBs for a 4-3 defense. 

Only keep max as a swing tackle

Having no nickel back up