Jump to content

Why he’s my favorite QB


Green Ghost
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hope Mayfield destroys the Browns, and that his and Watson’s careers go in opposite directions from that day forward. I hope Watson’s contract drags that franchise into the sewer. 
 
But I’m feeling a little opinionated today, so…
I'm torn .. but in the end agree ...

Douchebag vs Sexual Assaulting Pervert

Gotta go with Douchebag

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'm torn .. but in the end agree ...

Douchebag vs Sexual Assaulting Pervert

Gotta go with Douchebag

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

Aaron Rodgers is a douchebag. He didn’t even call his mother to check in on her when her house was destroyed after the California wildfire and hasn’t talked to anyone in his immediate family for years.

But from a football perspective, I don’t care.

Criminals are a different story.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Do we need to pull Staffords stats ... guys here were actually bashing him emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji6.pngemoji23.png
Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

The lack of understanding and accounting for the uncontrollable forces controlling wins / losses and general QB performance exhibited by a good portion of JN posters is astounding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Aaron Rodgers is a douchebag. He didn’t even call his mother to check in on her when her house was destroyed after the California wildfire and hasn’t talked to anyone in his immediate family for years.

 

You're ignoring the possability that douchebagger is an inherited trait.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You're ignoring the possability that douchebagger is an inherited trait.  

If Rodgers hated say -- his mother -- but had a relationship with his other family, I'd agree that maybe there is an underlying reason. But as my grandma used to say, if you have a problem with everyone, the solution starts in the mirror. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I used to get a lot of flak here for sticking up for Baker Mayfield and telling everyone how much better he was than Sam Darnold.

Now he’s the QB of the team whose games are televised locally every week where I live. Life is good!!!

Baker on playing against the Browns in week one…

9B708300-FD3B-4549-A8EB-974D84B5214D.jpeg

Looks like you got a brand spanking new backup team! 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Rodgers hated say -- his mother -- but had a relationship with his other family, I'd agree that maybe there is an underlying reason. But as my grandma used to say, if you have a problem with everyone, the solution starts in the mirror. 

 

I think that is largely true but it certainly isnt absolute.

I have seen examples of highly successful people who refuse to provide financial support to their able siblings, parent etc. and are hated for it.

Is it possible this is Aaron Rogers situation? Who knows.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I think that is largely true but it certainly isnt absolute.

I have seen examples of highly successful people who refuse to provide financial support to their able siblings, parent etc. and are hated for it.

Is it possible this is Aaron Rogers situation? Who knows.

 

Just because a thing isn’t absolutely provable doesn’t mean you check common sense at the door and throw you hands up and say “who can ever really know?”

He hasn’t talked to his siblings, mother or father since 2014. Odds are so much higher that he got famous and forgot where he came from (read: douche) than that all of these people committed a transgression against him worthy of a relationship death sentence. His brother has also publicly called out for reconciliation several times. Aaron Rodgers never commented on this except once he did say he “believes in forgiveness and maybe one day a relationship is possible” when pressed on his familial situation, which is him saying “every one of my family members wronged me and require my forgiveness to have a relationship.” It’s just not likely.

Again, i don’t want to turn this into a debate whether Rodgers is a “good kid,” or not — the point is why should sports fans give a fugg? I’d take him on the Jets in a heartbeat and I’m fully convinced as much as one can be without direct first-hand knowledge that he’s a sh*tty human.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s incredible is people comparing QB numbers from 25 year+ ago to today and find it shocking that they don’t match up 

I think the basic point being made was that we have essentially had like 4 or 5 elite QB seasons in our entire history. 
 

In the 30ish years that I have been watching the Jets, we’ve had 3: 98 Vinny, 2002 Chad, and 2015 Fitz.

It’s just remarkable how bad our QB play has been over the years.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the basic point being made was that we have essentially had like 4 or 5 elite QB seasons in our entire history. 
 

In the 30ish years that I have been watching the Jets, we’ve had 3: 98 Vinny, 2002 Chad, and 2015 Fitz.

It’s just remarkable how bad our QB play has been over the years.  

