Timmy Trumpet puts on a show at Citifield. Jets need their own stadium!

Nixhead

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Meh ... Stadium should stay and NJ as close to the training facility as possible. There are a number of locations that would work.

The dream of the Franchise going back to LI is a dream that is over. (thankfully-- Shea was a DUMP)

I remember when Shea opened.   You have to have context.  National league baseball was played in the Polo Grounds and Yankee stadium at that time had stanchens all around the stadium that blocked the view of the field.  It was a dump in a decaying neighborhood and access by Subway was scary for decades.   

1964 the area around Shea hosted the NY Worlds fair.  It was at the time beautiful.  The fair grounds and Shea Stadium were beautiful.  The walk up from the LI railroad or the subway was safe, easy and plenty of young fans were able to safely attend day games without adult supervision.   Fans could go to baseball games and see the entire playing field from any seat without obstruction.  It was clean and modern.  I remeber the 3 day games against the Orioles in the WS.  The place was absolutely rocking.  It had great access by rail.

The entire area went to seed including the stadium.  I've been to Citi field a few times.  The sight lines in Shea were better to actually watch a game, especially down the first base line.

60's architecture had a very short shelf life.  In it's day Shea was fantastic for baseball and that's what it was built for.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Yankees were a complete dumpster fire when CBS owned them.  They were close to insolvent.  It's all about ownership.  The Mets will never have the Yankees national appeal or their history.  The Mets can absolutely dominate the NYC baseball scene if their ownership can get and keep them on top while the Yankees ownership slips to mediocrity or below. 

You’re talking about the NYC baseball scene. I’m talking about legacies and cultural recognition. Neither of us is wrong.

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

What does having a new stadium have to do with a packed house? As a tax payer, eff that. Where they play is fine. 

Raiders went from Oakland valued at 1 billion , to going to Las Vegas , and now worth over 6 billion as a franchise.       That’s why you move to a new stadium.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

I get it it is just that the Mets and our beloved jets just take it to stupid levels sometimes.

The Red Sox still do the shopping cart thing. Miami is apparently ending the turnover chain, but you get the idea. This transcends teams. The Trumpet thing is actually pretty tame compared to other asshattery out there.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders went from Oakland valued at 1 billion , to going to Las Vegas , and now worth over 6 billion as a franchise.       That’s why you move to a new stadium.

They just did, and the tax payers are still paying for it. Why do I care if the Jets increase their value.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

The Red Sox still do the shopping cart thing. Miami is apparently ending the turnover chain, but you get the idea. This transcends teams. The Trumpet thing is actually pretty tame compared to other asshattery out there.

I like the trumpet. I did not care for the guy on the field doing it but do understand if it is a one time event -so be it.

I just don't want to see the Mets Metstify it (new word) by trying to change something that is fine the way it is. 

An example I can provide is for the Jets. When it is 3rd down it used to be either the large screen displaying 3rd down in bold to get the crowd cheering or the announcer emphasizing it is 3rd down. The Jets have turned that into Joe Nolan becoming the most obnoxious part of the game. 

Again, it is just how you present it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I like the trumpet. I did not care for the guy on the field doing it but do understand if it is a one time event -so be it.

I just don't want to see the Mets Metstify it (new word) by trying to change something that is fine the way it is. 

An example I can provide is for the Jets. When it is 3rd down it used to be either the large screen displaying 3rd down in bold to get the crowd cheering or the announcer emphasizing it is 3rd down. The Jets have turned that into Joe Nolan becoming the most obnoxious part of the game. 

Again, it is just how you present it. 

Fair enough. This was a one time thing though. Dude tours a lot and stuff, dont think hes getting a citi field residence any time soon.

Just needed an opportunity to hate on the red sox and that dumbass turnover chain thing haha.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I remember when Shea opened.   You have to have context.  National league baseball was played in the Polo Grounds and Yankee stadium at that time had stanchens all around the stadium that blocked the view of the field.  It was a dump in a decaying neighborhood and access by Subway was scary for decades.   

1964 the area around Shea hosted the NY Worlds fair.  It was at the time beautiful.  The fair grounds and Shea Stadium were beautiful.  The walk up from the LI railroad or the subway was safe, easy and plenty of young fans were able to safely attend day games without adult supervision.   Fans could go to baseball games and see the entire playing field from any seat without obstruction.  It was clean and modern.  I remeber the 3 day games against the Orioles in the WS.  The place was absolutely rocking.  It had great access by rail.

The entire area went to seed including the stadium.  I've been to Citi field a few times.  The sight lines in Shea were better to actually watch a game, especially down the first base line.

60's architecture had a very short shelf life.  In it's day Shea was fantastic for baseball and that's what it was built for.  

I’m not that old (only in this context lol) but I loved shea. Place was great and as you said for an older stadium had great sight lines 

Citi is probably the best new stadium for a “baseball experience”. You never have to sit in your seat and your still at the game. As far as actual site lines, hard for me to comment, Iv Only been to shea, citi, wriggley and the 2 Yankee stadiums. I’d probably agree shea had better overall site lines 

18 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Your comparing apples to bananna's.

If the Raiders stayed in Oakland but moved to a new stadium, their overall value barely budges. You want to add the value of the stadium to the franchise value - well that depends if the Raiders do in fact own it or if the taxpayers paid for it - it might belong to the state or a share.

Now moving to Vegas was genius and certainly improved their value because Vegas is Vegas - not Oakland.

The Jets are already in the NYC market. Their value does not change one bit whether their stadium is in East Rutherford, Queens or the Bronx.

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Does he have to ask Billy Wagner for permission?

Like a lot of things in life and human history:

you don’t ask for permission, you TAKE IT, SET the NEW STANDARD, and not only do you make it yours, IT BECOMES YOURS because others learned of it because of your greatness. 

most casual baseball fans would ask, who is William Wagner? But everyone knows #42 Tha Sandman Mo.?