Jets seeking a fourth for Mims, rebuffed

T0mShane

38 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Interesting, Pro day numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt.  FWWI, this is what I read on him and it certainly plays out that way when you watch him move as he clearly lacks burst.

RAS of 8.42 which is ok for his size for sure but some of that is tilted because he a great 127″ broad jump. However, his vertical jump of 32.5″ which I can probably hit.  In terms of speed, 10 and 20-yard split times of 1.56 and 2.63, respectively is very meh. His low 40 time was a 4.68 and he tested average in the 3-cone drill with a time of 6.97 with a time of 4.31 in the 20-yard shuttle which is not good.  So he's not fast, not really quick, not really explosive and not really agile and he plays WR.  There is reason he went undrafted and more than likely, never play a down in the NFL.

Honestly, he might want to take a page out of Cager's book and transition TE.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Interesting, Pro day numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt.  FWWI, this is what I read on him and it certainly plays out that way when you watch him move as he clearly lacks burst.

RAS of 8.42 which is ok for his size for sure but some of that is tilted because he a great 127″ broad jump. However, his vertical jump of 32.5″ which I can probably hit.  In terms of speed, 10 and 20-yard split times of 1.56 and 2.63, respectively is very meh. His low 40 time was a 4.68 and he tested average in the 3-cone drill with a time of 6.97 with a time of 4.31 in the 20-yard shuttle which is not good.  So he's not fast, not really quick, not really explosive and not really agile and he plays WR.  There is reason he went undrafted and more than likely, never play a down in the NFL.

Honestly, he might want to take a page out of Cager's book and transition TE.

somehow I knew this was going to be response "Interesting, Pro day numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt. " and maybe so but he didn't seem slow to me and was consistently making plays throughout the summer.  Not saying he is Cory Davis good or anything like that and probably needs a year just glad he on PS.

He was a 4-star recruit who had academic issues and sounds like something else was going on there where he may have made some mistakes but who doesn't...I'm rooting for him

• Upvote 1

I woulda been disappointed if JD shipped Mims out for a 4th. Maybe a 4th that can go to a 2nd with yards, catches, etc.

I get he wasn't good his first two. But remember, as a rookie he pulled a hammie and missed TC. Terrible for a rookie. Then, he pulled his other hammie and missed like the first 4 games? Even then, he was Sam's go to a surprising amount of throws.

Then, his 2nd season (Zack's first) Mims caught a terrible bout of food poisoning. Knocked him on his ass and missed yet another TC, and he lost like 20 pounds. Then, he caught COVID! and missed even more games.

So ya, his first 2 weren't great. But he seemed on top and ready for year 3, only to be at the bottom of the pecking order with zero first team reps. But let this season play out. If he can stay focused, he can be a big help to the roster as injuries to others pile up. 

I'm glad we still have him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

True story.

I was once on set with Alyssa Milano.

Thought about trying to talk to her figured why bother. 100% chance of getting rebuffed.

You can't just let this sit. Was she as sexy/beautiful as she appears on screen?  

I rode a subway once with Phoebe Cates wearing jodhpurs.   She was stunning.  Literally took my breath away.

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You can't just let this sit. Was she as sexy/beautiful as she appears on screen?  

I rode a subway once with Phoebe Cates wearing jodhpurs.   She was stunning.  Literally took my breath away.

Yeah, beautiful.  She has that signature look.

I live in LA.  Years ago, while between jobs, I spent like 6 months doing "work" as an extra.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is really cute, too.  Didn't realize how short she was until seeing her in person.  I noticed they'd put her in these thick platform shoes to make her look taller onscreen.

Was on set for a bunch of different movies and TV shows.  You get pretty close to the actors at times but the unspoken rule is basically you don't say anything to them unless they happen to speak to you first.

I remember Janeane Garofalo looking depressed on the set of 24.  Maybe it was just a bad day at the office.

I talked to the guy from Major League ("Cerrano") once.  Dennis Haysbert.  He was cool, nice guy.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah, beautiful.  She has that signature look.

I live in LA.  Years ago, while between jobs, I spent like 6 months doing "work" as an extra.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is really cute, too.  Didn't realize how short she was until seeing her in person.  I noticed they'd put her in these thick platform shoes to make her look taller onscreen.

Was on set for a bunch of different movies and TV shows.  You get pretty close to the actors at times but the unspoken rule is basically you don't say anything to them unless they happen to speak to you first.

I remember Janeane Garofalo looking depressed on the set of 24.  Maybe it was just a bad day at the office.

I talked to the guy from Major League ("Cerrano") once.  Dennis Haysbert.  He was cool, nice guy.

Yeah, you were between jobs.  But those are moments most would kill to have.  A glimpse into the Hollywood world.   Thanks for posting your remembrances.

at some time potential has an expiration date. Im glad we are not giving him away for free, and I know they have faith in him as a player than can start in this league, maybe he is on the cusp of putting it all together too, idk. i just am at the point where i dont want him on the team after this year if he cant make it happen. Hopefully he will be able to not drop passes, not line up wrong and not suck in his opportunities. Cause he is going ot have them this year, he is going to get some opportunities for sure.

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, you were between jobs.  But those are moments most would kill to have.  A glimpse into the Hollywood world.   Thanks for posting your remembrances.

Anytime!  I could go on... It was fun at times, but not exactly something you can make a living doing :)

When you start out you quickly realize it's all about trying to get a SAG card. 

There's this bad system where you have to get 3 SAG vouchers to get a membership.  The staff can give them out to whoever they want.  The other way to get into SAG is if they happen to give you a line.

I remember meeting a girl who said (dirtbag) Kevin Spacey randomly told the director to give her a line.  So she got in.

Once you're in the union, you get 1.5x or 2x or whatever it was, I forget.  Otherwise, you get the minimum, which was like $8/hr.

As you might imagine, most of the women you see on or around the set are pretty good-looking. 

I mean most of the female extras are attractive girls in their late teens or early twenties trying to make some kind of career even though they know it's such a long shot.