 

Our QB barometer is definitely miscalibrated through no fault of our own. Interestingly, this miscalibration manifests itself it two completely contradictory ways:

-Some are reluctant to “give up” on a guy who shows any glimmer of hope (e.g., Geno’s “perfect passer rating” game or Sam’s slightly-better final few weeks of his rookie year). They are sick and tired of what they see as haters trying to destroy any seed of hope.

-While others have taken the opposite approach — identify failure quickly and onto the next— they have just seen this movie so many times and can quote the excuses that will come verbatim.

The commonality is that both “camps” are passionate Jets fans and it’s our emotional investment in the team’s long-term success that drives the opposite approaches. Neither is a “better” or “realer” fan.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just because a thing isn’t absolutely provable doesn’t mean you check common sense at the door and throw you hands up and say “who can ever really know?”

He hasn’t talked to his siblings, mother or father since 2014. Odds are so much higher that he got famous and forgot where he came from (read: douche) than that all of these people committed a transgression against him worthy of a relationship death sentence. His brother has also publicly called out for reconciliation several times. Aaron Rodgers never commented on this except once he did say he “believes in forgiveness and maybe one day a relationship is possible” when pressed on his familial situation, which is him saying “every one of my family members wronged me and require my forgiveness to have a relationship.” It’s just not likely.

Again, i don’t want to turn this into a debate whether Rodgers is a “good kid,” or not — the point is why should sports fans give a fugg? I’d take him on the Jets in a heartbeat and I’m fully convinced as much as one can be without direct first-hand knowledge that he’s a sh*tty human.

I am convinced of nothing without direct first hand knowledge.

Now fight me. Word of caution, protect those green balls of yours.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is.  Kenny O had 1 season, Chad had 1 season, Vinny had 1 season.
Joe had his 4000 yard season, but also threw more ints than TDs almost every year.
That's the history of the NY Jets since 1970, every 10 to 15 years some QB has a good season.
Favre had about 3/4 of a season

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I am actually rooting for this to happen.

Baker is contemptible but certainly less so than Watson.  The Browns deserve to lose 17 games in a row.

Actually they deserve to loose 13-14 games every year - so they can never get another #1 pick. but long loosing streaks, like 14-17 games works for me too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just because a thing isn’t absolutely provable doesn’t mean you check common sense at the door and throw you hands up and say “who can ever really know?”

He hasn’t talked to his siblings, mother or father since 2014. Odds are so much higher that he got famous and forgot where he came from (read: douche) than that all of these people committed a transgression against him worthy of a relationship death sentence. His brother has also publicly called out for reconciliation several times. Aaron Rodgers never commented on this except once he did say he “believes in forgiveness and maybe one day a relationship is possible” when pressed on his familial situation, which is him saying “every one of my family members wronged me and require my forgiveness to have a relationship.” It’s just not likely.

Again, i don’t want to turn this into a debate whether Rodgers is a “good kid,” or not — the point is why should sports fans give a fugg? I’d take him on the Jets in a heartbeat and I’m fully convinced as much as one can be without direct first-hand knowledge that he’s a sh*tty human.

There were rumors at the time that the reason Rodgers has turned his back on his family is because his family had racial issues with him dating a Japanese woman. He's probably a stuck-up hipster snob, but he does tons for charities, the community, and speaks on social issues. Would seem odd then that a person who is always talking about love and harmony and kindness would be the opposite to his own family unless there was a valid reason for it. To someone like him, maybe his family being racist towards his then-gf was enough. And maybe that is still some form of d-bag, but it's a different form.

Either way, agreed that as fans, it shouldn't have anything to do with anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think the basic point being made was that we have essentially had like 4 or 5 elite QB seasons in our entire history. 
 

In the 30ish years that I have been watching the Jets, we’ve had 3: 98 Vinny, 2002 Chad, and 2015 Fitz.

It’s just remarkable how bad our QB play has been over the years.  

 

Don’t disagree.  That’s the way the league has been the majority of the time I’ve been watching.  
Doesn’t change the fact that no one should be comparing numbers from different eras.  It’s two different games, especially at QB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I think the basic point being made was that we have essentially had like 4 or 5 elite QB seasons in our entire history. 
 

In the 30ish years that I have been watching the Jets, we’ve had 3: 98 Vinny, 2002 Chad, and 2015 Fitz.

It’s just remarkable how bad our QB play has been over the years.  

 

lol, elite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...