Zach Wilson: "Could Be Ready for Week 1"

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Zach was telling people this?  Or someone at the lunch said that Zach was telling people this?

I watched the team get off the bus, and Zach Wilson was not there.

Nice.  Fellow Villanova Alum here.

Class of 2007, Arts and Sciences.

My brother in law is there.  He's a (go ahead, have at it) heavy-hitting attorney in Florham Park, NJ.  My brother in law is not a fellow alumnus, UDel Under Grad and Seton Hall Law.

He sent me a photo of: 1. Him 2. Zach

Caption said: "Asked him when he will be ready to go, Zach said Week 1 he is a go" End quote.

27 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

My family member is at the event and mingling with all of the players, including ZW.

$1500.00 a head.

He asked him point blank.

That was Zach's response.

Take it with a grain of salt but, that's directly from the horse's mouth.

LFG!!!  I want to watch Zach play 17 games this season.

The knee clean up isn't a huge deal, very common, guys come back quick.  It's time to be more excited than worried. 

Zach's potential is limitless - we've been excited about this season for a loooong time and for good reason.  Get the young FQB out on the football field and lets ******* go!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just like the owner of a business or company making a dumb move.  We brought Saleh here to add stability and make good decisions.  So far, especially if he has the balls to start Zach on a knee that's been hurt & repaired twice in less than a year?  Not living up to expectations.

Yeah, I've seen various forms of this argument made on this board over the past few weeks. Suffice it to say that I don't get it. 

The idea is that, once the medical staff clears the starting QB to play and he gets a full week of practice for the next game (Saleh's stated criteria), he gets to play. I'm personally skeptical all of this is happening before week 1, but it's really not any more complicated than that.

The phrase "especially if he has the balls to start Zach on a knee that's been hurt & repaired twice in less than a year," seems to imply that Wilson should never play football again.

I have to ask: Once the starting QB is medically cleared and has practiced for the upcoming start, how long do you hold him out after he's been medically cleared? one week? two weeks? six weeks? And, more importantly, why

I'm just not sure what your argument really even is, tbh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Nice.  Fellow Villanova Alum here.

Class of 2007, Arts and Sciences.

My brother in law is there.  He's a (go ahead, have at it) heavy-hitting attorney in Florham Park, NJ.  My brother in law is not a fellow alumnus, UDel Under Grad and Seton Hall Law.

He sent me a photo of: 1. Him 2. Zach

Caption said: "Asked him when he will be ready to go, Zach said Week 1 he is a go" End quote.

Interesting.  He wasn’t on the bus is all I know. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Lmao@ describing photos instead of— you know— maybe posting them with your ‘ family members ‘ faced blurred

Yeah because my brother in law who has a, ya know, job, career, family, wife, bills to pay, etc. wants you mouth breathing, hot cheeto consuming slobs to see his face and start looking at him, googling him and researching him.

no thanks.

enjoy my tax dollars hard at work.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I've seen various forms of this argument made on this board over the past few weeks. Suffice it to say that I don't get it. 

The idea is that, once the medical staff clears the starting QB to play and he gets a full week of practice for the next game (Saleh's stated criteria), he gets to play. I'm personally skeptical all of this is happening before week 1, but it's really not any more complicated than that.

The phrase "especially if he has the balls to start Zach on a knee that's been hurt & repaired twice in less than a year," seems to imply that Wilson should never play football again.

I have to ask: Once the starting QB is medically cleared and has practiced for the upcoming start, how long do you hold him out after he's been medically cleared? one week? two weeks? six weeks? And, more importantly, why

I'm just not sure what your argument really even is, tbh. 

Medically cleared to play is not the same as the knee is now fully healed.  Countless players in every sport have been rushed back into action only to see them hurt again or shorten their professional sports lives..  Again, Zach's knee has been hurt and operated on twice in less than a year.  I don't believe two weeks worth of rest/rehab is enough to get it into NFL game shape.   If he does push it, don't be surprised if he re-injures the leg.  And that will be on Saleh.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Medically cleared to play is not the same as the knee is now fully healed.  Countless players in every sport have been rushed back into action only to see them hurt again or shorten their professional sports lives..  Again, Zach's knee has been hurt and operated on twice in less than a year.  I don't believe two weeks worth of rest/rehab is enough to get it into NFL game shape.   If he does push it, don't be surprised if he re-injures the leg.  And that will be on Saleh.

Ok Doctor, then how much time is enough? 

Two weeks? Two months? Be specific. 

Just now, munchmemory said:

Guy could be "ready to go for Week 1" and they could hold him out another 6 weeks.

Any moron can figure that out.

But, there's a lot of morons here, so, we will see how this board twists this one around.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

So limited Training camp no preseason games,  yeah let’s throw him right in there sounds like a good plan!  

But he's not going to get anymore training camp or preseason games. Those are over. 

So, I guess we can't play him until 2023, huh? 

Oh well, let's go Joe!!!!!

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Ok Doctor, then how much time is enough? 

Two weeks? Two months? Be specific. 

I don't purport myself to be a doctor or any kind of medical/injury expert.   All I know is Zach hurt that knee twice in less than a year.  The second time when an angry ghost tackled him.   You think a couple of weeks is fine for him to run full out during a game or take hits from NFL defenses.  I don't.   As a common sense guess?   I'd say Zach should have been shelved for around 4-5 weeks to heal, receive physical therapy, and get back to throwing/game shape.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I’d like to see him play because you know you’d want to.

When the time comes, The bone bruise will make it tricky to know if it’s feeling right - cause that won’t be better or feel great for a while IIRC. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Zach saying "I will be ready week 1"

And Saleh saying, "Zach is our starting QB week 1" are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

Take it easy. I’m not disputing what you said I’m Saying It’s not a good idea at all  due to his limited reps you know like a recipe for disaster.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But he's not going to get anymore training camp or preseason games. Those are over. 

So, I guess we can't play him until 2023, huh? 

Oh well, let's go Joe!!!!!

Agreed . Let him practice with the starters for several weeks before throwing the kid in, again. I want what’s best for the Success of the team and Zach Wilson’s health and preparation are the key  to start things off in the right direction.