Jets seeking a fourth for Mims, rebuffed

T0mShane

I dunno what to make of the Mims situation. I  don't think it's uncommon for a new coaching staff to find a high profile player to make an example of (I remember Pete Kendall) for reasons that may or may not be valid. He was pretty terrible when he played last year but there's obvious talent there. Salah does seem very hardline on scheme fit and by all accounts, Mims is a bit of a square peg.

Of course, this is this guy's take. Who knows how true it is. Would it really take a 4th? Why a 4th? Jets have a cheap player that wants to play and busted his butt all off season to get into the best shape he has ever been. Why give that up for 4th that most likely won't work out? What are we going to get for a 4th? a starting OL? a starting safety?

You don't build a team by trading #2 picks for a fourth. They guys wants to play - use that as a carrot to get him to bust his butt all season. He will either climb the depth charts or push the others to achieve more. 

If the Jets are out of it before the trade deadline and he still hasn't panned out, then you can trade him. In the meantime, let's try to win some games with good WR depth.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Of course, this is this guy's take. Who knows how true it is. Would it really take a 4th? Why a 4th? Jets have a cheap player that wants to play and busted his butt all off season to get into the best shape he has ever been. Why give that up for 4th that most likely won't work out? What are we going to get for a 4th? a starting OL? a starting safety?

You don't build a team by trading #2 picks for a fourth. They guys wants to play - use that as a carrot to get him to bust his butt all season. He will either climb the depth charts or push the others to achieve more. 

If the Jets are out of it before the trade deadline and he still hasn't panned out, then you can trade him. In the meantime, let's try to win some games with good WR depth.

B/c he’s worth a 7th, that’s why.  It doesn’t make sense for douglas to trade him unless he feels he gets a great deal.  So if he’s asking for a 4th that says a lot.  

Saleh said mims is a top 6 wr on the team, which means’ he’s 6th, which means they like 5 guys more than him.  So he’s really not seeing the field this year unless there’s a rash of injuries, and he’s most certainly not on the team next year either.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

B/c he’s worth a 7th, that’s why.  It doesn’t make sense for douglas to trade him unless he feels he gets a great deal.  So if he’s asking for a 4th that says a lot.  

Saleh said mims is a top 6 wr on the team, which means’ he’s 6th, which means they like 5 guys more than him.  So he’s really not seeing the field this year unless there’s a rash of injuries, and he’s most certainly not on the team next year either.

Actually his quote said that and then he went on to say that he brings things that other WRs don't and it depends on the game plan , blah, blah, blah - IOW he is making this roster, but hey...

The Pats got a 2024 7th round pick for N’Keal Harry.

And despite being a huge bust and carrying a bigger contract, in games that actually matter, he still has managed to reach paydirt 4 times compared to Mims’ zero. Expecting anything more than that is just goofy.

Mims has seemingly bought himself another year with the Jets, but anyone who thinks this guy is catching more than 10 balls this year (while committing at least half as many penalties) as the #5 wideout on the depth chart is kidding themselves.

I’ve loved the majority of JD’s roster moves to date, but Mims having a good game against a bunch of nobodies who have no future in the NFL doesn’t change my opinion.

I still would’ve rather had a Charles Irvin or Calvin Jackson make the 53.

• Upvote 2